1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie in MO

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 06:37 PM
ddminikc
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie in MO

I have been lurking here for the last month or so while waiting for my HB/W MCS to arrive. Finally the truck is on the way to the dealer and I am supposed to pick him up Wednesday or Thursday. I have not been this excited about a new car in over 25 years!:smile:

My specs are:
HB/W with white bonnet stripes (hope to put on boot stripes soon)
Sport Package
Convenience Package
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package
Harmon Kardon Sound System
17" S-Lite with all season tires
Body color interior
Chrome line interior
Rear Foglight
Driving Lamps
Checker Sunroof cover

Old 06-24-2005, 07:24 PM
NealW
2nd Gear
Welcome aboard ddminikc. Sounds like a beautiful MINI. Be sure and post pictures. Everyone enjoys the vicarious new MINI experience.

Old 06-24-2005, 07:52 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NealW
Everyone enjoys the vicarious new MINI experience.
Very true!!!

Welcome ddminikc...you must be goin' crazy w/ excitement!! Your MINI will be even more fantastic than you imagine. Motorin' is simply the best!!!!

Old 06-24-2005, 10:34 PM
Kellzir
4th Gear
Congrats! Just in time for the holiday weekend, happy motoring!

Old 06-24-2005, 10:46 PM
Johnny L
4th Gear
Hey, DD, sounds like you got just about everything going on! Welcome! Let's some some pics o' that HB, yo!

Old 06-25-2005, 07:18 AM
ddminikc
2nd Gear
I thought the last week of waiting would be easier but I was so wrong! If the truck gets to the dealer today I might get to motor off on Tuesday. Oh well only only 4 or 5 more days, how hard can that be:smile:.

Old 06-25-2005, 08:39 AM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Congrats! A fine choice in Color! I too have a MCS HB/W on order from KC! Let me know how your experience is as I'm doing all this over the phone/fax and I won't actually see the dealer until pickup! (I just ordered out of KC 'cause the wait was shorter than where I live in Colorado).

Old 06-25-2005, 02:47 PM
ddminikc
2nd Gear
BBoy, I highly recomend Baron. I have been to the dealership a couple of times and they have been very good to work with. Everyone there is friendly and seem to be knowledgable about the cars. Our MA (Liz) has been very helpful and has kept us informed of every change of status (on order, in production, etc). She also does not seem to get upset by all the emails we send. I guess they are used to people being a little crazy while waiting for their cars.

Old 06-28-2005, 05:16 PM
ddminikc
2nd Gear
Got some pictures of it right off the truck have not even cleaned it up yet. Waiting for driving lights and sunroof cover. I get to start motoring on Thursday!!!!

Old 06-28-2005, 08:47 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
It's beautifull! Let me know how the hand-off experience is! Congrats again!

-Bryan

Old 06-28-2005, 08:53 PM
Johnny L
4th Gear
DD, splendid! Love HB with White!!!!

Old 07-01-2005, 08:50 AM
ddminikc
2nd Gear
Picked it up yesterday (Thursday) at 1:00. Baron and our MA (Liz) did everything they could to make sure it was a great experience. Yesterday was just about as bad a day as possible to pick up a new car. During the time we were doing the delivery we were under a sever thunderstorm warning and a tornado warning. As we pulled in, Liz was taking our new car to get gas. She had Jackie and Gabe get our gift certificate for the Boutique so we could shop until she came back. After we picked out our goodies, she went over all of the books that come with the owners packet with us. We then went to see Melinda to get the money and service plans paper work taken care of. Liz then took us on a tour of the facility and introduced us to everyone we will be dealing with (service advisor, MINI manager, parts dept, etc.) We then went to the delivery lounge where the car was waiting. She went over every thing with us for about 30 to 45 minutes. By the time we were done the winds were up to about 30 to 40 mph and the clouds were black and flying across the sky. We took off and got about 2 miles down the highway when we were just surrounded by a huge downpour. It was raining so hard that there was a good 1.5" to 2" of water standing on the road because it could not run off fast enough. The MINI handled it just fine though and we found out that the automatic wipers work just fine! I can honestly say that the buying and delivery experience at Baron was fantastic.

BBoy, who is your MA? I think I have met all of them except Lisa now. They all seem to be more than happy to talk to you about the MINI.

Old 07-01-2005, 08:56 AM
BBoy
3rd Gear
My MA is Lisa (of course she's the only one you didn't meet ). Other than the rain, that sounds great! I didn't know you get to pick out goodies?! What kinds of goodies are there to choose from?Also, I was wondering... Do they include the installation fees for dealer-installed options in the total price that they finance?

-Bryan

Old 07-01-2005, 01:32 PM
ddminikc
2nd Gear
BBoy

I have heard from others here in KC that Lisa is great to work with. The installation costs are included in the total price of the car when they do the financing. Did you get the checkerd sunroof cover? They gave me an option on that between a solid piece of vinal with the b/w checkerboard pattern and putting on individual white vinal squares. I chose the white squares and I must say I love it. The black sunroof glass acts as the dark squares so when you get inside you can still see out. It was great watching the lightening through it on the way home.

Baron has a little store that has some jackets, hats, key chains, shirts, and a few other odds and ends for both BMWs and MINIs. I think it is the same stuff that you can see on the miniusa.com website. I bought a hat, a key chain, 2 MINI travel mugs and a shirt. I had to pay about $25 on top of the MINI money they gave me.

Old 07-01-2005, 10:46 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Yes, Lisa has been great so far (over email). That's cool about the MINI store. How much MINI bucks did you get?

I hadn't considered the checkered roof, but after looking at your pics, I'm starting to consider it. They did a great job on lining everything up!

That's awesome. I can't wait for mine to arrive in September :D

Old 07-02-2005, 05:01 AM
ddminikc
2nd Gear
BBoy,

They gave us $50 to spend. Their stuff is a little overpriced but then so is anything you buy in any other car dealer.

Old 07-02-2005, 07:55 AM
BBoy
3rd Gear
True, true. Still, that's cool.

Old 07-04-2005, 11:04 AM
windrider
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the "Club"

hi and welcome...I usually lurk quite a bit too...but hope to post more often now that i have more time this summer...I also hope that the KC mini club can hook up with the STL mini club...I live right in between...(columbia)...so if you are ever in the area...look for the only IndiBlue in the city...

Take care....

Bryan

Old 07-04-2005, 01:04 PM
ddminikc
2nd Gear
Windrider

I also hope the KC club has some joint activities with the St. Louis group. I have family outside of St. Louis so it would be handy for me. I have an uncle just outside of Columbia, so I may drive the MINI over there sometime.