1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Addiction!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 08:14 PM
Elmann
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Addiction!

My first experience with the Mini Cooper was as an employee of a Hobby Shop. A manufacturer of Radio Control models made a 1/10th scale version of the car. I quickly fell in love with the unique look and scale drivability of the model. Soon after I found myself seeking out models and die cast versions of the machine to quench my desire. This little car had captured my imagination but I realized that I was far too tall and large to fit into the original. When I heard that BMW had resurrected the MINI I became hopeful that someday our paths would cross again. I live very close to a MINI dealer and drove by the lot often in my daily travels. Each time I passed the Dealership I could imagine that somehow I would stop and sit in a new MINI to see if I could fit. Finally I convinced myself that I should at least try the little car on for size and put to rest my questions. From the moment I sat in the MINI and moved the seat up a few notches my thoughts turned to ways of turning my obsession into a reality. I first drove the CVT with the paddle shift option. During the initial test drive I couldn't stop smiling as I put the little beast through its paces. I WAS SOLD!! I spent the next 2 weeks building MINIs online. I had at least 10 cars in the works and my obsession was growing stronger. I placed the order and paid my earnest money to reserve my production slot. I was so happy to know I had just started on the road to pure motoring happiness. My final decision was to decide on a stick or automatic. I took my beloved wife to the dealership to make sure that she could drive a stick shift and quickly found that soon I may be in for a battle for the MINI's services. This is a battle I Will win.

Hyper Blue, White top and stripes, 6 speed and limited slip, Chrome outside and sport and convenience packages plus more.

This is my first post in this forum and I am asking for any help to calm my nerves for the 2 month wait I must endure before the delivery of my MINI!

I didn't realize how fun these machines are to drive. The MINI driving experience is what all other cars strive to achieve.

Add another MINI devote to the fray!!

Old 05-17-2005, 08:19 PM
minimonkey
4th Gear
Congratulations... and wlecome! We've all been there... experinced what you've discribed. Thanks for the memories... and many more new ones to come!

Old 05-17-2005, 08:24 PM
ThomB
5th Gear
Welcome to the fold. I just got my MCC last Monday and will turn 1000 miles tomorrow. I keep telling myself get the break-in done quickly...

I'm almost opposite... I really never paid much attention to the little suckers (and Classic Mini is only 8 miles away from me). I went to the Cleveland auto show and had 4 cars as possible new cars with the mini #4 and only because I was able to sit in one and it felt larger than I thought. Test drove a Scion Tc (fiancée' hated it) then took her on a chance to see the Mini. That day we placed our order. It's been driving bliss since then (not really, the wait KILLED ME).

On a side note, I've got a few 1/20 scale Mini Cooper RC cars that are also a blast to run around the house.. Unfortunately, I can't find a blue one..

Old 05-17-2005, 08:37 PM
YYC
4th Gear
The next two months will be tough!!

I spend a lot of time staying fit (weights, running, etc) and my 6 week wait (my MCS was already built when I put a deposit on it) was brutal (couldn't concentrate, couldn't sleep, no energy for running, etc). All I thought about was MINIs!!

Yes, you too will suffer from MINI anxiety syndrome:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=42710

But enjoy!!!