1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After three years...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005 | 01:11 PM
GABadger
|
Neutral
After three years...

...of lusting after a Mini Cooper, I'm finally joining the ranks. Saturday I pick up my Pepper White/Black MC with Sport/Prem/chrome mirrors.

Don't know why I waited so long. I've bought and sold 4 other cars since the Mini first came out and everytime I find a reason not to buy a Mini. Not this time. I can't wait to pick it up and begin Motoring!

So, any local Atlanta area clubs I should be looking out for?

Saturday won't come soon enough.:smile:

Old 03-22-2005 | 01:24 PM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
You will have a great group of MINI folks to hang out with in Atlanta!

Check out http://www.atlantaminis.net for your local MINI scene!

Your new MINI sounds great! congrats!

Old 03-22-2005 | 01:34 PM
mattharris75
2nd Gear
I've got a Cooper S that should arrive at Hank Aaron Mini in Atlanta the middle of April myself. I live in Auburn, AL. The sales manager at Hank Aaron mentioned to me that they were going to be trying to get together an instructional track day at Little Talladega in June for the Birmingham and Atlanta area Mini clubs. I thought it was pretty cool that a local dealer was supporting motorsports. Hope to see you guys there! (curious to see how different the Cooper S is around TGP than my S2000 is. )

Old 03-22-2005 | 01:55 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by GABadger
everytime I find a reason not to buy a Mini. Not this time.
Alright!...that's awesome. Way to go! Jump on in...the motorin's great!

For all the MINI's alluring powers, nothing beats actual motoring...MINI really do live up to their reputation.

Once you drive a MINI, ur face will be grinny!!! (...or something like that)

Old 03-22-2005 | 02:00 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Congrats!!! Can't wait to see some pixs.... Great place you've found here...:smile:

02' CR/W MCS (gone to MINI heaven)
05' Cool Blue MCSC

Old 03-22-2005 | 06:16 PM
VRBeauty
6th Gear
Four cars in three years??? I hope your MINI hits the spot!

Contrats and enjoy!

Old 03-22-2005 | 07:14 PM
Turbogeo
3rd Gear
You will find yourself waking up in the middle of the night not being able to sleep just thinking about that mini.

Old 03-22-2005 | 07:30 PM
MINI Monkey
5th Gear
Congratulations! Your going to love it. The MINI is the most fun car I have ever owned or driven. I made the same mistake and bought another car when I really wanted a MINI but at least we are motoring now. You should think about driving up to the 2005 Dragon event, that would be a great way to break it in & meet some MINI people. :smile:

Old 03-22-2005 | 07:51 PM
chrisneal
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jds
Once you drive a MINI, ur face will be grinny!!!
That's awesome. Coming to a billboard near you!

GABadger, welcome! I really like those pepper white/black combos. They remind me of oreo cookie ice cream.

Old 03-23-2005 | 06:41 AM
Lola5
1st Gear
deja MINI!

WELCOME WELCOME!!!
You are so psyched! PW/B MC w/Sport, Prem/chrome mirrors.. I'm getting nearly the same car! Brilliant color choice!
I've also opted for CVT, and cold weather and scads of other chromified options. On my baby, Lola, I ordered every option in the Sports package MINUS the 16" runflats... I'm a big fan of what I call the classic MINI "Swiss Cheese Wheels" but Lola WILL have DSC, sport seats, rear painted spoiler, front fogs.. I cannot wait! She's crossing the pond as I write.. due in to port on FRIDAY!!!! Yeeehawww!

Right, back to YOU.. hehehe Pepper White is an elegant color, complemented so beautifully with the contrasting black roof. In a word: GORGEOUS! I've been drooling over a co-workers for months now who just so happens to have the same color combo. Yours will truly stand out with the chrome side mirrors (which I'm also getting!). Congratulations to you and welcome to the NAM family. :smile:
And trust me, this car is a KEEPER!!! Come on Saturday!!!

Old 03-23-2005 | 08:10 AM
GABadger
|
Neutral
I wanted a few more options but did not want to wait to order one since I sold my daily driver and don't want to drive my vintage 1974 Duster for 8 weeks or more. Had I ordered, I would have added the Chrome interior, Chrome exterior, Cold weather package and Anthracite versus the Silver interior trim. Overall, very close to my dream MINI and I don't have to wait!

I'm probably going to add the Chrome interior goodies myself cuz you can never have enough chrome.

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Chris

Old 03-23-2005 | 08:14 AM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
GABadger, I had a similar experience. Had my MINI on order and the dealer called to let me know that another customer had backed out on their MINI which was almost identical to the one I had ordered (no cold weather package).

I snapped it up and enjoyed 3 more months of my life driving a MINI instead of waiting. . .

Old 03-23-2005 | 10:35 AM
Lola5
1st Gear
small world

Originally Posted by GABadger
I wanted a few more options but did not want to wait to order one since I sold my daily driver and don't want to drive my vintage 1974 Duster for 8 weeks or more. Had I ordered, I would have added the Chrome interior, Chrome exterior, Cold weather package and Anthracite versus the Silver interior trim. Overall, very close to my dream MINI and I don't have to wait!

I'm probably going to add the Chrome interior goodies myself cuz you can never have enough chrome.

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Chris
Too weird.... I'm also getting chrome interior & exterior, cold package and anthracite dash and headliner. Also getting black leather seats, glove box organizer, iPod adapter, rear mudflaps - possibly fronts too, boot box, and chrome foot rest and the too cool UJ valve stem caps - lastly, checkered flag/UJ badge which I bought when MINI was reintroduced and finally will have one of my own on which to place it!:smile:

The only mod I will make will be to get the snazzy chrome side vents from Moss. I may swap them out occasionally if I put the black mirror caps on for a different look and use the chrome mirror caps with the chrome side vents. I've also got two dogs who I will be toting around in the back (with the seats folded down) and already received the handsome quilted cotton twill pad (in khaki) and a bolstered cushion which creates a couch effect in the back (also in khaki) which I ordered online. My furry kids will ride safely in style whilst rounding those twists & turns! They are going to love it! They absolutely love travelling as it is. Boy are they in for a posh ride!!

I have to admit, this is my dream car and this is without doubt the longest month of my life waiting for her!! The ship she's on is due to port on Friday. <giddy!> Hopefully by next weekend I'll be tooling around in her with my husband to be and our furry kids! Life is good.

Keep in touch and let us know how it goes with your snazzy PW MC. Such a classy, timeless color. Enjoy! And brace yourself for lots of stares.. she's an eye-catcher!

Still waiting for my ship to come in,
~Lola 5

Old 03-23-2005 | 10:45 AM
erik99
3rd Gear
So, any local Atlanta area clubs I should be looking out for?
Yep, you want www.atlantaminis.net Head on over there and join up.

My wife and I just did our first event with them this past Sunday....a scavenger hunt. I think over 20 teams participated. We had a blast (we won!) and enjoyed hanging out with everyone afterwards.

Their next event is a run to an ice cream parlor out in the country. Sounds like another good time