1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roof Graphic??

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 06:44 PM
Minutia
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roof Graphic??

Minutia is in country and waiting on a ride to the dealer. Yeah! . JB/W and white wheels. Considering having the dealer install the checker roof graphic. Any comments on the installation process and durability of the graphics?

Old 05-31-2005, 07:49 PM
chrisneal
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Minutia, welcome! I don't have a roof graphic, so I can't help you other than to suggest that you post your question in the interior/exterior mods forum; you might get a better response there. Loads of people here have all kinds of roof graphics from different sources, and can advise you on having the dealer do it vs. going aftermarket.

I do think the checker looks great with a black/white car.

Old 05-31-2005, 07:53 PM
not-so-rednwhitecooper
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the factory roof decals look hokey, better off geting a ncie one that covers the WHOLE roof rather than all of it but a 2 inch gap the whole way around the decal.

st georges cross all the way!!!!!

Old 05-31-2005, 08:03 PM
Uncle_John
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Minutia
Minutia is in country and waiting on a ride to the dealer. Yeah! . JB/W and white wheels. Considering having the dealer install the checker roof graphic. Any comments on the installation process and durability of the graphics?
You might want to talk to Ed at Cooper Flags. They did a solid blue roof and matching stripes for my PW/PW about a year and a half ago. the install was perfect and the Scotch brand material has held up VERY well.

Just my $0.02 . . .

Old 05-31-2005, 08:06 PM
Minutia
2nd Gear
I will post in exterior mods as suggested. Thanks

Old 05-31-2005, 08:18 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If the dealer installed roof graphic isn't exactly what you want, why not just get your MINI and look at it a bit. A checkered roof (and mirror caps??) would look awesome...and very cheeky. On the other hand, a white roof appears more classic and understated. Study it a bit...if you're going aftermarket then the options for graphic design are wide open. You can do it all at once if you're absolutely sure...but there's nothing wrong w/ taking an evolutionary approach either.

I think some owners in their enthusiasm tend to go nuts (it's "the fever," you see ) w/ mods of every sort and size immediately. I personally recommend processing the car for a bit before going crazy.......UNLESS you begin the whole MINI design process with a very specific vision in mind. Then....GO FOR IT!!!

Biggest factor would probably be availability of a really good installer for aftermarket items if you're not up to doing it yourself. Experience/practice is helpful. Good luck!!!

Old 06-02-2005, 04:41 AM
C4
Banned
Get the roof graphic! Not many MINIs have them, so this adds an element of "Uniqueness" to the car.

I have the MINI OEM Union Jack roof flag sticker and haven't had any problems with it. The UJ sticker is one of the most difficult to install, because it comes in several separate pieces that need to be perfectly aligned. Not recommended for unexperienced installers. The Vinyl material is of very high quality and you can wax right over it. My car lives under the scorching Florida sun and no problems.

Typically right after installation, the car needs to be left standing under cover for at least 24 hours to prevent "shifting" of the decal and to allow it to dry properly.

I did consider aftermarket roof graphic options, but to me most were very expensive. Besides my dealer threw in the UJ roof flag when I ordered my '05 MCS (I also had the decal in my '04 MCS) for free!

A few owners have gone a different route and have actually gotten their graphics professionally painted onthe roof (GBMINI - Ian comes to mind) for the ultimate custom look. Perhaps a more pricey approach as well in comparison to vinyl decals.

Old 06-02-2005, 06:40 AM
RenaultF1
4th Gear
Originally Posted by C4
Get the roof graphic! Not many MINIs have them, so this adds an element of "Uniqueness" to the car.
I second that.

I have the OEM chequered roof graphic (on a LY/W MCS) and love it. As C4 said, there are many options out there if the OEM doesn't do the trick for you.

Do it, do it...I highly recommend it.

Old 06-02-2005, 06:59 PM
Minutia
2nd Gear
It's Here!!

Picking up Minutia Saturday! Yeah! Tinting the windows for now. Very likely will do the checker roof later. Taking it easy going from mild to wild. Thanks for the input. This is going to be fun!

Old 06-09-2005, 06:54 PM
Ebvette
Neutral
Love our checker roof...here is a look and see...

We choose the chrome mirror covers, instead of the checker board...GET IT YOU WILL LIKE IT...

Old 06-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Redbird73
Coordinator :: St. Louis MINI Club
See my post here about my OEM Checkerboard graphic...I love it!!!

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...highlight=roof

Aaron

Old 06-12-2005, 09:55 AM
morris mini k
1st Gear
Union Jack certainly has the classic look