1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Future MCS owner in Kansas

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 08:24 PM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Future MCS owner in Kansas

Okay, so I have been "lurking" here on the boards for a few weeks now. I have been learning alot of interesting things about the MINI that have been very helpful. Some of these items are good to know before hand so you don't get caught off guard later.

I am just so impatient about the waiting it is killing me . I know that I am not alone in my suffering. My order was placed at Baron MINI on June 25th. I have yet to get any status other than "Scheduled for production with no confirmed production date" From what I can gather from my MA and ASK MINI, it looks like it should start production the first week in August. I'll just have to bide my time by going up to Baron, taking test drives and keeping up to date on NAM. :smile:

Anyway, I just wanted to make my first post and say "hello".

Old 07-20-2005, 11:29 PM
minihoopercooper
3rd Gear
well, laurie - you're not in kansas anymore - you're in the land of mini people now! enjoy and welcome to nam - luckily when i bought pepe it was love at first sight at the dealership so i got to take him home that day - don't know how i'll take it when i do place an order (in a few years) but at least i'll have pepe so it shouldn't be so bad!

Old 07-20-2005, 11:47 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Hey Laurie!

I too ordered my MCS at Baron MINI in KC and I believe mine will be going into production arround the same time (ASK MINI said week 31). Looks like our MINIs might end up being ship-mates .

I live in Colorado but decided to order from Baron since their wait is actually shorter than the wait at Ralph Schomp in Denver .

Anyway, give us all the nitty gritty details on your MINI!

Old 07-21-2005, 06:41 AM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BBoy

I too ordered my MCS at Baron MINI in KC and I believe mine will be going into production arround the same time (ASK MINI said week 31). Looks like our MINIs might end up being ship-mates .
BBoy, I actually called ASK MINI this a.m. and spoke with a person and he told me week 31. We very well might be ship mates.

As for details, I ordered Purple Haze MCS with Space Gray/Panther Black seats, Anthracite trim, cold weather pkg, front fog lamps, mirrors/roof in body color and the premium pkg. I have been doing some research and I will probably also install the Euro Parcel Shelf and auxillary audio jack after delivery.

I have already received a MINI keychain and a decal for the rear window off of E-bay. I thought they would ease the wait, but they don't help.

Old 07-21-2005, 11:36 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Nice choice on the PH. Very rare (not many people get them!).

I'll be heading out to KC to meet my MA (Lisa) this weekend. Yeah, this wait is killing me. I'm hoping the estimated delivery date they gave me of "the end of September" turns out to be the end of August, but we'll see...

Let's hear it for the last of the 05's!!!

Old 07-22-2005, 06:15 AM
Laurie
2nd Gear
I'm hoping the estimated delivery date they gave me of "the end of September" turns out to be the end of August, but we'll see...
When I ordered mine with my MA Gabriel, he quoted me a middle to late August time frame. On my order confirmation that I received after they placed my order it has several references to August. I think maybe the dealers only get so many alloted to them per month.

Hopefully if we do have the same build week they will end up ship mates. Then when they arrive at Baron I could take some pictures of your "baby" for you since you are in Colorado.

Old 07-22-2005, 06:18 AM
MartyR
5th Gear
Hi Laurie,

At least you're not in Concordia. My soon-to-be in-laws live there, and I can't imagine many places more dull than that.

HOWEVER...congrats on your upcoming acquisition!!! No matter where you are, you are sure to enjoy that MINI! May your new baby take you places far and wide...

Marty

Old 07-26-2005, 11:48 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Laurie
Hopefully if we do have the same build week they will end up ship mates. Then when they arrive at Baron I could take some pictures of your "baby" for you since you are in Colorado.
That'll be awesome! Mine will be the HB/W one .

I just got back from KC. I got to stop by Baron for a couple minutes and meet Lisa and Jackie. I didn't get to meet Gabriel. Baron is a very nice dealership! Very Classy! Given the environment I almost expected a negative reaction from the staff since I broght several rather unkempt friends of mine in with me, but they were very friendly and professional. They even let me take out their MCS for a few minutes to help hold me over this painfull wait .

I'll be back out there on a moments notice once I get the call!

