1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new mini anxiety

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 03:13 AM
terrryo
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new mini anxiety

My Mini has arrived at Mini of Pittsburgh and will be driven away this afternoon. My MA, Graham Chandler has moved my delivery up from next monday. I emailed Graham early yesterday, explaining how my sleep was being deprived anticipating getting my hands on Noodles. I have been arising each morning/night way too early for about three weeks, 2:30 am and start work at 8:00. I'm pretty obsessed right now, can recite my VIN. Just want to thank Graham publicly, he has been terrific never pushy, strongly reccomended the lsd and xenons. Hopefully all will be well once I drive away this afternoon, have to make an appearance at a family function then the break-in process begins. Will post pics tonight or tomorrow morning. Thanks for reading.
Terry

2005 S cr/b
cr interior
grey leatherette
lsd
h/k
factory armrest
chrome inside and outside (sorry chrome haters)
1st three packages minus 17s (r84s instead)
whalen
glove box organizer

Old 05-07-2005, 05:55 AM
YYC
4th Gear
You're describing the well-known "mini arrival anxiety syndrome" apparently common to all new mini owners-to-be. That's only the start of the problem. On delivery you will immediately be infected by "new owner anxiety virus" characterized by a constant worry that every odd sound you hear in your new Mini is somehow related to a major manufacturing defect. But your sleep will improve! At least mine did! :smile:

Old 05-07-2005, 05:58 AM
mdsbrain
OVERDRIVE
I'm in the home stretch. Just over a week to go and my car is @ the dealer. Then it will be prepped for me. That time will be the worse for me knowing my car is there awaiting me.

Old 05-07-2005, 11:53 AM
morknmini
6th Gear
Congratulations. Try to control the jitters when you leave the dealer and are driving it home. Smiling is probably okay, but you might want the windows closed if you begin to laugh. And perhaps a good idea to pull over if you laugh uncontrollably. That's been known to happen just prior to getting the virus.

Last edited by morknmini; 05-07-2005 at 11:54 AM. Reason: correction
Old 05-07-2005, 07:09 PM
track-toy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by morknmini
Congratulations. Try to control the jitters when you leave the dealer and are driving it home. Smiling is probably okay, but you might want the windows closed if you begin to laugh. And perhaps a good idea to pull over if you laugh uncontrollably. That's been known to happen just prior to getting the virus.
I delivered Terry's MINI today at MINI of Pittsburgh and I would have to say Terry and Kitty were thrilled! Kitty told me she didn't think Terry would hold up too well if he didn't get his MINI soon! Here's the kicker; he originally told me he wanted the car around Memorial day! I think we're 3 weeks early!

Graham
MINI of Pittsburgh

Old 05-07-2005, 07:19 PM
terrryo
1st Gear
thank you all, i had to attend a family function so not much driving was done. but this car is a blast. lots of good twisty roads here in western pa. will post some pix in the am. very difficult no to exceed 4500 rpms.

Old 05-07-2005, 07:36 PM
track-toy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by terrryo
thank you all, i had to attend a family function so not much driving was done. but this car is a blast. lots of good twisty roads here in western pa. will post some pix in the am. very difficult no to exceed 4500 rpms.
Terry, here is a link to your first track event assuming you motor enough to get the break-in done!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=42674

Beaverun open lapping in Wampum, PA, just a few miles northeast of the Pittsburgh International Airport or exit 13 off the PA turnpike then north on route 80 for 2 miles.

Old 05-08-2005, 08:12 AM
jabrowntx
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by track-toy
I think we're 3 weeks early!
Now they'll have the break-in done by Memorial Day!

Old 05-08-2005, 11:11 AM
minimonkey
4th Gear
I forgot what that's like, until reading your post. Even through I have only had mine for a month and a half now... the excitement hasn't worn off... it's just shifted.

But I used do the same thing... I would wake up in the middle off the night thinking about it... and couldn't get back to sleep... I too had the Vin # memeorized. Too funny - to hear somebody else when through the same thing. Best to you! Happy motoring!

