1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Got My MINI Order Confirmation

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 09:21 PM
rollermonkey
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Got My MINI Order Confirmation

After being on a waiting list for a few months, I've finally been given a production number from MINI. My MCS is oficcially ON ORDER. :smile: So.. I'm wondering, what is the typical timeline from here out? How long before I see my MINI is in porduction and so forth? My lack of patience is SOOO close to pushing me over the edge! Thanks!

Old 06-13-2005, 04:29 AM
Battle Cattle
6th Gear
Congrats on ordering a mini! stay tuned as this site will fuel your new mini lifestyle

6weeks for me but... from what I hear on this site 6 weeks to 8 weeks is kinda quick but most are ready in 2 months maybe 3....

-Josh

Old 06-13-2005, 08:56 AM
rollermonkey
2nd Gear
Thanks Josh! I have to admit, its already become a sickness, I get a sickly feeling if I dont check the site at least once a day. Of course it hasn't changed in the week and a half I've been looking... I am a sad, sad man.

Old 06-17-2005, 08:05 PM
dabreaker52
Neutral
Originally Posted by rollermonkey
After being on a waiting list for a few months, I've finally been given a production number from MINI. My MCS is oficcially ON ORDER. :smile: So.. I'm wondering, what is the typical timeline from here out? How long before I see my MINI is in porduction and so forth? My lack of patience is SOOO close to pushing me over the edge! Thanks!
on avg. 6-8 wks.

Old 06-17-2005, 09:39 PM
rollermonkey
2nd Gear
Thanks Breaker! I appreciate it!

Old 06-18-2005, 12:51 PM
Flyin'Grape
2nd Gear
Rollermonkey,

I'm sick too! I have the "track my mini" audio clip stuck in my head. If I don't hear it once a day or so I go stir crazy.
I guess we're in this together!
Jules

Old 06-18-2005, 09:37 PM
rollermonkey
2nd Gear
No kidding Jules!!! :smile: I hope your order is progressing well... when do you expect yours?

Old 06-18-2005, 10:16 PM
eechan
2nd Gear
I'm just a few weeks ahead of you. Ordered on 6/1. Saw the status in the owners lounge change 3 days later to Scheduled For Production. Next time I checked after that about a week and a half later I see the status is changed to Awaiting Transport.

One of the other threads here gave me enough info to track it on the ship that is taking it to the States. My MINI is scheduled to arrive in Charleston, SC on 7/1

take a look at this thread to find your MINI when it's shipping from the plant https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...highlight=boat

Old 06-18-2005, 10:26 PM
Dr Evil
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by eechan
I'm just a few weeks ahead of you. Ordered on 6/1. Saw the status in the owners lounge change 3 days later to Scheduled For Production. Next time I checked after that about a week and a half later I see the status is changed to Awaiting Transport.

One of the other threads here gave me enough info to track it on the ship that is taking it to the States. My MINI is scheduled to arrive in Charleston, SC on 7/1

take a look at this thread to find your MINI when it's shipping from the plant https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...highlight=boat
The options also seems to determine the wait.

I ordered mine on June 6, called my SA he said I'm scheduled for production on July 27, my delivery date is in August

Old 06-19-2005, 08:21 AM
rollermonkey
2nd Gear
Wow.. I'm really jealous! Already awaiting transport?! Congrats! I can't wait.. My order got sent June 2 and I'm still 'On Order'... ah well... Wanting is better than having?? Also my options are fairly intense, Getting it pretty much loaded, all the packages plus the LSD, and a few others...

If its true that this sometimes pushes production back, that would certainly explain it!

Old 06-19-2005, 11:09 AM
Flyin'Grape
2nd Gear
Rollermonkey,

My dock arrival date is June 28th and I am told I'll be in the car July 14-20th. They have to truck it up from California. We can keep each other company.

My latest distraction: laptop going belly up, clothes dryer died! I'm reeling and praying I can recover the laptop. Don't want that expense right before the mini comes.

Have fun and keep us posted!

Jules

Old 06-19-2005, 11:42 AM
OKMini
4th Gear
I ordered my vehicle third week of May and it was built in the second week of June. It was delivered to the dock on June 17th and left Southampton on June 18th on the Mignon. It is due in Charleston, SC on July 1st. My MA says 7-10 days after that it shoud be at the dealer.

The website (Owners Lounge) is slow to update, however using Vehicle Production Status on 1-866-ask-mini was more informative.

When you receive word from the toll free number that your car is at the dock, you can use your VIN number at the link below to find out what ship and the schedule...

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/cargoTrack.do

Doesn't take near as long as it used to back in 2002

Old 06-20-2005, 07:22 AM
rollermonkey
2nd Gear
FlyinGrape!
Are you awaiting your MINI from Rasmussen? I am, I've got Josh as my MA, fantastic fellow. Also OKMini, thanks for the extra Info, I'm gonna bookmark this thread for sure! Thanks you everyone!

Old 06-20-2005, 02:51 PM
eechan
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by r13ater
The options also seems to determine the wait.

I ordered mine on June 6, called my SA he said I'm scheduled for production on July 27, my delivery date is in August
you went beserk with the mouse and clicked on everything in sight before printing it out and handing it over to your MA for ordering didn't you? that's some caraaaazy production time delays.

Old 06-20-2005, 04:39 PM
Dr Evil
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by eechan
you went beserk with the mouse and clicked on everything in sight before printing it out and handing it over to your MA for ordering didn't you? that's some caraaaazy production time delays.
Yeah well I got the V8 option and apparently that takes longer