1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

August delivery for my '05 MCS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 08:34 PM
jggonzalez
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
August delivery for my '05 MCS!!!

I just placed an order today for a Mini Cooper S in Hyper Blue/White. I live near Austin, but went to Mini Center in San Antonio since they were the closest. If anyone goes there, ask for either Susie Clarke or Faron Smith. I talked to both and they were great!

I originally wanted a base Cooper because it felt better when I drove a Cooper and a Cooper S in back-to-back test drives. At that time, the Cooper felt great, but the S felt a little sluggish at low speed and the seemed to come on in a rush. Today I drove two '05 models and it was a different story. The Cooper felt excellent, as I expected, but the MCS was incredible! This time the car acted fine at low speeds and I cruised both on the freeway and through residential areas without feeling like the engine was bogging down. As a result, I shifted my decision to the Cooper S. Hopefully mine will arrive in August.

Regards,

Joe Gonzalez

P.S. - the only other options I got were the security system and the Xenon headlamps. I went with the stock v-spoke rims and non-runflat tires.

Old 05-11-2005, 09:02 PM
05MCSa
3rd Gear
August; that seems pretty far away. Did you have the order process delayed for an August delivery?

Old 05-12-2005, 01:43 PM
jggonzalez
3rd Gear
They didn't mention any delays. I assumed the long wait was due to backlogs. How long did you wait?

On another note, anyone besided me think these rims are awesome? I can only find them in England, so shipping will be pretty expensive. I figure around $2,000 for the rims with shipping.

Attached Thumbnails August delivery for my '05 MCS!!!-daremotorsporthypersilver.jpg  
Old 05-12-2005, 01:47 PM
05MCSa
3rd Gear
I ordered March 26th, the car was completed April 29th, I'll be getting it within the next week or so...

Old 05-12-2005, 08:09 PM
GBMiniGirl
Coordinator :: Houston MINI Motoring Society
August doesn't sound right. It's only 6 wks in Houston.

Old 05-12-2005, 08:12 PM
IrishCooper
5th Gear
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
i bet you will get it way before Aug. My dad ordered his car this weekend and they told him around end of June early July. Even my car which i will be ordering at the end of this month. And they told me it would be end of July maybe beginning of Aug. Also are you getting a 05 or 06? I have to get my order in ASAP cause i want Electric Blue and it is going away for 2006 so i have make sure it gets built before they teardown and retool for the new 2006 options (ie new colors, etc.) I am told that i need to get the order in by the end of the month to make sure i can get EB cause they usually end the model year run around end of June early July and retool in July to be ready for Aug. production of 06's.

Old 05-27-2005, 10:35 PM
jggonzalez
3rd Gear
Change in plans..

Well, disaster struck, but I recovered. The bank told me that my loan was approved and everything was fine before I placed my order. They even started the paperwork. Yesterday they called and said that the laws of Texas prohibited them from loaning me as much as they promised based on the amount of home equity left based on the appraised value, so they said that instead of a $25K loan they would only loan me $11K. That means no MCS. Luckily I found a regular auto loan that will let me get a Mini Cooper. I called my MA at Mini Center (Susie, she's a real angel for putting up with me) and she was able to change my order to a hyper-blue Mini Cooper. I admit I'd prefer an MCS, but I drove an MC yesterday and I really liked it. I guess I'll just have to learn how to use the engine more effectively. She also told me that my MCS was looking like it would arrive in July, but changing the order pushed the delivery back out to August because they were out of their allotment of Mini Coopers until then. I'm just glad they let me change the order. My wife said I could upgrade to an MCS in a few years after she goes back to work, but I'm thinking that if I really like my Mini, I'll just stick with it. The MC I drove was a blast to drive, even if it didn't have the raw horsepower of the MCS.

Old 05-27-2005, 10:57 PM
Dr Evil
2nd Gear
Hi Joe,

I was just up there today test driving an MCS. Alex, my sales guy told me August also if we ordered one within the next few days.

Will

Old 05-28-2005, 06:08 AM
Wraith1416
4th Gear
if your still interested in those wheels, i found these for quite a bit cheaper over on wheelmax.com, http://www.wheelmax.com/wheelcolors....04&color=Black

Old 05-28-2005, 08:59 AM
jggonzalez
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Wraith1416
if your still interested in those wheels, i found these for quite a bit cheaper over on wheelmax.com, http://www.wheelmax.com/wheelcolors....04&color=Black
Thanks, but now that I'm going with the cooper I've got to watch out for weight. I've decided to stick with the stock 15" holeys for a while, then switch to 16" AK Monza's when they are back in stock. They only weigh 14.5 lbs, which is a 2.5 lbs. increase over stock. I think that if I had gotten the MCS, I would have been really tempted to save the 2 grand for the Dare X90's.

Hope all of you have a nice Memorial Day weekend. I've found this forum to be a really great place and I really enjoy posting here. Thanks everyone!

Old 05-28-2005, 12:21 PM
eechan
2nd Gear
congrats!

August does seem a little long. I took the plunge yesterday also and was told that I should expect it mid-July.

Old 05-28-2005, 11:19 PM
Johnny L
4th Gear
Hey, jg. Sorry to hear that you couldn't get the loan you wanted. However, the Cooper is a really fun car. I drove both; if I lived an a "flat" place, I'd be pretty happy with the base Coop. It's just as fun in the turns as the MCS, especially if you get the 15" wheels (nothing turns quicker!). Also, the suspesion is very forgiving. You're going to love it. BTW, won't you get the Cooper a little quicker anyway?

Old 05-28-2005, 11:24 PM
minimonkey
4th Gear
Congratulations! The MCS is an awsome car. The level of excitment during the whole process is wonderful. Then the day you that call... oh yeah - good times ahead! Enjoy!

Old 05-28-2005, 11:56 PM
earthtoandy
3rd Gear
i am about to order in amonth and the wait here (phoenix) is 5-7 months. Luckily it gives me some saving time or else i would go out of state