1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got a VIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 04:25 PM
D_Nyholm
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YAY!! I just called up and the car is at the port waiting for the boat. It'll get on the Maersk Tide on 7-12-05 and will get in to NY on 7-20-05. Now just the wait for it to get to the dealer!! :(

Old 07-08-2005, 05:23 PM
ururk
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to hear! Just remember: If we were still in Columbus' time, it could take over a month! Then again, they wouldn't be shipping MINI's, and the internet wouldn't be available to track the MINI.

Old 07-08-2005, 06:45 PM
SRTech
Former Vendor
My car sat at the port for two weeks and then had to come to the west coast. From the time the car was finished to when it got to the port here was about a month. Then another week and a half to get to Sacramento. Transport time was really agonizing!

Steve

Old 07-11-2005, 07:51 AM
STLMINI
6th Gear
hey folks,

we just ordered our third MINI and i don't recall from when i ordered our first, how long did it take to get the VIN from when you placed your order?

Old 07-11-2005, 07:55 AM
ururk
5th Gear
For me it was 12 from the order date, 9 from the production number. I'm not too sure how early my MA placed the order, or if she just tweaked a dealer build.

Old 07-11-2005, 08:02 AM
SRTech
Former Vendor
It took a month from order date to VIN number. All that's in the past now so everything is good. :smile::smile::smile:

Steve

Old 07-11-2005, 04:18 PM
ururk
5th Gear
Still @ 150 : (

Poor little MC hasn't moved from stage 150 . The completion date estimate of July 15th seems to be the real thing.

It shall give me some time to reflect on my situation (ie, think about the MINI longer), and save up a bit more $$. I wish there was some sort of hibernation system...

Old 07-11-2005, 04:37 PM
SRTech
Former Vendor
It just gave me more time to plan and buy upgrades before the arrival. :smile:

Steve

Old 07-11-2005, 06:14 PM
D_Nyholm
4th Gear
ururk,
We were going along the same timeline as you and our Mini just departed on the boat yesterday. I wonder what is taking so long??

Old 07-11-2005, 08:12 PM
ururk
5th Gear
I don't know! I'm wondering if it's the black top, or perhaps the armrest is holding it up. Heck, if it's something like the armrest holding it up, or the spare tire, the washer fluid reservoir, emergency brake - who cares. They can leave them off if it will speed production.

150 Production Started [SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION]
151 Body Shop Started
152 Paint Shop Started
153 Assembly Started
155 Production Completed
160 Released to Distribution
182 Released to Carrier [AWAITING TRANSPORTATION]

I mean, the guy at MINI USA did not tell me if anything was done to the MINI, just that it was still at 150! I called just before I posted. It's not a big deal, really. Heh. Ha.

I'll survive - today I just worked 8 hours straight (mmmm, 10 minute lunch!) on a project that had to get out today. I totally forgot about the MINI during work. Seriously.

John

Old 07-12-2005, 11:36 AM
ururk
5th Gear
It's at 151!

Old 07-12-2005, 11:40 AM
STLMINI
6th Gear
where are you tracking those numbers? 150, 151, etc...

mike

Old 07-12-2005, 11:56 AM
ururk
5th Gear
1-866-275-6464

1-866-ASK-MINI

Just talk to a customer service person, and ask about the status. I'm hooked on the hotline! It's a free call -> no hidden charges

Seriously, I talked to someone today, and he was like, "Call every other day, or even every day. We're here to help." Heh, this tells me he doesn't know that I have been calling every day since the 7th. Heck, if they had made it a 900 number, I'd still check the status daily -> the website has been consistently 2 days behind for me.

John

Old 07-12-2005, 12:33 PM
STLMINI
6th Gear
i called and did the automated thing...status is: scheduled for production but no exact production date has been set.

Old 07-12-2005, 03:44 PM
ururk
5th Gear
STLMINI - where do you get the stylized MINI's in your sig? Photoshop filter? Redraw in Illustrator? Redraw in Photoshop? They don't look like scaled images.

Old 07-13-2005, 02:47 PM
ururk
5th Gear
152 the 12th. For a two tone body, how many days does the paint shop take? Anyone know? It's not terribly important, but then I could skip calling ASK MINI tomorrow if it will take 3 days.

Old 07-14-2005, 11:14 AM
ururk
5th Gear
Uhhh, just got 153 status today, however, I asked when I'd find about which ship it'll be on (which, IMHO, is the most important piece of information). He said, "Well, let's see, at some point we'll know. I wouldn't call every day, heh, then you'd be blacklisted, but maybe every other day." He said this in a joking way - do they have a log of all the time's I've called?

