1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi all!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005 | 03:37 PM
1nf3rn0
|
6th Gear
Hi all!

Hi all!

I have been a fan of the mini since before the US release. I have always wanted one and that goal will soon be achieved. A few months ago, I discovered these forums and I have been checking back to see out some ideas for the Mini S I will be ordering in a few months. Hopefully, I will be able to order it before august, but it all depends on when the parents decide to order it.

I am going to get a dealer customized mini that will have a Turbo attached to the Supercharger to produce an amazing 250 hp. The guy at the dealer said it was “unofficially” tested at a 0-60 of ~4 seconds! I will have to believe it when I see it, but in any event, the mini will be amazing. The complete list of modifications include: Aero Kit, Brembo Brakes, 1” lower sport suspension, 18” BBS Rims, Alta Cold Air Intake, Recaro Racing Seats, Roll Bars, Sway Bars, H/K Premium Sound and a pair of 10” 1000 watt subs. The best part of the entire package is that it has a dealer warrantee.

Hope to see you guys and girls around!

Blake

Old 04-12-2005 | 01:51 AM
TheOldMan
4th Gear
Hi,

WOW!

I think you should pass up first gear and proceed directly to the performance and modification forums.

Welcome to NAM.

Old 04-12-2005 | 02:17 AM
RCristiano
5th Gear
Sweet spec on that MINI, dude. If you can try and take it to a track meet sometime soon. It'll get you rreeeeeal familiar with what your car can do. ESPECIALLY if you can ride with another MINI driver. I went to a track day and another MINI guy totally embarassed me on the track - I could be a lot more aggressive than I had expected!!!

Have fun with the new car! I was a pre-release fan, too- hopefully it lives up to your own hype!

Old 04-12-2005 | 02:18 AM
AC_MINI
5th Gear
WOW!!!!!!!!! That is too good to be ture so which dealer is this that will
install all of this MOD and give you a full warranties???

Originally Posted by 1nf3rn0
Hi all!

I have been a fan of the mini since before the US release. I have always wanted one and that goal will soon be achieved. A few months ago, I discovered these forums and I have been checking back to see out some ideas for the Mini S I will be ordering in a few months. Hopefully, I will be able to order it before august, but it all depends on when the parents decide to order it.

I am going to get a dealer customized mini that will have a Turbo attached to the Supercharger to produce an amazing 250 hp. The guy at the dealer said it was “unofficially” tested at a 0-60 of ~4 seconds! I will have to believe it when I see it, but in any event, the mini will be amazing. The complete list of modifications include: Aero Kit, Brembo Brakes, 1” lower sport suspension, 18” BBS Rims, Alta Cold Air Intake, Recaro Racing Seats, Roll Bars, Sway Bars, H/K Premium Sound and a pair of 10” 1000 watt subs. The best part of the entire package is that it has a dealer warrantee.

Hope to see you guys and girls around!

Blake

Old 04-12-2005 | 03:31 AM
nolimit
4th Gear
Is a turbo even possible with a supercharger?

That would be insane boast levels.
How would it be routed?
Turbo compessing air then force feed into supercharger that then forces the compressed air into the intake

Old 04-12-2005 | 10:50 AM
1nf3rn0
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RCristiano

Have fun with the new car! I was a pre-release fan, too- hopefully it lives up to your own hype!
ive driven one for a weekend before. The car was pure fun. It has and will continue to live up to expectations

Old 04-12-2005 | 10:54 AM
1nf3rn0
|
6th Gear
To answer you questions, the modification will be done by Automotive Legends in Mlaibu, CA. www.automotivelegends.com Ask them about the mini gt (thats the model of mini that they modify in their own shop) for questions. As far as i know, the turbo will bost the intake from 11 to 13 psi. The impressive 0-60 boost to 4 seconds comes from supercharger low end power and the turbo high end. that way, the car will pull even harder in the 5k and 6k ranges.

Old 04-13-2005 | 02:52 AM
nolimit
4th Gear
I have never heard of that type of modifacation before. I do see that it is possible.

Well I learned something new today .
Did they say anything about reliability?

Old 04-13-2005 | 10:07 AM
thefuturequeenofnebraska
6th Gear
hmmm that could be fun... 250 horsepower? i might have to motor to malibu for that! let us know more of what you think and how things work out when you get her! congrats!

Old 04-13-2005 | 10:14 AM
dominicminicoopers
6th Gear
Originally Posted by nolimit
I have never heard of that type of modifacation before. I do see that it is possible.
Check out this thread: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=39942

It's a progress report on SPI's development for a stage 2 twincharge system. The stage 1 twincharge system has been for sale for a while now.

Old 04-13-2005 | 10:36 AM
1nf3rn0
|
6th Gear
nolimit: the dealer has made currently 2 models similar to the one im buying. Both of the owners are thoroughly enjoying their cars.

And thanks for the link to the turbo thread dominic. I will read up on it.

Old 04-13-2005 | 10:47 AM
chrisneal
6th Gear
nolimit: the dealer has made currently 2 models similar to the one im buying. Both of the owners are thoroughly enjoying their cars.
Just to be clear - you're talking about Automotive legends, not the dealer you're ordering your car from, correct? When you just say "dealer" on these forums, people tend to assume you mean a dealer selling new MINIs.

Good luck with your order!

Old 04-13-2005 | 10:55 AM
1nf3rn0
|
6th Gear
yes by "dealer" i mean Automotive Legends. Technically they have the liscence to sell mini coopers and order them direct from BMW. In reality, they are a car boutike that focuses heavily on high powered imports.

and thanks chris! i just have to wait till we sell one of our houses to buy it. Stupid rules set by parents..

Old 04-13-2005 | 11:37 AM
Coop d'etat
4th Gear
and thanks chris! i just have to wait till we sell one of our houses to buy it. Stupid rules set by parents..

Good luck with your new mini....

Old 04-13-2005 | 02:56 PM
hollis3
Coordinator :: Motoring Underground Club Forum
Good luck with your MINI. When do you get it?

Old 04-13-2005 | 04:15 PM
1nf3rn0
|
6th Gear
it all depends. The car will take 2 months to be built once i order it. I will be ordering it sometime between now and november at the latest. the sooner the better, but it is out of my controll