1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's Soooo Close, time to say hello.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Rhawk
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's Soooo Close, time to say hello.

Hello All:

I have an 05 MCS, Hyper Blue/Black roof and stripes, premium, sport (with webspokes ), LSD and HK that is scheduled to go through the VDC tomorrow (10th) so I think it should be available for pickup this coming Monday or Tuesday. To say that I am getting antsy is an understatement. Did I mention it sat on the dock for 7 days waiting for a ship! Then it rode over on the Andes Highway. Which I believe is the only vessel on the ocean that you cannot track. Now it's been sitting at port since the 6th!!!! Sorry for the vent. I think it was easier waiting for Christmas when I was littler than it is waiting for my Mini.

I've been lurking even before I ordered my Mini and I have to say that there seem to be a lot of great people and tons of information on this site. I do get a little worried when I see the various problems that people are having. Not to mention my dealer "Mini of Nashville" is two hours away. BUT, I traded in my 2003 Avalanche (which I loved) for the Mini. If you think Mini's have issues with things going wrong, you need to drive a Chevy for awhile. Like I said, I loved the Avalanche, I just lost confidence in GM. Not to mention that gas seemed to be going up exponentially.

I really am looking forward to my Mini. Out of everyone that I have told, only one person has said they did not like them. His sister has one and he is tall and was uncomfortable in it. No problem, each to his own. Even all of my buddies on the AV website were really cool about it. I had a lot of fun modifying my Avalanche and believe that the Mini should be no different. I'll give it a little time and then will start making some changes . I took most of the mods off of my AV and sold them so I have a decent bankroll for some goodies.

Look forward to a nice long relationship with my Mini and all of the members of NAM.

Sorry for the long winded post.

Later,
Ray

Old 06-09-2005, 09:41 PM
YYC
4th Gear

versus...

Good choice!! Look at the size of that MINI!!

Old 06-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Johnny L
4th Gear
Welcome aboard!

Old 06-10-2005, 04:57 AM
mdsbrain
OVERDRIVE
Welcome to NAM and congratulations on the new arrival

Old 06-10-2005, 06:32 AM
Dinger28
2nd Gear
Congrats on the new ride. Mine came over on the Andes Highway as well and hopefully I will get a call from my MA soon. I live in Charlotte, NC (not far from the VDC) hopefully I will be driving it soon.

Old 06-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome my friend!! Glad you finally decided to pop in here. Stick around - lots of great info. which you've already found and a great support structure...the people... Congrats on your upcoming permanent smile.:smile:

Donna
02' CR/W MCS (gone to MINI heaven - burned up)
05' Cool Blue MCSC "Ariel"
05' HB/W MCS

Old 06-10-2005, 11:58 AM
KennyMooper
5th Gear
Hey Ray! I've only heard one person say they didn't like them...everybody else seems just as excited as I am. I also got rid of a Chevy truck with a lot of extras I had put on, but I don't regret it at all. I'm also a Mini of Nashville buyer...maybe I'll see you in the service dept. sometime.

Old 06-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Kellzir
4th Gear
Hey Ray, welcome to the forum and congrats on the MINI!

Old 06-10-2005, 04:25 PM
Rhawk
1st Gear
Thanks for the replies

Hey All:

Thanks for the many replies and thumbs up.

YYC, I think the color choice is awesome too. BTW, my AV was an Arrival Blue, which is so close to Hyper Blue that you would think they are the same.

Dinger28, I'll let you know when mine is here. You keep me informed of yours.

Adamini, I'm sure you mean when we get our oil serviced.

Everyone else, Thanks again.

Later,
Ray

Old 06-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Battle Cattle
6th Gear
I am just as nervious as you! my Mini is suppose to be at Mini of Nashville the 13th! WOOHOO!!!!!!! and then I can pick her up on the 18th... I HOPE!!!!! Might see you there! Just 1 quick question who was your wonderful MA? I can't wait to HUG my MA!

-Josh

Old 06-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Rhawk
1st Gear
Got It!!!!

Hello again,

Sorry about being a couple of days late. I picked up "Spike" on Tuesday afternoon. I was really calm until we got around 2 blocks from the dealer and then my BP and pulse went up. As we were coming in I didn't see it in the back, we pulled to the front and I still didn't see it , OK, I know it's inside. Walked in and NO it still wasn't there. Looked around the corner and there it was hiding in the other section of the showroom. Yeah .

Anyways my MA Jeremy Furlong went over everything, we took care of the finances and off me and my daughter went. The wife was forced to drive home in her car. Don't feel to bad for her, she has a G35 6spd..

On a sad note, the Mini killed several BILLION BUGS on the way home. It was nasty, I washed it the next day after work.

Short review of the 2hr. drive home. AWESOME, what a great car, everything is true. Pretty quick up to speed, very stable at speed, handles awesome and the ride is stiff yet very acceptable (I didn't want a Caddy). My daughter commented on how roomy the interior is, you really don't feel confined at all. BTW, the HK is excellent.

The next day my wife had placed a "IT's a Boy" sign in the yard with Name - Spike, weight 1215KG and length 3655mm. You got to give her credit, it was a little cheesy, but God I love her.

Why name the car Spike? I named it Spike in memory of my Bull Terrier that was killed a few years back. He exemplified the many qualities of a Mini, so I figured it was only fitting.

Later,
Ray