1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Future MCS owner in Kansas

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 08:17 AM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BBoy
I just confirmed that the Carmen is scheduled to leave in about 2hrs 45 minutes so I think we're safely on the boat...
I thought it did not leave until the 10th? It is leaving a day early? That means faster delivery to us!!!

Old 08-09-2005, 10:22 AM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Interesting, the booking number that my VIN is showing under is different from the one I posted above. It is GBSOU345420 going to Charleston. The other one is set to go to New York. Same boat, different booking numbers for different ports?

Old 08-09-2005, 12:18 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Laurie
I thought it did not leave until the 10th? It is leaving a day early? That means faster delivery to us!!!
Crap! I jumped the gun. I was remembering that they're a day ahead of us (tomorrow starts for them while we're asleep), but I overshot by 24 hrs.

It's leaving at 11:00am MT tomorrow (6:00pm their time). Unfortunatly that means they still have all night to change their minds about weather or not my MINI stays on the boat... . My fingers are crossed!

Old 08-09-2005, 01:59 PM
Laurie
2nd Gear
It's leaving at 11:00am MT tomorrow (6:00pm their time). Unfortunatly that means they still have all night to change their minds about weather or not my MINI stays on the boat... . My fingers are crossed!
Okay, so they are 6 hours ahead of me, Central Time, so by lunch tomorrow I will know if I need to :smile: or . I am wishing for lots of :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: .

Old 08-09-2005, 03:36 PM
Laurie
2nd Gear
On the K-Line

So, I just talked to my MA Gabe at Baron, he said my MINI left yesterday on the K-Line!!!!! He gave me the boat name, voyage # and BOL #. Now I am confused. How is it showing up in both places? Who cares, I am on my way!!!

Old 08-09-2005, 05:28 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
So, I just talked to my MA Gabe at Baron, he said my MINI left yesterday on the K-Line!!!!! He gave me the boat name, voyage # and BOL #. Now I am confused. How is showing up in both places? Who cares, I am on my way!!!
That's strange... I guess I'll have to call Lisa tomorrow and see if the same double-booking luck has befallen me...

Old 08-09-2005, 08:27 PM
emoore
2nd Gear
So, I just talked to my MA Gabe at Baron, he said my MINI left yesterday on the K-Line!!!!! He gave me the boat name, voyage # and BOL #. Now I am confused. How is it showing up in both places? Who cares, I am on my way!!!

I am also on the K-Line. Do you know how to track the boat on K-Line?

Old 08-10-2005, 05:33 AM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by emoore
I am also on the K-Line. Do you know how to track the boat on K-Line?
You need contact your dealer and get the Bill of Lading #.

Ask MINI says I am "In Transit" now. So I guess Gabe was right, I am on the K-line.

I called K-Line today and all they can tell me is that the ship, the Ingolstadt, with BOL # KKLUHAM100433 has 146 units on it. She could not look up VIN#'s to see if it was on for sure. They do not have that capability she said. The Ingolstadt is due to arrive in Charleston on August 22nd. I am hoping for a Labor Day weekend delivery.

Old 08-10-2005, 06:59 AM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Just checked the WW site, and it's saying my MINI was loaded on the Carmen at 9:36am GMT this morning (3:36am CT)! . It's also scheduled for a 22nd arrival at Charleston. Only 3 more hours 'till the boat leaves!

Old 08-10-2005, 06:32 PM
ddminikc
2nd Gear
I had the same question when I was waiting on mine. It seems that it takes WW a few days to a week to take your VIN off their records.

Old 08-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ddminikc
I had the same question when I was waiting on mine. It seems that it takes WW a few days to a week to take your VIN off their records.
Thanks for the info ddminikc. Did your MINI come on the K-Line then? If so, what was your experience with wait time? How long after it arrived in SC before it was at the dealer?

PS Where did you go to get that picture of your MINI before it was even at the dealer?

Old 08-10-2005, 08:10 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Aye! How long between Charleston and Baron?

Old 08-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Laurie
2nd Gear
So, I called my MA today and asked him in all reality, when could I expect delivery if the boat gets to SC on 8/22. He said I can probably expect Monday August 29th as delivery day. :smile: :smile:

If that is the case, I already have a road trip planned for Labor Day weekend. Gotta get that break in period over as soon as possible.

Old 08-12-2005, 04:20 PM
ddminikc
2nd Gear
Yes mine was on a K-Line ship, the Franconia. My ship actually arrived 2 days before it was scheduled which allowed us to move our delivery date up from around July 5, to June 30. I got the picture at the Baron drop off lot. We went to Baron the day after ours was dropped off and asked Liz if we could get some pictures of it. They seem to be used to excited almost owners.

