1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rats! Missed the boat

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 07:18 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rdelar01
Well, folks, I'm on MEDEA...arriving into Charleston on Monday, 8/29.
SWEET! That's the day I might get my MINI on if everything goes smoothly at the Chrarleston VDC on Monday!

I'm getting extreemley antsy now that I'm almost at the end of what has seemed to be an endless wait! I've got over 200 posts on this site without even having my MINI yet!

Old 08-19-2005, 03:04 PM
MINI Steve
4th Gear
Well, folks, I'm on MEDEA...arriving into Charleston on Monday, 8/29. If I haven't said it before, thanks to:

Mini Steve
ururk
mamarazzi
xxsml
itsdchz
murph27
BBoy

for letting me in on your waiting experience. You guys have made my wait memorable! Now, just 11 days to SC...
...welcome!
tick..tick..tick for you.

Here's hoping the Hurricanes of late summer hold off for you!

Old 08-20-2005, 03:51 PM
ururk
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Baby's first wash...

Thursday afternoon:

Glad to hear your MINI is being outfitted, Steve!

Old 08-23-2005, 09:39 AM
mamarazzi
4th Gear
I can't wait to see you MINI Steve!

I like your photo ururk. You've got a great car for refection shots.

Hey rdelar01, how are you doing?

Old 08-23-2005, 09:49 AM
MINI Steve
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ururk
Thursday afternoon: <wash pic>

Glad to hear your MINI is being outfitted, Steve!
Oooooooooooooo.... Pretty!

Bet it's all dirty again since this pic.
Sorry for the delay in responses. My local ISP had some weird problem that prevented me from reaching NAM. It's been going on since Saturday, but is now (obviously) resolved.

I was taken over to the service bay area by the Service Manager on Saturday (thanks Rob!) to see the car as it is being 'assembled' It'll be the only pictures of it in the factory-delivered condition (the JCW airbox was already in...)

The JCW Airbox is in. The injectors are in the white cardboard box in the upper right.

Old 08-23-2005, 10:13 AM
rdelar01
3rd Gear
Steve: Very, Very Sweet! How soon until they finish? EDIT: Nevermind....I read the rest of your signature....I was distracted by the MINI!

ururk: Do you provide mobile washing service? ...in Miami?

Mamarazzi: I'm on the boat, baby! Getin' sun on the Lido deck and checking out those sexy 6 series convertibles . I'm scheduled for Charleston on Monday.

Old 08-26-2005, 12:51 PM
Itsdchz
5th Gear
Finally picked up my Wife's MCSC!!!

Old 08-26-2005, 02:56 PM
murph27
1st Gear
Itsdchz

Very Nice........... the Mini looks great too.......

As for the Murphy's........"Jenks" is finally home...........

Old 08-29-2005, 07:45 AM
rdelar01
3rd Gear
Nice Pics!

Nice Pics!!!

MEDEA has docked in Charleston, and I have an EDD of 9/5! That has made up for my crappy weekend dealing with the aftermath of Katrina in South Florida. My thoughts and prayers go out to those in Louisiana...

Old 08-29-2005, 07:49 AM
ururk
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to see everyone got their MINIs! I took a look at my Vehicle Sticker - it appears my MINI unloaded in SC, and not NY!

It looks like these MINIs are all going to good homes!

John

Last edited by ururk; 08-29-2005 at 07:51 AM. Reason: cleared up a confusing sentence
Old 08-29-2005, 10:06 AM
jrock
1st Gear
Great looking MINIs, folks!!!

My MINI is currently sitting at Classic in Cleveland all ready for pickup on wednesday! Yay!!! :smile:

It shipped on the "Baltic Highway" and arrived in Charleston last wednesday.

Old 08-29-2005, 10:46 AM
MINI Steve
4th Gear
...and here's the final pics

Well this thread started off with me whining about mising a boat across the pond. Here's what I was pining for (not the fjords)

Thanks to all my MINI friends... old and new... that put up with this continuing soap opera.

Old 08-29-2005, 11:07 AM
rdelar01
3rd Gear
Steve:

WOW! She (or he) is a beaut! That BRG looks awesome in the sunlight! If you are willing drive to Beech Mountain the week after Christmas (I'll be vacationing there), I'll buy you a cold one!

Let's keep in touch!

Old 08-29-2005, 01:55 PM
murph27
1st Gear
MiniSteve

Very sharp! How does one mount a euro plate on the front of the Aero kit bumper? I have an Irish EU plate coming but I can't figure out how to mount it when it arrives..... here in Pennsylvania we do not have a front license plate............... if ya can aim me in the right direction I would appreciate it...

Old 08-29-2005, 02:59 PM
MINI Steve
4th Gear
Steve:

WOW! She (or he) is a beaut! That BRG looks awesome in the sunlight! If you are willing drive to Beech Mountain the week after Christmas (I'll be vacationing there), I'll buy you a cold one!

