1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Wait List Time?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 09:36 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer Wait List Time?

Hi all,

I'm in Colorado Springs, and hence went to Schomp in Denver to order my MC. I just got a phat raise and decided to up my purchase to an MCS . The only problem is I'm now on a waiting list for 3 months before I can even order! .

Does anyone know if there is a wait list for an MCS in Albuquerque, NM or Murray, UT?

If not, the longer drive would be well worth the reduced wait time... 6 months is gonna kill me!

Old 06-23-2005, 09:43 PM
minimonkey
4th Gear
Well not in the states you mentioned... but I got mine (a few months back) from Desert Mini in Las Vegas. I had a production number the next day after ordering... and the Mini was here in exactly 6 weeks! Under two months. I hope this info helps. Good luck on your quest.

Old 06-23-2005, 09:49 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Sweet! I'll keep Vegas as an option (I can make it there in a full day's drive. Plus I'd be done with the break-in period by the time I get home ).

Anyone in Kansas or Missori have to wait before they could order their MCS?

Let's open this up to everyone. Post your Location / Order Date / Arrival Date for your MCS.

Old 06-23-2005, 10:24 PM
pauhana
Take the high road
Alternatives

I bought my 2005 MCS from Baron MINI in Kansas City, KA. No wait time to order over the phone. I picked it up myself, but shipping is possible and not very expensive. Price at Baron was MSRP from MINIUSA web plus small documentation fee. Deliveries from factory to midwest and east dealers are quicker than to western states due to ports used. At the very least, call dealers in the surrounding states to get a feel for wait times.

Old 06-23-2005, 10:31 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
That's awesome! One other question for you since you're in the boat I'm about to jump on. Do you have to go to the dealership you bought your car from for the free service, or can I go to Schomp for that?

Also, how long did it take you to get it? (Order to Delivery)?

Old 06-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Minifiend
4th Gear
Crevier Mini

Placed my order in late May and expect delivery late July. They don't charge over MSRP but they really sock it to you in dealer upgrades. Service is ok, but they sell alot of cars and they act like they don't need your business. I won't be taking my car back there for servicing unless I absolutely have to. If you do call, ask for CJ Jones or Kirk Larson....they are the best. Goodluck!

Old 06-23-2005, 10:49 PM
danjmcs
Coordinator :: Dynamic MiNi Collective
I live in the Phoenix, AZ area and Scottsdale Mini was the same way... 3-4 month wait list. I bought from Mortiz Mini in Arlington, TX. I had a production number by the end of the same day I ordered, April 20th and we took delivery June 10th. Chris Lord at Moritz was my MA and was AWESOME. My girlfriend and took Friday and Monday off over the weekend we picked our new MCS up and made a great road trip home out of it.

Dan in Phoenix

Old 06-23-2005, 10:51 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by yzdj
I live in the Phoenix, AZ area and Scottsdale Mini was the same way... 3-4 month wait list. I bought from Mortiz Mini in Arlington, TX. I had a production number by the end of the same day I ordered, April 20th and we took delivery June 10th. Chris Lord at Moritz was my MA and was AWESOME. My girlfriend and took Friday and Monday off over the weekend we picked our new MCS up and made a great road trip home out of it.

Dan in Phoenix
Do they do the free maintenance at the Arizona Dealership, or would you have to drive to Texas?

Old 06-23-2005, 10:56 PM
mrdirosa
3rd Gear
Just got my S from Sandia in Albq, NM and they were pretty good. No waiting list (just order & shipping from England). And no documentation fee for out-of-state buyers...just MSRP

Drove back to Boulder, CO and it was a blast (285 the whole way back)

Old 06-23-2005, 11:04 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mrdirosa
Just got my S from Sandia in Albq, NM and they were pretty good. No waiting list (just order & shipping from England). And no documentation fee for out-of-state buyers...just MSRP

Drove back to Boulder, CO and it was a blast (285 the whole way back)
Perfect! That's the closest one for me! I guess I have the same question for you... Can you get your free service through Shomp, or do you have to drive down to NM? Also, how long did it take from order to delivery?

