1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A total convert!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 01:18 PM
dr_doogie_md
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A total convert!

Hey Hey~

I guess I'll introduce myself in first saying I've never been into cars. The way people go nuts over mustangs, caddys, or porches; I've never had those feelings. I've always thought of cars as something to get me from A to B; nothing more than a convenient tool to make life easier.

Until Mini.

I really first started noticing these wonderful little cars about a six weeks ago ago. More and more my interest grew in them. I dismissed it though, I kept telling myself 'How could I afford a new car?'. You see, I'm just starting school to become a Registered Nurse, and school and car payments make for a tight budget.

I looked at my situation and crunched some numbers and realized it could very well be possible. So I went for a test drive, fell in love with Mini even more, and placed an order. It wasn't a 100% commitment, financing would still be an issue, and I had to figure a few more things out, but I was on my way.

So here I am two weeks later, my Mini in production, and many more 'if's turned into 'yes's. Now the only thing that remains is financing, and that shouldn't be any issue, I've got great credit.

So here's MiniLove, due to me within a month!

2005 MC HB w/B roof, bonnet stripes
*Chrome line Exterior w/chrome mirror caps
*Chrome tailpipe
*Chrome Line Interior
*Anthracite Trim
*Cockpit Chrono Pack
*H/K HiFi soundsystem

Not a ton of goodies, but I'm on a bit of a budget with school. She'll sound good and sure as heck look good.

Can't wait to go nuts on these boards!~

Old 06-24-2005, 01:53 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome to NAM, dr doogie! Great specs! You're in for some fun ahead as you spend the summer motoring!

Clover

Old 06-24-2005, 04:53 PM
Boondox
3rd Gear
Welcome aboard! Always good to see another northern New Englander!

Old 06-24-2005, 05:35 PM
Ladidah
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats, HB/B with black stripes is the best color combo! Good taste!

Old 06-24-2005, 05:53 PM
ZenAudio
3rd Gear
I'm assuming you are looking outside of BMW for your financing needs - they were not competitive in my instance.

Good luck with the wait!

Mike

Old 06-25-2005, 08:25 AM
BBoy
3rd Gear
w00t!

Congrats on the new MINI dude! For financing, have you considered MINI Select? You make Lease-like payments for up to 4 years, then have a balloon payment at the end. You can re-finance the balloon payment though, so basically you can have much lower payments over a very long time in order to make the vehicle very affordable!

Old 06-25-2005, 09:23 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It is indeed a magic moment when a humble MINI breaks through our own personal vale of automotive apathy and indifference. A weight is lifted in that "oh...my....gawd" moment. A big smile dawns one's countenance...and the love begins.

Then the dreams start (both day and night) as one re-plays over and over every nuance of one's MINI's color, texture, and operation. Eventually, the discovery of the on-line MINI community becomes a home of sorts, proving that, in fact, one is not as mad as friends, co-workers, and family seem to indicate because of our frequent use of the phrase "Let's Motor" in the context of ordinary conversational sentences.

Oh yes, the MINI draws us in like moths to a flame. And we love it and bask in the radiant warmth of motoring euphoria unknown to the masses.

Congrats on your new obsession. I have seldom spent money on an item that has given me as much enjoyment.

Old 06-25-2005, 09:46 AM
sandtoast500
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jds
And we love it and bask in the radiant warmth of motoring euphoria unknown to the masses.
Well said, jds!

I did the MINI select to keep my monthly payments low, and in a few years I'll refinance the leftover balance for as long as I want. But I'll have this car forever, it's a part of our family now. I'd let her sleep in the house but there's no room!

Good luck! (don't forget to get the clear bra! And buy some mods while your waiting, it makes the wait more bearable...)

-Steve

Old 06-25-2005, 10:58 AM
dr_doogie_md
3rd Gear
Way to wax poetic jds lol. But yes you captured my sentiment quite eloquently.

Just got word from my MA Keith at Peabody, Mass. He had a horrible boating accident broke his neck! He's being kept semiconscience and will be in rehab all year. I HAVE to buy my Mini now to help him out heh. I hope all goes well with him.

I added Lojack and the clearcoat protection to my order when I started the credit check for financing today. Just a month till I can motor!

Old 06-25-2005, 11:18 AM
Lareina
1st Gear
You sound like me!

Jds, you really summed things up nicely!

I never gave a rat's backside about a car until I got MINI fever. I fell head over heels in love! I'm putting a son through college now, so cash is tight around these parts, but I just had to have one of these beauties! I never washed a car before this one, nor did I shop at auto shops, follow detailing threads, even KNOW what a CAI was....this car has made me a whole new person!

Welcome to our happy family! Motor on!

Lareina
'05 MC PW/B, red octagon/black, #1, #2, HK, antracite, Chrono pack, SS+, iPod adaptor...and the grin came standard!