1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another new guy... with a twist (I think)

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 07:13 AM
Djtyrone
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by goaljnky
msdbrain: So you and sis also live at home? No rent, food, etc. expenses?
Thats What it Sounds Like!!
I cant see his sister paying anything...she is only18...
MSDBRAIN is only 20 also...so it doesnt look like they would be paying rent or anything....But expenses are a different story!
I was paying for my insurance ever since i started driving at 16.

Old 05-06-2005, 07:15 AM
mdsbrain
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by goaljnky
msdbrain: So you and sis also live at home? No rent, food, etc. expenses?
Yup live @ home. Basically we live @ home but pay for everything but the house n school. My dad seems to know as I do that at this point with such car payments I will be in the house for a bit longer. Unless work pays me alot more.

There came a time in our family that if we wanted something the way we wanted it and what mom n dad provided wasn't good enough then "you pay for it". So thats what has happened. :smile:

I know it sounds bad but my dad n mom seem happier. Besides, they don't pay for 2 more cars.

Now come on folks were hijacking this thread. Or are we...its a thread about young MINI drivers.:smile:

Last edited by mdsbrain; 05-06-2005 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Added last few lines.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:26 AM
10851CS
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Battle Cattle
. I am 21.. and from what I see on most of the posts around here everyone is older... is this true?

mmmmmm dirt magnet
I'm 18 (in MINI years) (64 in people years) and got my MCS on April 19, 2003. Got my first ticket April 27, 2003 so be careful out there.

Just remember: Age is only a matter of mind. If you don't mind it doesn't matter.

Earl

Oops, forgot to say Welcome to NAM

And they say the mind is the second thing to go

Earl

Old 05-06-2005, 07:30 AM
Djtyrone
1st Gear
Originally Posted by mdsbrain
Yup live @ home. Basically we live @ home but pay for everything but the house n school. My dad seems to know as I do that at this point with such car payments I will be in the house for a bit longer. Unless work pays me alot more.

There came a time in our family that if we wanted something the way we wanted it and what mom n dad provided wasn't good enough then "you pay for it". So thats what has happened. :smile:

I know it sounds bad but my dad n mom seem happier. Besides, they don't pay for 2 more cars.

Now come on folks were hijacking this thread. Or are we...its a thread about young MINI drivers.:smile:
Your RIGHT!!!
Back to the LOVE FOR THE MINI!!!!

Old 05-06-2005, 08:14 AM
Battle Cattle
6th Gear
Just to make this a point I am fully paying for my car. Also I work 40hours a week and go to school fulltime. I do live at home but they charge me rent (how sucky is that) only thing I don't have to pay for is my insurance but that may be changing soon too. Stepping into the real world with my mini will make it so much more fun!

Old 05-06-2005, 08:32 AM
dapickler
1st Gear
Just Testing

this out...tnx.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:58 AM
Kellzir
4th Gear
I am 21 as well and expecting delivery of my MCSa very shortly.

Old 05-06-2005, 10:21 AM
BaldBikerGuy
Banned
You're as old as you feel!!!

My MINI make me feel like a kid, even though I've always been accused of acting like like a child.

45 years young...and my 24yr old wife loves driving my '02 MC...lucky me

Old 05-06-2005, 10:26 AM
IrishCooper
5th Gear
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
im 26 and i am ordering a 05 MCS and being that i am only 26 i am worried about affording it with everything else too. But i am figuring if i get a good enough downpayment i should be ok. Whats killing me is i am still trying to pay off my college loans too.

Old 05-09-2005, 07:30 AM
minizeeg
1st Gear
hey...it seems like i might grab the award for the youngest one here. I'm 17 now but i've had my MCS since i was 16. I will admit tho i haven't seen to many other people my age driving these go-karts around...but the people i have met, whether they are 20 or 80, have all been young at heart...must be the car!

Old 05-09-2005, 07:55 AM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
mmmmmm dirt magnet
Originally Posted by Skiploder
You have no idea - wait 'til you see how dirty the *** end gets.
Especially on roadtrips through the Dragon!

Welcome to NAM, Battle Cattle! MINI owners are all young-at-heart, like Donna said.

We do not fit into a narrow niche...we are from all different age-ranges and into lots of different lines of work. I'm a well-seasoned gal who has great MINI friends your age and younger here on NAM.

Clover

Old 05-09-2005, 10:18 AM
DSlates1983
1st Gear
same age

I am 21 and just got my first mini. It's seems to be people of all ages and walks of life drive MC. Were are you from? Derek. Gunnison, CO

Old 05-09-2005, 10:26 AM
DSlates1983
1st Gear
i'm 21 and bought it

I'm am 21 and bought/financed my mini. mom and dad are not that helpful, but i can't say im not doing that bad. I just got the MCS my wife the Audi A3, and a house last month.

Old 05-09-2005, 10:29 AM
YellowBellyMini
2nd Gear
I'm 21, and bought mine a month after I turned 19...and i pay for everything but rent. It seems that there are more and more younger people getting their hands on mini's now... but this was definately not the case when two years ago.