Old 05-08-2005, 12:04 PM
morknmini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by track-toy
I delivered Terry's MINI today at MINI of Pittsburgh and I would have to say Terry and Kitty were thrilled! Kitty told me she didn't think Terry would hold up too well if he didn't get his MINI soon! Here's the kicker; he originally told me he wanted the car around Memorial day! I think we're 3 weeks early!

Graham
MINI of Pittsburgh
A dealer MA posting on NAM. That's great. I also like to repeat the photo of the red MINI slaloming through the esses ahead of a BMW.

Oops. No picture? Darn.

Last edited by morknmini; 05-08-2005 at 12:06 PM. Reason: goofed
Old 05-08-2005, 03:29 PM
MINIcentric
Former Vendor
How How about this one of me and my car!!!!

Graham
Originally Posted by morknmini
A dealer MA posting on NAM. That's great. I also like to repeat the photo of the red MINI slaloming through the esses ahead of a BMW.

Oops. No picture? Darn.

Old 05-08-2005, 03:46 PM
track-toy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jabrowntx
Now they'll have the break-in done by Memorial Day!
Jeff, they really need to get motoring like the rest of us did right after we got our cars. I drove to all the least likely places just to motor in my MINI. To the doctors office, the dentist, the dry cleaners, did the weekly grocery run, you name it, I did it to drive my MINI.

Memorial Day, three weeks, 1200 miles? Piece of cake, a walk in the park!!!!!

See you at the track Terry!!!!!!!!!

Graham

Old 05-09-2005, 02:43 AM
terrryo
1st Gear
I am well into the 3 digit range 105.

Old 05-09-2005, 03:13 AM
terrryo
1st Gear
Would just like to say that my car buying experience with Graham and MOP was really smooth. No extended warranty pitches, no pitches at all, Graham even told me the alarm system was an unnecessary option. How many other sales people out there will pass up more profit? I was in and out in less than two hours. Found myself taking the long and winding drive home last night, and am planning to do that whenever possible. So you out of towners that have to pay above msrp, I wouldn't do it, call Graham, He even gave my wife a lesson driving the manual tranny, she could have had more lessons but did'nt set them up. I am very happy right now.
http://home.comcast.net/~terrryo/minipage.html

Old 05-10-2005, 08:51 PM
MINIcentric
Former Vendor
Haven't heard from Terry in a while. He's either motoring or sleeping, one or the other. So he had MINI anxiety disorder before he picked up his MINI, so where is Terry? MINI anxiety should be fixed, right?

Old 05-11-2005, 08:34 AM
DaveTinNY
6th Gear
I'm in the Paint Shop.... and I'm feeling Terry's former "pain".... Gads this wait is gonna kill me. :-) I hope I get on a WW ship that breaks a new pond crossing record.

Dave in (metro) NY

Old 05-11-2005, 09:17 AM
nightbirdflyin
2nd Gear
Dave,

Where do you get your status codes?

thanks

Old 05-11-2005, 12:46 PM
DaveTinNY
6th Gear
nightbirdflyin, I was pleasantly surprised this morning; when I called ASK MINI with my production number, the automated voice told me I was, "in the Paint Shop with a scheduled completion date of May 13th, 2005."

I didn't think the automated system would be detailed like that; I figured it would just say "In production with a scheduled completion date of May 13..."

When is your completion date?

Old 05-12-2005, 03:50 AM
terrryo
1st Gear
Hello all, New mini is being broken in, ie varying speeds, using all the gears, having a blast and smiling a lot. Think the break-in rules saved me a ticket last night, was cruising on rt. 51 near rostraver going 53 in 50mph zone, a pokie was doing his radar thing. Yes Graham all is well. Hey Dave rememeber what the lion said when he bit of the monkeys tail "It won't be long now". If it's any consolation, minis tracking is always behind, so your car may be further along.

Old 05-12-2005, 05:45 AM
DaveTinNY
6th Gear
Thanks Terry, I'll keep that in mind. I hope you're right!

Dave