Old 07-27-2005, 06:16 AM
Laurie
2nd Gear
They even let me take out their MCS for a few minutes to help hold me over this painfull wait .
Did you drive the red 2004 40th Anniversary MCS? That was the first one I test drove. Then I drove it again when I had to bring my sister, who was visiting, to the dealership to prove to her that the car is not "impractical". She is just jealous because she has kids and does daycare and has to drive a minivan.

:smile: :smile: Today I got the great news!!! I called ASK MINI first thing when I got to work and the recording actually said IN PRODUCTION!!! I was caught off guard since it always says scheduled for production. Anyway, I talked to a customer rep and he said it started yesterday, 7/26, and is scheduled to be completed 8/4/05. As if I wasn't already excited, now it is 10 times worse.

I hope yours starts the "birthing" process soon as well.

Old 07-27-2005, 06:38 AM
planeguy
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM Laurie!

Be sure to check out the www.kcminiacs.org forum this is where all of us locals and sort of locals coordinate our big MINI meet-ups. The enthusiasts are what sold me for sure on the car. I went to Baron in Jan 03 to test drive and order and the KC mini enthusiasts were having their first meeting. Gabe had me join them and It was then I realized the sort of community I was about to join. 2 and half years later I am sooooooo glad that I bought a MINI because I can't imagine spending 25k on a car and seeing another car like it on the way home from work everyday, knowing that because every one else bought the same car as me that my resale is already half of what I paid....yuck! My MINI is a fairly common spec but there isn't another like it that I have seen in Wichita yet

Old 07-27-2005, 07:01 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Laurie! So you're MINI is in production...that's super!! Waiting for a MINI does tend to test the limits of one's sanity. I expect you'll have some crazy days ahead. Hanging out w/ other MINI owners does help. Picking up the odd MINI accessory or detailing supplies may help, too. In the end, though, frayed nerves are unavoidable....and only those in the MINI community will truly understand both your plight. Fortunately, the story has an extremely a happy ending...soon your baby will be here and you will begin you own motoring adventure. That is sweet!!!!

Old 07-27-2005, 07:25 AM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jds
Picking up the odd MINI accessory or detailing supplies may help, too.
I have been spending my time waiting with buying accessories! I have been on e-bay buying floor mats, a key chain and a decal for the rear window. It has helped somewhat, but now I want the car even more so I can use all the stuff I bought!

I have read enough posts here at NAM to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel and my baby will soon be with me. But until then, .

Old 07-27-2005, 10:12 PM
ylwjkt
3rd Gear
Congratulations on your pending arrival. :smile:

Hopefully you will be able to show off your new baby at the
rally in September. The details are on the website previously
mentioned - be sure to ask Gabe for the details!

You are more than welcome to attend the club meeting August
3rd at Jason's Deli, 91 and Metcalf. At least you can hang
out for awhile with some fellow MINI fanatics!

Old 07-27-2005, 10:22 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Did you drive the red 2004 40th Anniversary MCS?
Yup, that's the one! Kinda cool to be able to try out the 18" wheels. It was a very bare-bones model. I liked it, but definitely noticed that it was slower at the line than the 2005 I test-drove in Denver. Also, it had a slightly rough idle... a problem I hope they've fixed in the 2005's. In any case, it was awesome to be able to Motor around the block in KC. Even if it was only for 15 minutes .

:smile: :smile: Today I got the great news!!! I called ASK MINI first thing when I got to work and the recording actually said IN PRODUCTION!!! I was caught off guard since it always says scheduled for production. Anyway, I talked to a customer rep and he said it started yesterday, 7/26, and is scheduled to be completed 8/4/05.
That's awesome! I just called again, and mine still has no date. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I keep changing my mind and having Lisa modify my order. Perhaps I've been labled as "indecisive" so they've pushed me back to the end of the week. . Hopfully not! In any case, if your week 31 is going into production, I'm sure mine will too any day now!