I figure, they NEED me to call them, otherwise they'd be out of jobs. Right?

John

Old 07-14-2005, 11:21 AM
MINI Steve
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ururk
Uhhh, just got 153 status today, however, I asked when I'd find about which ship it'll be on (which, IMHO, is the most important piece of information). He said, "Well, let's see, at some point we'll know. I wouldn't call every day, heh, then you'd be blacklisted, but maybe every other day." He said this in a joking way - do they have a log of all the time's I've called?

I figure, they NEED me to call them, otherwise they'd be out of jobs. Right?

John
I'm still idling at #150 since Monday AM... To the rest of you in front of me... Hurry up and get outa the way!!!

MINISteve
MMC #179 - A Strange Prime
OUT with the '04 MCS - IN with the '05 MCSC

Old 07-14-2005, 11:54 AM
UUNetBill
5th Gear
Uh, okay. . .

Realistically, what's the timeframe look like from order to delivery? We ordered an MCSC on July 1st, got our production number soon after, we're in the system (I called already) with a projected completion date of 31 August. Then shipping to Colorado, etc. . .I'm looking at mid-September, I think. . .but when should I start calling ASK-MINI on a daily basis? A week before completion? Two? Today? Last week? This is our second MINI but our first new one, so I'm a little out of the loop on the timing. . .

Thanks!!

Old 07-14-2005, 12:10 PM
ururk
5th Gear
It depends on where you were in the dealers queue, their number of build allocations, and how many slots they had open for that month.

In your case, I'd check out the Owners Lounge:

https://ol.miniusa.com

When the time approaches your completion date (like, 2 weeks) check the website out. When the vehicle hits Scheduled for Production status, then would be a good time to call.

The main issue is the website is a few days behind (anywhere from 2 to 7!). It also shows the basic steps - nowhere near to where ASK-MINI will tell you. But, until it's actually scheduled for production, not much will happen. Plus, a few days behind means I will miss it's shipping, whereas you will only miss it's change to scheduled for production. I'm pretty sure.

Old 07-14-2005, 12:15 PM
rollermonkey
2nd Gear
Well, I'm not exactly sure, but if its any indication Heres by breakdown so far:

June 2 : On Order
July 3: Scheduled for Production
July 9: Production Completed
July 12: At Port of Exit

... I'm picking it up in Portland, and my MA told me to expect late August or Early Sept....

I'm sure hoping it earlier...

Old 07-14-2005, 12:20 PM
UUNetBill
5th Gear
Originally Posted by rollermonkey
Well, I'm not exactly sure, but if its any indication Heres by breakdown so far:

June 2 : On Order
July 3: Scheduled for Production
July 9: Production Completed
July 12: At Port of Exit

... I'm picking it up in Portland, and my MA told me to expect late August or Early Sept....

I'm sure hoping it earlier...
Yeah, I'd hope so, too!! That's almost what, 6-8 weeks for delivery? Aagghh!! Ours will be coming to Colorado; I'd hate to think it'll take 4-6 weeks to get here. . .

But that's a good timeline up above - about a week to build, and a few days to port. . .good to know, thanks!

Old 07-14-2005, 06:48 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by UUNetBill
...Ours will be coming to Colorado; I'd hate to think it'll take 4-6 weeks to get here. . .
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but orders to Shomp in Colorado get shipped to California instead of the east coast & then trucked up to Denver. 4-6 weeks is pretty accurate for delivery (depending on how long it takes to get on the boat, then how long it takes to get on the truck. The boat ride to Cali takes almost a month).

It's for this reason (and the Shomp waiting list) that I ordered my MCS out of Baron in Kansas City. I'm scheduled for a Week 31 build (beginning of august?) . Deliveries to KC go through the east coast, so it'll only spend 2 weeks on the pond so I'm hoping to meet my MINI at the beginning of September

Old 07-14-2005, 08:29 PM
SRTech
Former Vendor
Yeah, I thought the boat sank it took so long to get to CA from GB.

Steve

Old 07-15-2005, 06:38 AM
ururk
5th Gear
Not that this is a self serving thread, but it keeps me from posting a new thread each time : )

I'm on the Udine! At least "Received at Terminal - won't know much until the ship actually arrives at port, or if they bump the little car to a sooner leaving ship. Currently 314 MINI's aboard.

Anyone here on it?

Quick Reply: I got a VIN!!!!!!!!!!!!