1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wsup everyone...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 08:52 AM
Hulles
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wsup everyone...

I been browsin around here for awhile now. At the moment and for the past 5yrs ive had a 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS. I am in the process of selling it right now so that i can order a 2005 MCS. I test drove one about a month ago and it was fun as hell to drive, nobody came with me on the drive so I pushed it pretty damn hard lol Good times

The car handles really well in stock form, not quite as well as my impreza, its gonna take some work to get to that lvl, but thats the fun of it :smile:

Hopefully the guy whos buying my car will be here to pick it up this weekend or next. Then I can do the orderin. Kinda sucks havin to wait so long tho i'll be borrowing a toyota matrix(lol) from my mom till the car arrives, OH BOY! well at least ill be able to dodge bullets and such, laffo!

Heres a pic of my good ole impreza ill be selling..gonna miss it! but..time for a change hehe

Well, ill be seein u guys around the boards!

DM

Old 04-27-2005, 09:09 AM
10851CS
Former Vendor
Welcome to NAM

I'm sure you will enjoy the MCS. I've had lots of difference cars and my MCS is the best car I have ever had.

Earl

Old 04-27-2005, 09:48 AM
J-Didi
3rd Gear
Good luck. I'm sure you'll enjoy the MINI.

Old 04-27-2005, 10:37 AM
eMINI
5th Gear
Welcome to NAM. You'll love your MCS, and you'll love NAM. Neither is perfect, but both are darn good examples of what can be accomplished when there is a car that evokes passion.

Old 04-27-2005, 01:37 PM
garretwp
5th Gear
Hulles,

Do you have your car posted on NASIOC for sale? I swear i have seen that car for sale on that forum. I to have a 2000 Subaru 2.5RS. My bro will be buying the car and i placed an order for the MCS a week ago. It is already in production as we speak. I laughed at the idea of getting a MCS when my bro told me to look into one. But after that test drive i was in love. I test drove it twice just to make sure it was the right car. Well as you know its in production and cant wait to get it!!!! Congrats and best of luck.

Garrett

Old 04-27-2005, 04:27 PM
Hulles
2nd Gear
wsup garrett,

yup I have it posted for sale on NASIOC and 25RS.com haha so im sure you have prolly seen it. Ive been on nasioc for a loooong time now haha but it looks like ill be switchin over to this board. Good luck with the car man! I hope I can order mine soon as well ha

u know its funny about the RS and the MCS I keep trying to compare them in my head..I may have to test drive it again too haha when I was drivin the MCS on the test drive..it felt fast, faster than my RS. but now sometimes when im drivin my RS I think..hmm..was that MCS faster than this? haha doesnt really matter tho im still commited to getting one. I want somethin diff from the last car

DM

Old 04-27-2005, 05:37 PM
garretwp
5th Gear
That was my choice, i was going to get a STi but insurance was to much, so i looked at the WRX and that was going to be more than what i want to spend. So for kicks i decided to give the MCS a drive and i fell in love with the car. I wanted something that not a lot of people have and that was the car. Its quick and you can make it even faster. What the MCS has on the Impreza, is that its a few hundred pounds lighter and has a few more horses. So i am sure its faster. Also you do not have that much power loss on the MCS than you do on the Subaru due to AWD.

Garrett

Old 04-28-2005, 12:43 AM
nolimit
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too have a 2000 2.5RS and have been a Member of NASIOC since 2000, I do most of my posting in the Alaska chapter under sspriest.
I love my RS and will be keeping it, it is paid off, but I also have a
CR/B MC that is in production as we speak
With the winters up here I figured that keeping the AWD would be best.
I've owned the car since new and have put over 92k on it.
Hoping to do the same with the MINI.
Welcome aboard
Cheers
Shawn

Old 04-28-2005, 05:46 AM
garretwp
5th Gear
My 2.5RS is already paid off as well. But I am selling my car to my brother in which that money will go towards i very nice down payment on my new MCS!!! Every bit will help thats for sure.

Garrett

Old 05-27-2005, 07:08 AM
Hulles
2nd Gear
Well the MCS is finally ordered ha Dark Grey/Black top sport package, chrono pack, and LSD.

I was going to get the Aux Audio input..I faxed the guy my build. he faxed back the total. the dealer was charging $198 for the input..lol. I was like uhhh no thanks. ill buy he piece for $40 and put it in myself. thats retarded ha

I should be getting my build date within a few days. man this is gonna be a long wait =(

DM

Old 05-27-2005, 09:04 AM
The Short Bus
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where in VA? Have you been to the RCM or DCMM boards?

