1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has Anyone Seen my Cooper S Hat?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 03:36 PM
MCLeonard
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has Anyone Seen my Cooper S Hat?

My friend Karin bought a Cooper S hat for me to wear while driving her about in the MCS. I really liked that hat, but I lost it. I recently found this forum and was wondering if somebody may have seen my hat. I am concerned that it might be being worn by an owner of a counterfiet Mini. I last had it in the Recoleta area of Buenos Aires, Argentina on or about December 15th, 2004. We only saw a few Minis in Argentina so the new wearer will probably stand out as a counterfiet. I have attached a picture of me wearing it in San Francisco just before the trip. Karin loaned me her Mini hat during the trip and then bought me another Cooper S hat. So I am feeling better, but I sure miss my first Cooper S hat. Please no comments on my modeling, we are just looking at the hat. This is serious business as you can tell from my expression.

Old 07-07-2005, 03:44 PM
MyMini05
2nd Gear
Haven't seen your hat but I have one just like it! Its okay though, I do have a Mini to make it legit.

FRED

Old 07-07-2005, 03:48 PM
10851CS
Former Vendor
Hey,

I have a hat like that got it when I first got my MCS

How come I can see three vehicles in the background and they are all SUVs?

Earl

Old 07-07-2005, 04:31 PM
ZenAudio
3rd Gear
I've seen it!!!!

On the Brazilian side at Iguazu falls. It was on a rather cute girl with a viper stripe, uh, maybe that was her bikini !

Keep searchin',
Miguel

Old 07-07-2005, 06:07 PM
MCLeonard
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ZenAudio
On the Brazilian side at Iguazu falls. It was on a rather cute girl with a viper stripe, uh, maybe that was her bikini !

Keep searchin',
Miguel
Dude, that was my hat! I stayed at the Tropical Das Cataratas. Wasn't sure if I lost it in Buenos Aires or at Iguazu. Well if she was cute then I don't feel so bad. Perhaps a guy in a Mini will pick her up and make it legit.

Old 07-07-2005, 06:11 PM
MCLeonard
5th Gear
Originally Posted by 10851CS
Hey,

I have a hat like that got it when I first got my MCS

How come I can see three vehicles in the background and they are all SUVs?

Earl
I'm with you on the SUV thing Earl. Unfortunately I can't control the neighborhood. However I will say that the area has a high concentration of Minis. Probably about one per block. Next time I will be sure to pose in front of one so as not to offend your sensibilities.

Old 07-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have an SUV too...

Originally Posted by MCLeonard
I'm with you on the SUV thing Earl. Unfortunately I can't control the neighborhood. However I will say that the area has a high concentration of Minis. Probably about one per block. Next time I will be sure to pose in front of one so as not to offend your sensibilities.
And a Fiat, and a Mustang, and a bunch of die casts!

But I live in a neighborhood of 81 homes. That's probably about 240 cars or so (nice neighborhood with lots of auto enthusiasts). I think we finally got more minis (3-5) than Ferraris! (only 3 I know of). If the US had that ratio of Minis, there'd be like 5 million of them over here!

Matt

Old 07-07-2005, 06:33 PM
MCLeonard
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Dr Obnxs
And a Fiat, and a Mustang, and a bunch of die casts!

But I live in a neighborhood of 81 homes. That's probably about 240 cars or so (nice neighborhood with lots of auto enthusiasts). I think we finally got more minis (3-5) than Ferraris! (only 3 I know of). If the US had that ratio of Minis, there'd be like 5 million of them over here!

Matt
I know Woodside. Nice neighborhood. Glad to hear the Minis are coming up in numbers. I have an SUV too, although not one of the way extra large models. I use it to pull the motorcycle trailer to the race track. The photo was taken in the Marina District, which is mostly four story apartments and tight parking supply. Minis are very popular there. I really do wonder why people own the way large SUV models in that area though, given the shortage of parking and the high price of gas.