1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Micia il Miniac

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 05:46 AM
MINIMicia
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Micia il Miniac

Hello, all! Bella Micia (or Micia il Miniac while in motion) is finally here! My incredible MA, Lee Carter @ Momentum in Houston, called me Monday morning to say she had arrived! With some fancy juggling, I was able to switch a few meetings around and travel the short distance to see how she fared the journey from Oxford. She still had her travel gear on, but even through the plastic, protective covering, I could tell she was special. Okay, we all think that about our vehicles and, of course, we are all correct!

She is getting the full spa treatment today; bubble bath, window tint, and alarm install. I am so greatful for everyone's help in making the last two months fly by and for sharing their thoughts and experiences about choosing, ordering, and motoring a MINI Cooper. You have no idea what it meant to share in your joy and excitement; finally, I can have first-hand knowledge of what it means to drive a MINI! I took some photos, but they didn't do her justice; although, it could have been user error. Point and shoot is fine for fire arms, but my digital photography skills could use some work.

I scouted out some locations and will take some photos the first chance I have... Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with me.

Old 05-10-2005, 07:32 AM
Kellzir
4th Gear
Congrats! Taking a quick start to modding your MINI huh? Be careful of the mod bug.

Old 05-10-2005, 10:51 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on your new motoring machine!!!

Donna
02' CR/W MCS (gone to MINI heaven - burned up)
05' Cool Blue MCSC "Ariel"
05' HB/W MCS delivery on Thursday - Yippee!!

Old 05-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Absorbine_Sr
3rd Gear
And just when you thought the wait is over, now you get to wait for the break-in period to be done.

Just kidding. I think we have to take these things in slow stages or the ecstasy would kill us!

Congrats on what sounds like an awesome MCSC!!

A_Sr.

Old 05-11-2005, 05:42 AM
MINIMicia
1st Gear
Break-in Period

Originally Posted by Absorbine_Sr
And just when you thought the wait is over, now you get to wait for the break-in period to be done.

Just kidding. I think we have to take these things in slow stages or the ecstasy would kill us!

Congrats on what sounds like an awesome MCSC!!

A_Sr.
Thanks, A_Sr. I, for one, can't wait for the break-in period! Everyone at work already knows that I will be experiencing a mysterious illness tomorrow (on the first full day with Micia). Call me goofy, but I have already plotted a course that will allow me to spend the break-in period en route to, well, no real destination. Isn't that wonderful? I think it is the first time I have plotted a destination to no where in particular, which is somewhere between here and there. I can't wait to fluctuate my speed and RPMs; although, it will be hard to keep her under 4000 RPMs, but I will persevere! ... since that is what is best for Micia (and me, in the long run).

Dang, this day is dragging on interminably. I had more patience waiting for Santa Claus!

Old 05-11-2005, 05:52 AM
MINIMicia
1st Gear
Delivery of Thursday? Yahoo!!!!

Originally Posted by Donna/Mike
Congrats on your new motoring machine!!!

Donna
02' CR/W MCS (gone to MINI heaven - burned up)
05' Cool Blue MCSC "Ariel"
05' HB/W MCS delivery on Thursday - Yippee!!

Donna: That is so awesome! Is this Mike's pride and joy? I can't wait to see pictures of Ariel and your new baby together at last! Have y'all named "it" yet? Isn't that funny... I don't know why that is one of the first questions that I ask, but the name seems so important! Micia was named before I even went on a test drive... Mostly in memory of my kitty, Bello Micio... But it also seemed to fit the personality of the car. Until I took one for a spin, I was ready to sign the papers on a 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon; his name would have been Waldo.

I definitely do not regret my decision! Again, congrats on your new MCS!

Old 05-11-2005, 01:00 PM
DaveTinNY
6th Gear
Kristin, congrats! I'm selling my beloved '02 Jeep Wrangler Sport with 78,000 fun/commuting miles... SO much fun in the summer and can go anywhere in the snow. The offroading was fun too.

Gas prices have killed us all so I decided to go with economy rather than fun. LITTLE did I know what a MINI Cooper was all about... When I saw 30 - 32 mpg in Consumer Reports I figured, why not? I'll give it a try... Within 15 minutes of the test drive I had placed my order. I am dreaming of this car while I wait. She's in the paint shop as I type. :-)

MCSm HB/B w/ black bonnet stripes (couldn't resist)
sunroof
Premium
Sport (LSD / DSC)
17" S Lites (all season)
rear fog
H/K 8 spkr sys (I call it the "Hunter Killer" sound system, it ROCKS!)
Xenons (for those incessant deer)
body color interior/chrome lined instruments
big speedo in the middle (classic look)
Full toggle bank

Dave in NY

Old 05-13-2005, 09:19 AM
MINIMicia
1st Gear
Dreams come true...

Originally Posted by DaveTinNY
Kristin, congrats! I'm selling my beloved '02 Jeep Wrangler Sport with 78,000 fun/commuting miles... SO much fun in the summer and can go anywhere in the snow. The offroading was fun too.

Gas prices have killed us all so I decided to go with economy rather than fun. LITTLE did I know what a MINI Cooper was all about... When I saw 30 - 32 mpg in Consumer Reports I figured, why not? I'll give it a try... Within 15 minutes of the test drive I had placed my order. I am dreaming of this car while I wait. She's in the paint shop as I type. :-)

MCSm HB/B w/ black bonnet stripes (couldn't resist)
sunroof
Premium
Sport (LSD / DSC)
17" S Lites (all season)
rear fog
H/K 8 spkr sys (I call it the "Hunter Killer" sound system, it ROCKS!)
Xenons (for those incessant deer)
body color interior/chrome lined instruments
big speedo in the middle (classic look)
Full toggle bank

Dave in NY
Dave: Congrats on the MINI! Great choices! I love the H/K! It was definitely worth the money and the extra two weeks it added to delivery; the sound is amazing! I took my favorite CD with me when I picked up Micia! Linkin Park never sounded so good! I am actually having fun driving the speed limit and breaking in the engine! Crazy, I know! Between the sheer joy of just driving my MINI and the pleasure I get from listening to great music, the most mundane of errands has become a blast! I hope the days pass by quickly for you, but I think you will find you made the right choice… Smart move on the full toggle bank… Hey, a word of advice. If you end up getting your windows tinted, don’t forget that you will need to wait 3 days to put the windows/top down. It never occurred to me… At least it has that delicious sunroof feature; way too fun!