1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*I'm a Newbie and i drive a Saturn* ; )

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 05:48 PM
LSJ_Kid04
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*I'm a Newbie and i drive a Saturn* ; )

Hi everyone,
My name is Colin and i live in tampa, florida and I was just wanting to learn as much as I can about you stout Little cars. All info and experiances are needed. I dont want to read mag's like car and driver, Because I want the owners experiance. Like how fast the mini's really are, not just what the mag say's and what problems do you run into w/tuning or adding aftermarket perfromance parts.And What is twin charging and does Nitrous work on your cars(safely)?. I know those mags arent dead on w/there reviews and I know there is something youd like to clear up about the car. Since I know, i drive a saturn one of the most hated car companys on earth and Believe me it aint that bad. LOL. So all your experiance's will be greatly needed. Im looking at this car for my g/f. She really likes you cars and i think im starting to like them too. So please feel free to open my eyes on this little pocket rocket.
Colin&Tiff

Old 06-29-2005, 06:13 PM
Call
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your best start is by digging into the threads. I learned so much by just reading the threads from about 1 year ago. And it was a lot of fun

Old 06-29-2005, 06:20 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome to NAM, LSJ! You are here for your girlfriend, but watch out! You'll end up NEEDING a MINI, too!

Visit the Performance Modifications forums and browse through MINI Talk. Enjoy the fun we all have with our MINIs and you are sure to find loads of great information here, too!

Clover

Old 06-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Absorbine_Sr
3rd Gear
As mentioned above, spend lots of time browsing and reading right here. I did a lot of research on this site long before I ordered my MINI. Not only did I learn about the car from people with long term, first-hand experience, I learned what options I wanted and why, I saw pictures of the car in different colors and configurations, and all of it helped in the buying decision and process.

So grab a favorite beverage, kick off your shoes, and spend a few days reading and learning. Your girlfriend, you and your future MINI will thank you!

A_Sr.

Old 06-29-2005, 07:35 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi LSJ!! Let me just say by way of overview that MINIs far exceed any and all hype which you may have heard. They simply are an extremely fun, engaging, and thoroughly driveable car...one w/ a truly noble heritage. We are enthusiasts here and for good reason. From engineering, to looks, to safety, to amenities, MINIs just work on so many levels, and then somehow offer even more. Very hard to understate the attraction....but this isn't just an opinion or bias. Test drive one...you'll see. It is rare when a car exceeds one's expectations every day you drive it!!!! MINIs attract a shockingly wide range of owners, too, from hard-core tuners to milk-run commuters.

Old 06-30-2005, 05:55 AM
LSJ_Kid04
1st Gear
wow your guys seem to be the friendlyest of all forums ive ever been to. You guys sound like your Enjoying your cars allot. I hope my g/f gets hers b/c it would be a great change of scenary from the 87 toyota . She needs a new ride and she likes driving my car so im like why dont you get a mini they are fast and they turn on a dime they are real safe. I told her it got voted best bang for the buck ride. "Shes a vett Tech." And she could make it her very own by choosing what she likes or dis-likes out of the car. Thanks guys you have been great hosts for me.

Colin

Old 06-30-2005, 10:46 AM
dr_doogie_md
3rd Gear
Heh I'm another Saturn convert. I'm driving a 94' SW1 and my whole family has Saturns, from the Vue to the Ion to the LS. They're fine cars, but no where near as cool as Minis.

Enjoy your reading. :smile:

Old 06-30-2005, 11:12 AM
LSJ_Kid04
1st Gear
Originally Posted by dr_doogie_md
Heh I'm another Saturn convert. I'm driving a 94' SW1 and my whole family has Saturns, from the Vue to the Ion to the LS. They're fine cars, but no where near as cool as Minis.

Enjoy your reading. :smile:
My whole fam drives Saturn's aswell. What a small world but i guess there are fams all around that drive just fords too. I like Mini's espe the Type S ther is something about a Supercharged 4Cyl I just love. If I wouldnt have got My Ion I would have got a mini-s. But now my g/f is getting one...so you see its like im getting one too in a scence:smile: .We all have Ions, my two bros, me, my dad and mother. 2Blk 1Blue 1Orange and 1Silver.