1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini Dreamer

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005 | 12:56 PM
cgrant
|
1st Gear
Mini Dreamer

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am looking to buy a mini in the near future as soon as I sell my 2004 Saleen n2o Focus.

I've been browsing around for a few days and have developed a couple questions that I was wondering if someone could help me out with.

1. JCW Package - is this something that must be done at the dealership or are there "simillar" packages out there that I can install myself and still get basically the same end product/gains.
2. I'm looking to get a used Dark Grey Mini Cooper S but can't seem to find any. Especially around here (North Dakota) The nearest Mini Dealer is 223 miles away. I was wondering what the current ordering time and pricing is like on brand new Minis? I'm hoping to get around $21,000 for my car and am saving more as we speak.
3. Could some of you list some of the "best" mini aftermarket sites aswell as forums? I'm having trouble finding some good sites despite all the searches I've done.

Thanks all. Great site and community you got going here and I can't wait until I have a mini of my own

Old 04-06-2005 | 02:39 PM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
Greetings and welcome.
1. JCW kit is a dealership installed upgrade package. It has the advantage of keeping the factory warranty and the disadvantage of being relatively expensive. It comes with cool badges though. You can get basically the same upgrades for 1/2 the cost or better elsewhere, but they may void parts of the factory warrantee. Have a read in the performance forum on here.

2. Ordering time will vary from dealer to dealer. Best bet is to call the closest dealer, and if you don't like their answer, contact some of the dealers who are sponsors on here. (Click on the "Sponsor list" link near the top of the links toolbar on the laft of most pages). Pricing also varies, but from memory, you should expect to pay MSRP. I don't think many dealerships are below MSRP.

3. NAM is the best IMO. If you are asking for places that sell aftermarket parts, there are a bunch, MossMINI, MINIMania, M7, MINI-Madness, Helix13, 7Enterprises, Webb Motorsports, R-Speed, Terry Sayther Automotive are some I can think of off the top of my head. There are a number of others who are a little further buried in my head. Again, have a look in the sponsor list.

Old 04-06-2005 | 03:06 PM
nolimit
4th Gear
I have done alot of calling the last few weeks and here is what i have learned.

If you are willing to wait about 10 months for and ordered MINI as you like, they can be had at MSRP. If you want on sooner, like 3-4 months, be preparded to pay dealer mark-ups. Most of my searching has been west of the Mississippi river. Phoinex dealer will not sell because I'm not an AZ resident. Las vegas Mini is short wait time but has dealer mark-up.
Ralph Schomp Denver, Rassmusan OR Long wait times but sell at MSRP.

Best bet for new is to call around see what they might have in stock or check out wait times on ordering.
Good luck
Hope to hear that you will be motoring.

Old 04-06-2005 | 04:36 PM
DAVE!
3rd Gear
Welcome! We're in the same position here...I'm picking up my MC40 sometime between now and the 15th...get the purchase over with quickly, or you'll slowly drive yourself insane

Seriously though, good luck in your hunt for a MINI, and this is the best site I've seen in combination with my local club for all the info you can ever hope for. Everyone has been very nice and helpful here so far.

Dave.

Old 04-06-2005 | 04:46 PM
cgrant
|
1st Gear
Thanks for the responses guys. Unfortunately I'm unable to even begin ordering/purchasing until I sell my current car.

But, that doesn't mean I can't start making my aftermarket parts list!