1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

greetings

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 08:55 AM
Central Coast Coopers
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
greetings

Im in southern california and as soon as i unload some old detroit iron im gonna order a new MCS. only 2 things are troubling me at thiws point-which dealer and sunroof. ive done some searchs and it appears southbay and ong beach are msrp sellers at this point so if my local (bob smith) dealer isnt willing, that will answer that. the sunroof in my current driver has been opened maybe 6 times and the posts ive read concerning the heat and rattle issues as well as the noise at freeway speeds make me hesitant about it. is the freeway speed noise that loud? its not a deal breaker for me-i can afford the extra $ for it but if im unhappy with it after paying for it it will grind on me. thanks for this great forum-ive learned a lot in preparation for my next big thing!!

Old 05-29-2005, 03:18 PM
Uncle_John
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stage1scott
. . . if im unhappy with it after paying for it it will grind on me. thanks for this great forum-ive learned a lot in preparation for my next big thing!!
Go drive one with the sunroof, you will be able to tell pretty quickly if it's for you . . . I love mine. It's BIG and with the windows down, it's close to a convertible feeling. I've had two MCS's with premium packs, an early 02 and the 04 that I own now. Neither sliding roof had any leak, squeek or rattle. I don't use it much on freeways, but around town on surface streets, it's great.

Old 05-29-2005, 04:03 PM
YYC
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always have my sunroof open around town (when the weather is good :smile, but on the highway I close it....WAY TOO LOUD at highway speeds!! But, that aside, I love the sunroof - big open feel with lots of great light inside the car!