1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!st Time

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Mindy
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
!st Time

OK Here goes!!! I am an owner of a 05 HO/MCC ( Hope thats right)I want to thank you for the Cheat Sheet. I have been too intimidated to log on because I don't know half of what everybody is saying but I guess if I don't try I'll never learn . I have had my Mini since December and I am having a great time . I was hoping for a road rally though. I missed out on the Spring Trip.I just became a member,haven't even gotten my T shirt yet. Are there any other trips coming up soon? I live in a small rural area so there are not many Minis out here for mine to play with...Well
Hope I get the hang of the lingo soon.Please bear with me until then
Mindy

Old 06-10-2005, 08:03 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Mindy...thanks for joining the party. Good job on identifying your MINI perfectly!! NAM is a delightfully eclectic community. Lots of folks can get to awesome event..........lots (like me) can't. Many mod like fiends.......many don't. It's all good. In the end, if you basically love motorin' in a MINI, NAM is a super place to hang. If you love motorin' in a MINI and are slightly dysfunctional ...it's even better!!!!!

I think because many of us really don't know each other personally and the site in national in scope, more explanation tends to take place within discussions as opposed to some of the local club boards where there's more ribbing, inside jokes, and wild swings off-topic. Those threads can be REALLY hard to follow.

Oh and if you don't get the lingo....ask or pm somebody. It happens all the time.

Old 06-10-2005, 08:13 PM
not-so-rednwhitecooper
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
where are you located mindy?

i'm in a rural area too, cept all the people that drive minis just drive them like they are just cars!!

Old 06-10-2005, 08:20 PM
mielnicki
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mindy
OK Here goes!!! I am an owner of a 05 HO/MCC.... I missed out on the Spring Trip....... Are there any other trips coming up soon? I live in a small rural area so there are not many Minis out here for mine to play with.
Mindy
Mindy,

Welcome to NAM, Hot car, what color is the top? If you are talking about the Dragon, don't worry it will happen again next year. There's a Fall trip to the Dragon planned also, end of October.

Small, Rural, Where?

Steve

Old 06-10-2005, 08:51 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome to NAM, Mindy! Where are you located? There are lots of clubs all over North America and plenty of fun meets and rallies. You'll get to one of the fun events, sooner or later!

Psssst! Go check out Off Topic, where we joke, tease, and share silly stuff!

Clover

Old 06-12-2005, 02:05 PM
Mindy
Neutral
Mindy

Originally Posted by rednwhitecooper
where are you located mindy?

i'm in a rural area too, cept all the people that drive minis just drive them like they are just cars!!
I am located in Washington Mo. There are a few Minis here but I don't see them very often Where do you live??? I like to take my mini to the Augusta area It's a great drive.

Old 06-12-2005, 02:12 PM
Mindy
Neutral
Originally Posted by mielnicki
Mindy,

Welcome to NAM, Hot car, what color is the top? If you are talking about the Dragon, don't worry it will happen again next year. There's a Fall trip to the Dragon planned also, end of October.

Small, Rural, Where?

Steve
My top is black.I am looking forward to meeting all of you. I will be sure to make it to the Fall trip.Maybe then I will meet more of you. Thanks for replying

Old 06-12-2005, 02:17 PM
Mindy
Neutral
Originally Posted by MINIclo
Welcome to NAM, Mindy! Where are you located? There are lots of clubs all over North America and plenty of fun meets and rallies. You'll get to one of the fun events, sooner or later!

Psssst! Go check out Off Topic, where we joke, tease, and share silly stuff!

Clover
Thanks for the tip I will check that out. I live in Washington MO Not too far from St. Louis but it is a little tough to make it to the Happy Hour get togethers and other stuff but you're right I will make it sooner or later. Thanks Mindy