1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Future MCS owner in Kansas

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 06:07 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Laurie, your MINI is Beautifull!

And thanks for taking a picture of mine too!

And here's all 15 new MINI's lined up and waiting:

They're still wrapped in plastic waiting anxiously to be cleaned up and released into the wild!

Old 08-29-2005, 09:29 AM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Only 3 1/2 hours until I take delivery of my new MINI :smile:

Has time stopped for everyone or is it just me???

Old 08-30-2005, 05:55 PM
ddminikc
2nd Gear
I remember the feeling So how did it go?

Old 08-30-2005, 08:21 PM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ddminikc
I remember the feeling So how did it go?
Everything went well. Got to Baron at about 3 pm and left with the MINI at 5 pm. When I got there I had this very anxious feeling that I haven't felt in a long time. I had to wait for Gabe to check on the car and couldn't even sit down. I had to stand and move around. I didn't get any freebies when I took delivery. I did not even get the MINI Mints in my glovebox. I am working on blackmailing Gabe however. I told him I would make sure he got a perfect score on the customer survey if he could get me a glove box organizer.

I did a little driving to get to know the MINI. Had a couple of nice peel outs on some hills. Getting used to a manual transmission again is fun! I am so scared when I get stopped on hills that I will roll back into someone that I am a little heavy on the gas. Oh well. Drove around town a little and then had to get on the interstate to open it up a bit. Wow, 90mph sure does come very easily. I think I will need to watch myself very carefully so I don't get any tickets.

The MINI (that is what it is called in my house, I am not a car naming kind of gal) had 8 miles on it when I picked it up. I believe it now has 70 or so after 29 hours of ownership. I know, I should be ashamed of myself for not being a better motorer, but I did have to go back to work sooner or later.

I am planning on taking The MINI on a little road trip this weekend up to Iowa to visit my family. It is about 800 miles round trip. I want to get that break in period over as soon as possible.

I have already decided that I must order a Euro Parcel Tray for the extra storage. I think I will also be installing an Aux. input jack at the same time for my MP3 player. The only other thing that I know I want to do is get the windows tinted. That will be the first thing I do, probably next weekend.

Now that I actually have The MINI, I believe it was worth the wait. I will now probably be spending a little less time on the computer and more time motoring.

Old 08-31-2005, 05:21 PM
ddminikc
2nd Gear
Those are exactly the items I added after purchase. I think the parcel shelf is the best purchase a MINI owner can make. The glove box organizer is handy and does keep your stuff from falling out when you open it. I will never buy another car without having the windows tinted. It helps so much with the AC, not to mention it looks great.

Happy Motoring