Old 08-12-2005, 04:26 PM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ddminikc
I got the picture at the Baron drop off lot. .
Where is the drop off lot? It looks like it is somewhere around town but I can't place it. I have seen that building before somewhere.

Old 08-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Call
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DDMINIKC,

did you design your NAM sig...the part with 1/2 circle, MINI in middle with # and then NAM at bottom. Would make a great window sticker

Old 08-13-2005, 03:41 PM
ddminikc
2nd Gear
Laurie,
I can't remember exactly where it was but it was about 2 miles down and a couple of blocks off of Johnson Drive. Your MA should be able to tell or show you where it is.

Call,
Check out this thread, reply #9. https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...light=MMC+logo I just colored it and added my number.

Old 08-15-2005, 06:34 PM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Yipee, I just checked the Port of Charleston site and the Ingolstadt is due to get in a day early, the 21st!!

My MA told me the 29th for pick up. Now I am hoping for the 27th, the day I get back from vacation. That would be sooooo great to get it on a Saturday instead of a Monday. I could spend all day Sunday just motoring. It would be horrible to get it on Monday and have to go to work all week, knowing it is just sitting in the parking lot.

BBoy,
I noticed that the Carmen got pushed up to the 22nd from the 24th also. That is great too.

Well, here's hoping I can forget about my MINI for a week and enjoy my vacation in Mexico. Who am I kidding, I will be thinking about it while I am basking on the beach!

Old 08-15-2005, 09:29 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Yes, that's excellent news! I'm just hoping Hurricaine Irene doesn't mess anything up!

I called Lisa (my MA) today, and she said that my MINI was still waiting to get on a boat! . This is the same thing the MINI OL STILL says! I double checked W&W, and it still shows my VIN on the CARMEN, but now I'm starting to get a little worried that there might be some sort of mix up . Anyway, when I told her that I'd found my VIN on the CARMEN and that it was scheduled to be in Charleston on the 22nd, she said that if it does arrive on the 22nd, they'll get it 5 days later if everything passes inspection!

That puts me up for a Saturday delivery as well! If all goes well, it'll be just 2 more weeks! I can't wait until I know for sure though since I'm going to have to buy a plain ticket out there, given the fact that my current POS car died today... . I'll be bummin' rides off of friends for the next couple weeks, but I'm sure they won't mind since I'll be driving them everywhere once my MINI arrives!

Old 08-20-2005, 11:29 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
The MINIUSA OL just updated to show an estimated delivery date for my MINI of 8/29 (this Saturday!) I can't wait!!!

Anyone know how accurate the estimated delivery date is? The only dealer-installed option I'm getting is the alarm.

Old 08-20-2005, 11:37 PM
emoore
2nd Gear
That's great BBoy! I don't know how accurate the estimated delivery date is. My MINI has an estimated delivery date of 8/26 but I am not picking it up until 9/6 I hope it stays out of trouble on Classic's lot :smile:

Old 08-27-2005, 02:17 PM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Okay, back from vacation. Dealer says that my MINI just arrived today and they need time to prep it so I can't pick it up yet. I am looking at a Monday delivery around 3 pm now.

BBoy, I am going over to the "Drop Lot" later to have a look at my baby. If I can tell which one is yours, I will take a pic for you and PM it to you.

Old 08-27-2005, 02:48 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Okay, back from vacation. Dealer says that my MINI just arrived today and they need time to prep it so I can't pick it up yet. I am looking at a Monday delivery around 3 pm now.

BBoy, I am going over to the "Drop Lot" later to have a look at my baby. If I can tell which one is yours, I will take a pic for you and PM it to you.
Excellent!
I'm scheduled for delivery on Tuesday morning at 10:00am. I'll road-trip it out on Monday, pick my baby up Tuesday morning, and be back in Colorado before wednesday so I only have to take 2 days off work.

Lisa (my MA) said my MINI came in on the third truck today so they'll be prepping my car on Monday to have it ready on Tuesday morning.

Can't wait to see the pics of your new baby Laurie!

Old 08-27-2005, 03:00 PM
BearsMCS
2nd Gear
If you thought the wait was long up to now, a new agonizing "wait" until Monday will seem like forever....

Bear

Old 08-27-2005, 04:54 PM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Can't wait to see the pics of your new baby Laurie!
Ask and you shall receive. I couldn't figure out how to get them in the post so you will need to check out my Gallery.

BBoy, I put the picture of you baby in my gallery. I could not PM you with an attachment, sorry.

I have also included a pic of all 15 new arrivals waiting to be sent to Baron for there first meetings with new moms and dads.

Even if I can't pick mine up until Monday, at least I know where it is and it only takes me 5 minutes to get there from home!

Quick Reply: Future MCS owner in Kansas