1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 05:10 PM
MR_MINI
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello

Just wanted to introduce myself. Some of you in private messages have helped me out already with your answers and what not. Very helpful community.

I just bought a 05 MCS Dark Silver/Panther. It will become my second project car since my M3 CONV. is a lot more expensive to modify, I thought I would do something less expensive in mods with this one. Although the TWINCHARGER is not far away now that I read about it. I like the concept and the R&D that has been put behind it. I am waiting for my springs(Eibach) - still debating on coilovers later on. I picked out the REV 7 wheels because this is suppose to be my daily driver and no need to spend $3K on a set of wheels and tires for the VOLKS GT-7.

The HK stinks as it does in my M3. Well to be honest it worse than my M3. At least the BASS isn't so horrible in the M. Harmon Kardon needs to go back to the drawing board with this one. The Mark Levinson system in my LX470 is what a system should sound like for a premium system.

Anywho - just rambling. I am going to place an order for the Alta rear control arms as well as the CAI. I heard they are the best one?

Aero sides and painted plastic trim will be next. I don't like the contrast and the cleanup on the plastic bits

I have a picture to upload. Hope it takes.

Once again hello and I look foward to this forum.

Attached Thumbnails Hello-mini1.jpg  
Old 05-21-2005, 06:50 PM
Kellzir
4th Gear
Hey! Welcome to NAM. The MINI looks good. Can't wait to see the finished project. Does anyone ever finish fixing up/changing their MINIs?

Old 05-21-2005, 06:51 PM
AC_MINI
5th Gear
Nice MCS Mr_MINI and I love you user name.....Very cool

Old 05-21-2005, 08:05 PM
Wraith1416
4th Gear
welcome aboard MR_MINI! your gonna love your alta CAI, however, i'm not sure if it's usable in a twin charge kit. so you might want to check on that. those wheels are hot tho, enjoy the new ride

Old 05-22-2005, 06:01 AM
MR_MINI
1st Gear
Thanks everyone.

Yeah - I don't think any mods ever get finished. I have had several wheels on my M3 thinking each time it will be the last. I am back to stock until my new set comes in. Over-Modifiers-Anonymous or something .

I will show the progress as soon as I get the mods in. I know the TWNCHARGER will delete my Alta CAI but for now I think it will be a good start. One thing I wish I did get with the MCS is the Differential - but got PM's from several people that if I wasn't in for the 1/4 mile runs its not a large negative on my side. I am looking for 30mph and over gains from the roll. The car is not a drag car.

Thanks once again for the greetings and compliments.

MR_MINI.

Nice name AC_MINI - to be honest I was suprised to see the name available.

Old 05-22-2005, 03:11 PM
DAVE!
3rd Gear
Welcome to NAM...nice looking MCS you've got there...

Old 05-22-2005, 03:27 PM
Elkerster
2nd Gear
Welcome to the family!

Liz