Old 07-28-2005, 07:00 AM
Laurie
2nd Gear
I just called again, and mine still has no date. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I keep changing my mind and having Lisa modify my order. Perhaps I've been labled as "indecisive" so they've pushed me back to the end of the week. . Hopfully not! In any case, if your week 31 is going into production, I'm sure mine will too any day now!
I also called Gabe a couple of times about possibly changing my order. In the end I didn't make any changes. I was even going to call him on Wednesday to see if it was too late to change something but I didn't call. Good thing since it started production that day. :smile: Hopefully you will get some good news about yours soon.

Today's check of the OL provided me with my VIN!!!!!!! My MINI is moving right along. I tried to call ASK MINI but the computer was being updated. Hopefully when I get a chance to call back they can update me on what stage my MINI is in production.

I beleive my excitement for the arrival of my MINI is transferring over to my sleep now. I have been having some very weird dreams about my future MINI and my current vehicle.

Old 07-28-2005, 07:29 AM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Just called Ask MINI and my MINI is in Production!

The guy said it started last night and will be finished on Aug 5th 2005. It must've started just after I called late last night.

When I asked him for a status code, he said "we don't offer status codes". How'd everyone else get theirs?

Whatever, either way, I'm just stoked about my MINI finally making it's way through the "birthing" process!

Old 07-28-2005, 07:43 AM
Laurie
2nd Gear
When I asked him for a status code, he said "we don't offer status codes". How'd everyone else get theirs?
I also asked for a status code the other day and he said he didn't know what I was talking about.

Where do people get these codes? (ie 151, 152, 153)

So, our MINI's may still be ship mates since mine is scheduled to be completed 8/4/05. :smile:

Old 07-28-2005, 04:32 PM
ddminikc
2nd Gear
It will be good to see a couple more MINIs around town, even if only occassionaly. That red special edition must be the only S they can keep for test drives, it is the same one I test drove 5 months ago.

Old 08-01-2005, 06:28 AM
Laurie
2nd Gear
My MINI started production on the 26th and still when I call ASK MINI all they tell me is it started production and will be completed 8/4. Today is the 1st and they still can't tell me what stage of production it is in.

What gives? Will it fly through all stages within just a few days? I am really hoping that it will be complete on the 4th so it can start the slow journey to the states.

Has anyone had a similiar experience tracking their production?

Old 08-01-2005, 07:51 AM
Aquasar
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ddminikc
It will be good to see a couple more MINIs around town, even if only occassionaly. That red special edition must be the only S they can keep for test drives, it is the same one I test drove 5 months ago.
That and they didn't sell very well. I have noticed in the Columbia SC paper there is a MC 40 (827/1000) for sell it's been listed for about 3 weeks they are asking $25.5 for it.

Art

Old 08-01-2005, 10:34 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Has anyone had a similiar experience tracking their production?
So far, I'm having the exact same experience, although the guy I spoke to this morning aluded to it possibly being done sooner...

Old 08-02-2005, 09:50 AM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Still no news today. ASK MINI can only tell me it started production. They say the actual production only takes 1-2 days. Hopefully it is true and it will be completed on the 4th. This is just so very not being able to get more information.

Old 08-02-2005, 10:18 AM
Aquasar
6th Gear
You will get a date that starts the production but also there is a date for painting and a date for final body assembly.Such as

21 April 04 0749 started production
27 April 04 Paint
30 April 04 Body Assembly
1 March 04 enroute to port

Art

Old 08-02-2005, 10:28 AM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Aquasar
You will get a date that starts the production but also there is a date for painting and a date for final body assembly.Such as
21 April 04 0749 started production
27 April 04 Paint
30 April 04 Body Assembly
1 March 04 enroute to portArt
I know that people have gotten these dates because I have read other posts. I thought I would get them too, I just haven't got any yet. I thought since 8/4 is scheduled completion I would have some of those dates by now.

I will just keep only good thoughts in my mind about the completion date. I know it will all be good. :smile: (someday)

Old 08-02-2005, 10:49 AM
BearsMCS
2nd Gear
Laurie,

So come and join the KCMINIACS for dinner tomorrow evening at Jason's Deli (91st and Metcalf). We are a friendly lot, and lots to see and touch. About 6PM or so. And no you don't have to have your MINI present to join us.

Bear

Quick Reply: Future MCS owner in Kansas