Old 05-09-2005, 10:32 AM
MyPocketRocket
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DSlates1983
I'm am 21 and bought/financed my mini. mom and dad are not that helpful, but i can't say im not doing that bad. I just got the MCS my wife the Audi A3, and a house last month.
Well...just ordered an A3 for my wife as well. What color did you get for the A3?

You can join www.fourtitude.com for things about Audi.

Old 05-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Ronin Quickblade
Neutral
Maybe we should...

Just motor and let us live our own lives. If we can enoy a Mini, why not enjoy a Mini? I'm getting the Yellow Bomber from my *younger* brother, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to enjoy it any less than any of you would..

Get a move on, love the road, love the people you share the road with, let them live their lives!

Jo-dan (Of the Hill People)

Old 05-10-2005, 08:15 AM
DaveTinNY
6th Gear
41 YEARS, 5 MONTHS... Still get carded from time to time when buying beer or wine, lol... I will be selling my beloved '02 Jeep Wrangler Sport (which I purchased new in October, 2001). Gas prices just aren't reasonable enough for me to continue filling the pockets of Washington DC politicians so i decided to go with a more economical vehicle. Not that I can't afford the gas -- I just want to make the oil companies profit a little less from me... bastards.

...Anyway, after the MCS test drive I was SOLD! What a car!! It took me 15 minutes to decide to buy one and here I wait... 13 MAY is the production completion date (FRIDAY!) and hopefully she will be on a ship soon after that. CAN'T WAIT!

Dave in NY

Old 05-10-2005, 08:47 AM
dcmitchell
2nd Gear
42 YEARS, 4 MONTHS. I, too, sold a beloved '93 Jeep Wrangler (purchased new by my wife in 1993 when she was in med school) as part of this downsizing effort. To replace it, we got a 2005 Jeep Liberty (6 spd manual) that my wife will be taking to Florida in August to start a 1-year theatre internship with Florida Rep in Ft Myers.

I'm in the process of selling a 1992 SAAB 900S in preparation for my own MCS, which should be here in a month or so. One test drive sold me - but then again, the MCS I drove was rated at 210 hp. Let's get small....
dcm (in DC)

Originally Posted by DaveTinNY
41 YEARS, 5 MONTHS... Still get carded from time to time when buying beer or wine, lol... I will be selling my beloved '02 Jeep Wrangler Sport (which I purchased new in October, 2001). Gas prices just aren't reasonable enough for me to continue filling the pockets of Washington DC politicians so i decided to go with a more economical vehicle. Not that I can't afford the gas -- I just want to make the oil companies profit a little less from me... bastards.

...Anyway, after the MCS test drive I was SOLD! What a car!! It took me 15 minutes to decide to buy one and here I wait... 13 MAY is the production completion date (FRIDAY!) and hopefully she will be on a ship soon after that. CAN'T WAIT!

Dave in NY

Old 05-10-2005, 09:37 AM
astra
4th Gear
Based on the concept that life begins at 40..

I am only 13!!!

Old 05-12-2005, 06:54 PM
Flyin'Grape
2nd Gear
Mini Age Stats! I just had to comment!

I'm 38, paid for college, paid for grad school, paid for post masters program for admin., have three kids (hence dropping a monthly amount to their college savings accounts) and am getting my 05 MSC this summer.

Some of us had to do it the hard way from the start..age 18 on!

I'll be so excited when my (last) baby arrives. The mini shower is already planned and I'll pay for that too!

Any way you get a Mini is good, but earning every penny to buy it on your own makes it a much sweeter prize!

Flyn'grape (yep.. you guessed it Purple Haze, Black Bonnet Stripes! Ready to race with all the packages and a race rubber!)

Old 05-12-2005, 08:07 PM
MiniJennK
1st Gear
I am 24 and I just picked my MCS HB/B on Monday. But it doesn't really matter how old you are, just how you motor.

Old 05-13-2005, 03:23 PM
The Short Bus
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Being my very first post, i think it's appropriate to start under this thread

I bought my 04 LY/W MC 2 months ago, used with 11k on the clock, from Crown BMW where it lived it's entire life as a courtesy car. Since i'm the smart kid that i am, i had zero credit to my name. So my rents co-signed putting me at 5.9% interest. I'm 19, and have already owned my 2 favorite cars. I was the proud new owner of my mini just 7 short hours of boobooing my beloved miata in the sleet.

I've been hanging out with mini clubs in the surrounding areas for well over a year now, without a mini, and haven't felt more welcome anywhere else.

Old 05-13-2005, 05:15 PM
Philpug
2nd Gear
I am 41 and my wife is 42. Lola is buying the Mini as a graduation present to herself. like a lot of people here, we are in our 40's and "still play with cars".

Old 05-14-2005, 05:02 PM
hollis3
Coordinator :: Motoring Underground Club Forum
is it age or attitude you are looking for?

Old 05-15-2005, 06:41 PM
Johnny L
4th Gear
Quite right, Dirty. But, come on, now. The child-tax credit and the two dependents can't be hurting the parents too much!

Originally Posted by Djtyrone
Your RIGHT!!!
Back to the LOVE FOR THE MINI!!!!

Quick Reply: Another new guy... with a twist (I think)