Let's keep in touch!
Thanks! we'll be in Augusta, GA that week, but I'll lift an extra and think of you

Old 08-29-2005, 03:06 PM
MINI Steve
4th Gear
Originally Posted by murph27
MiniSteve

Very sharp! How does one mount a euro plate on the front of the Aero kit bumper? I have an Irish EU plate coming but I can't figure out how to mount it when it arrives..... here in Pennsylvania we do not have a front license plate............... if ya can aim me in the right direction I would appreciate it...
Hmmm.. not very sophisticated. Use wide-thread, self-tapping screws and a universal Euro Plate mount (available from www.mattman-enterprises.com as well as many others). Line up carefully (I use the center hexagons on the Aero Grill aligned with the center-marks of the Euro Plate mount) I place it just below the thin grill and run in two screw, one each at the endpoints. This gives a slight wrap to the plate mount and the metal plates (or acrylic if you have one of these) easily conform. I think it makes a great look.

If for some reason you want to remove the whole thing in the future, there's a number of plate-hole-plug kits available on-line that will give you two 'buttons' of color-matching material to cover the two small holes.

My $.02
your mileage may vary...

Old 08-29-2005, 03:36 PM
mamarazzi
4th Gear
Nice looking MINIS!

Old 08-30-2005, 10:51 AM
droptopmini
2nd Gear
Great looking MINI's! Gotta love those convertibles. Mine should be loaded on the AIDA tomorrow and soon will be motoring as well. Have fun on the back roads.

Old 08-30-2005, 11:14 AM
MINI Steve
4th Gear
Originally Posted by droptopmini
Great looking MINI's! Gotta love those convertibles. Mine should be loaded on the AIDA tomorrow and soon will be motoring as well. Have fun on the back roads.
Avoid the hurricanes!!!!!!!

Old 08-30-2005, 11:22 AM
droptopmini
2nd Gear
Yes, hoping that the AIDA will not be seeing any of those. We just got through Katrina last night on it way by. The eye was about 35 miles west of us. It's still real windy outside right now. Luckily it was only a Tropical Storm and we had winds around 50+ with some higher gusts. Wind started about 8:30 last night and we are still getting some real good gusts right now. Not very much damage here. Trees down, some power out, small sheds gone, that sort of thing. Power was out at work until noon so I had a nice slow morning.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:34 AM
droptopmini
2nd Gear
Rats!! Missed the boat

Looks like I'm in the same boat as you were in the beginning. The AIDA sailed yesterday without my MINI being loaded. 250 others were loaded but not mine! Check my VIN late yesterday and they removed the booking for the AIDA and booked it on the OTTELO leaving in another 8 days and since this one was going via CANADA on it's way to the US it will take 14 days to get to the east coast. Now to make matters worse, I check on it this morning and I have found the the VIN is no longer registered with W&W. I guess my MINI will have to swim on it own.

Old 09-01-2005, 11:03 AM
MINI Steve
4th Gear
Looks like I'm in the same boat as you were in the beginning. The AIDA sailed yesterday without my MINI being loaded. 250 others were loaded but not mine! Check my VIN late yesterday and they removed the booking for the AIDA and booked it on the OTTELO leaving in another 8 days and since this one was going via CANADA on it's way to the US it will take 14 days to get to the east coast. Now to make matters worse, I check on it this morning and I have found the the VIN is no longer registered with W&W. I guess my MINI will have to swim on it own.
Sorry to hear about the missed AIDA, but take heart that your VIN is no longer on the WW system. This likely means it was assigned to a different carrier to get it to you sooner. Check this link http://www.kline.com/PCC-RoRo/schedu...ticshuttle.asp and you will see that FRANCONIA (she who brought me across the pond!) made her pick-up yesterday (08/31) and I would betcha that your bouncing baby is on board. That would put her in-port in Charleston on the 13th. and none of that Canadian business

Oh... that's just one day after AIDA

Old 09-01-2005, 11:10 AM
droptopmini
2nd Gear
That would make me most happy. Any way of knowing for sure? Is there a way to check the manifest as you can do with W&W?

Old 09-01-2005, 11:27 AM
MINI Steve
4th Gear
That would make me most happy. Any way of knowing for sure? Is there a way to check the manifest as you can do with W&W?
Nope... frustrating. It took about 3 days after she sailed and then the OL changed to say I was EN ROUTE. Since FRANCONIA was the only one away at the time, it was assumed. two days later, my MA was able to confirm the actual boat... that was a weird 5 days. There's a bunch of wacky stuff in this posting back about the 7th page going forward about the FRANCONIA including pictures

Old 09-01-2005, 11:30 AM
droptopmini
2nd Gear
Cool. I have followed this thread but will probably need to re-read those pages. I know there was a time you didn't know anything. I guess I'm in that waiting period now. At least it will be over a Holiday break. Going camping.

Quick Reply: Rats! Missed the boat