Old 05-27-2005, 10:57 AM
Hulles
2nd Gear
im in stafford VA. RCM? DCMM? nope I dont even know what that means lol

DM

Old 05-27-2005, 11:44 AM
danielg
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Hulles
im in stafford VA. RCM? DCMM? nope I dont even know what that means lolDM
RCM = River City Minis (Richmond MINI club) http://www.rivercityminis.org/
DCMM = DC Metro Minis http://www.dcmetrominis.org/

Old 05-27-2005, 12:03 PM
Hulles
2nd Gear
THANKS DANIELG! NOW I KNOW!

and of course. we all know. that knowing is half the battle!

DM

Old 05-27-2005, 01:01 PM
danielg
4th Gear
THANKS DANIELG! NOW I KNOW!

and of course. we all know. that knowing is half the battle!

DM
G.I. Joe rocks!

Old 05-30-2005, 09:20 AM
Hulles
2nd Gear
ha since my mini is actually ordered now...it seems like I am seeing more of them on the road than ever! I swear somethins tryin to tease me...esp when I see ones the same color as what im getting lol no fair

DM

Old 05-30-2005, 09:40 AM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 69 Likes on 66 Posts
ha since my mini is actually ordered now...it seems like I am seeing more of them on the road than ever! I swear somethins tryin to tease me...esp when I see ones the same color as what im getting lol no fair

DM
Hulles,

Aloha and welcome to NAM.
Good to hear from you.
Did you use your RS for any autocross, track, or performance driving events?

What are you going to use your MCS for? Any of those?
Are you thinking of doing any upgrades to your MCS right away?

My advice would be to drive it stock for awhile- are you ordering the Limited slip differential? That's a good option for those that want more performance and order the getrag 6 speed transmission.

Good luck.

Old 05-31-2005, 05:21 AM
Hulles
2nd Gear
minihune,

whats up? My RS was my daily driver and I used it for spirited driving on the twisties and such, never got around to an autox but I always wanted too. I imagine ill be doing so with the mini.

Yeah I ordered the LSD, also went with no sunroof to keep the chassis nice and rigid. Sport package is on there as well. oh and yeah its the 6spd manual.

I agree with driving it stock for awhile, helps u learn how to drive the car well. then you can feel each mod you do to it and how it affects the car. thats what I did with my RS. I would imagine the first mods will be an intake, then probably a rear sway bar to take abit of the understeer out of it. I'll put that stuff on after the car is well broken in tho. :smile:

DM

Old 06-04-2005, 10:31 AM
Hulles
2nd Gear
Called the dealership yesterday, he gave my the production number and said it will be built in the 27th week of the year, making that the first week of july. and should be delivered the 3rd or 4th week of july. The mini owners lounge still says on order. doesnt give a date or nothing but at least I finally have a time frame of when this is gonna happen now haha the 2month wait begins hopefully it goes fast lol

DM

Old 06-04-2005, 01:27 PM
KennyMooper
5th Gear
A Matrix sounds nice....I've been stuck in an 82 Riviera while I wait for my car

Old 06-26-2005, 07:51 AM
Hulles
2nd Gear
well the mini finally moved from "On Order" to "Schedualed for Production" yesterday. Im guessin that means the process is finally starting? Dude at the dealership is sayin delivery 3rd or 4th week of july still. so I got about a month ha

DM

Old 06-26-2005, 08:43 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hulles...we'll keep sending good vibes to Plant Oxford as your MINI is created....very good stuff. I would keep those delivery dates your dealer gave you foremost in your mind. Otherwise you may go mad!!! My MINI arrived only 2.5 week after production...but this can vary.

Old 06-27-2005, 06:34 AM
Hulles
2nd Gear
2.5 weeks after it said schedualed for production?...man that would be sweet haha I hope im that lucky, but somehow I doubt it lol

DM

Old 07-04-2005, 01:36 AM
Hulles
2nd Gear
Well the mini has been built hehe the website now shows "Awaiting Transport"

I got a question for u guys tho, how do I track like..which ship it will be on and all that stuff I hear people talking about? the only thing I know how to do is check the mini owners lounge page to see what stage its at ha

thanks!

DM

Old 07-04-2005, 04:38 AM
dr_doogie_md
3rd Gear
Well I've heard a couple different things. On one note, your mini could be sitting for at least a few days waiting to get on a ship.

The website and 1-866-ask-mini don't give more info than it's en route. Your MA will have the most info.

As to tracking the exact ship, that's what I'm trying to figure out. So far using the search function I found this website
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/index.html#search
But you need to know what ship it's on first.

THen there's this:
http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTra...?trackType=Auto
Enter your VIN and it's supposed to work, but it doesn't with my VIN.

Frankly, by the time I figure out how to track the damn boat, my MINI will be at the New Jersey distribution center.

Quick Reply: Wsup everyone...