1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heavily modded Audi A4 to MCS...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 12:36 PM
markbradford
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heavily modded Audi A4 to MCS...

Hello -

I currently own an APR Stage 3 Audi A4 (Garrett GT28R turbo, H&R coilovers, Stoptech big brakes, etc, etc, etc. ET12.8@ 105) and I am thinking about ordering a new MCS this summer. Though I'd like to mod the MCS I really want to maintain as much warranty as possible this time. I have a ton of questions, but I'll try to stick to one topic for this post: SUSPENSION.

The JCW spring and shock kit: I noticed this kit resides in the "accessory" section of the Mini website. Does that mean it will not arrive from the factory with the kit? Does this mean dealer install is *not* included? If I install it myself will the vehicle's suspension warranty be void? How is the performance of this setup compared to the aftermarket options? Does it dial out the understeer? A JCW setup and some aftermarket ARBs sound like a good way to vastly improve the handling of the car without adversely affecting the warranty.

Old 06-12-2005, 08:41 PM
Dr Evil
2nd Gear
Hey Mark,

I had an APR stage 3 S4, 12.0 @118, so I know what it means to void your warranty with aftermaket parts

From everything I have read so far the voiding your warranty issue on the mini is pretty much like that on the Audi. If you mod the supercharger and the engine blows then you pretty much can count on it not being replaced under warranty. Much like if you had blown the motor with the APR kit on.

All the JCW components do not come installed from the factory and are installed at the dealer. SO when you see the price on the site, it doesnt include installation. Hope this helps

Old 06-12-2005, 08:44 PM
kaelaria
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And yes, it all must be dealer installed (at high dealer rates of course) for the warranty. Most people go outside JCW for most of their mods and have very very few problems.

Old 06-12-2005, 09:26 PM
markbradford
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kaelaria
And yes, it all must be dealer installed (at high dealer rates of course) for the warranty. Most people go outside JCW for most of their mods and have very very few problems.
I've had great luck with aftermarket mods too. It's when a related part goes bad that I don't want to get screwed. IE - I put in coilovers and then a control arm bushing or wheel bearing wears out, and the dealer blames the coilovers.