1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Glad To Be Aboard

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Paul A. Morabith
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad To Be Aboard

Every once and awhile a car comes along that can be considered a true "enthusiast's car". A car that people who love to drive must have. The MINI COOPER S is such a car. I have a dark silver with aero package on order that has just moved to "slated for production" at the plant. I ordered the 6-speed, limited slip, auxiliary gauges, interior chrome, chrome mirrors with black top and stripes. I can't wait to get my hands on this car!
I currently drive a 84 vette(owned since 90), two-tone silver with all the go fast goodies....hypertech chip, hi-flow cat, polished stainless B&B exhaust, K&N filters, bilsteins and JL audio bi-amped system with sub to kick out the tunes. This car is a blast to drive except in the winter. I've also owned a 75 MGB(first new car), a 71 LT-1 vette(silver, 4-speed, chrome hookers), and a 85 MR-2(last new car). I would consider all these "enthusiast cars", fun to drive. The MINI falls into this same category, an awesome package.
I'll be frequenting this site to ask the many questions I have and will have in the future.....looking forward to it!
First question...Is there a dedicated magazine to the MINI and an aftermarket catalog or website for accessories?

See Ya!

Paul

Old 06-26-2005, 09:27 PM
Funk_Flex
5th Gear
Congrats! I'm in the same boat too. For accessories, check out the vendor's directory on this site.

Old 06-26-2005, 09:39 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome to NAM, Paul! Congrats on ordering your MINI...the specs sound awesome!

I'm in a Corvette/MINI household, and am sure you'll love your new baby!

There's a pretty good magazine, GO MINI, out of the UK. It's not particularly geared to the North American market, but it's interesting.:smile:

There is discussion of a new MINI magazine about to be launched here in the US, but not sure of its publication date. You may find out more about it on Gabe Bridger's site, http://www.motoringfile.com/

There are plenty of aftermarket vendors and catalogs. Check out NAM's vendors list, the various forums, especially the very lively Performance Modifications forums! Plenty of great info, discussions, and lots of debates!

Clover

Old 07-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Paul A. Morabith
Neutral
Thanks for the info on the magazine. What year is your vette? By the way my MCS is finished and awaiting shipment to it's new home.

See Ya!

Paul

Old 07-01-2005, 01:36 PM
C4
Banned
Magazines:

Mini World

Go Mini

Among others.

Congrats on your new car!

Old 07-01-2005, 09:37 PM
rclements
2nd Gear
Welcome Paul! and a suggestion...

Welcome aboard!

you will truly dig your MCS. I have had mine 6 weeks now, and I can say it's not just the car, but also the culture around the car, that makes owning a MINI such a kick in the pants.

My suggestion: Get the Bentley Service Manual now, it will give you something to read while your car is delivered!

Should you find yourself in Denver [most likely changing planes!] drop a message.

cheers,

robc