Old 06-24-2005, 01:00 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Victory is mine!

Thanks for the reponses guys!

After calling all the dealerships in the surrounding states, I found that the dealer in Kansas City could get me an MCS by September. I called Ralph Schomp in Denver and they were very friendly about refunding my deposit so I could order from Kansas to get it sooner. Just put my order through and they said I'm going to get my production number tomorrow!

I gotta say, although 3 months is a long time, it's FAR easier to accept than 6!

Here's what I ordered:
2005 HB/W MCS - 6 Speed Getrag Manual
*Premium Package
*Sport Package
*Cold Weather Package
*Limited Slip Differential
*Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
*Rear Fog Lamp
*Chrome Line Exterior
*Chrome Mirror Caps
*Chrome Line Interior
*Panther Black Leather Seats
*Interior Surface in Anthracite
*Anthracite Headliner
*8-Speaker H/K Sound System
*Computer GPS Nav System

Dealer Accessories:
*Chrome Hand Break Cover
*Driving Lamps
*"S" Black Rubber Floor Mats (front/back)
*AUX Audio Input
*Security System
*Glove Box Organizer

I can't wait!

Oh, also, I found out the answer to my previous question. If you buy your MINI from an out of state dealership in interest of lower delivery time, you can still go to your local dealership for the free service (oil changes, etc.). It's a win/win situation!

Old 06-24-2005, 04:19 PM
minimonkey
4th Gear
Yeah - I could never wait six months. Six weeks was hard enough. I will say that the wait is an exciting time. I rememeber feeling a bit of a let down after I got mine. But that changed with ever new mod I did.

Congrats and enjoy! Your in for a real special time with your new Mini. Best regards from California!

Old 06-24-2005, 04:38 PM
ripley
3rd Gear
I've heard that some dealers will "put you on a list". Then, after a few weeks they will call you and say, "gee, it looks like we may have a cancellation and for an extra $$$ we can move you up and order your car today!" I hope this isn't true but I wouldn't be surpeised. Numerous dealers can have you a car in 2 months or so. Bottom line...shop around. Heck, if I was doing it again I'd likely buy from someone several states away. Then, when the car arrived, I'd make a vacation out of picking it up. There's not many things better than hopping in your new MINI for a road trip. And, when you get home, you've got most of your break-in miles out of the way!!

ripley.

Old 06-25-2005, 08:18 AM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Got my production number!. August Production with delivery in September

Old 06-25-2005, 09:01 AM
Flyin'Grape
2nd Gear
CONGRATS on your new order Bboy.

OK..I think I have the longest wait so far (not a good contest to be in). I put my deposit down in early October, was on a list and ordered when it was my turn (in April). My MSC was given a production number in late May and It is En Route now. I'll be taking delivery in Mid July. As far as I'm concerned 10 months it the worst. I heard that others buying from this same dealer are in a 12 month waiting period.

If I had to do it over, I would order from Vegas or Ohio and drive it home. Maybe the market is ripe enough for someone to start another dealership in this area! Competition might ramp up the speed a bit!

Flyin'Grape

(p.s. ripley: lol, my husband's name is ripley and your post made me do a double take!)

Old 06-26-2005, 06:13 AM
UUNetBill
5th Gear
BBoy,

Just so you know - Schomp told us we'd be on the waiting list for our MCSC for 2-3 months before we could even order. That was about a week and a half ago - they just called, and we can go in next week to order our new cabrio!! I'm jazzed. . .

I think the dealers sorta pad their wait times - less likely to **** people off that way.

Old 06-26-2005, 09:56 AM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by UUNetBill
BBoy,

Just so you know - Schomp told us we'd be on the waiting list for our MCSC for 2-3 months before we could even order. That was about a week and a half ago - they just called, and we can go in next week to order our new cabrio!! I'm jazzed. . .

I think the dealers sorta pad their wait times - less likely to **** people off that way.
Congrats Bill! That's awesome!

As much as I like Schomp's people & their customer service, I'm going to stick with the known delivery time of September. Now I know exactly how long I have to wait, and by the time I'm home with Pip, He'll be almost broken-in!