1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 06:07 PM
MiniBruiser
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by teej
Well I stopped by the dealer again today. They actually had two DS MCS'. The first with a white roof, but no white wheels. The other was a breathtaking DS with black roof, mirrors and stripes, and with the web spokes! Looked awesome! And it had the aero kit. If it had the LSD, I would have seriously considered getting it :smile: The black accents look good too! I can tell I'm going to be losing a lot of sleep in the coming months...
ohh, that sounds awesome!!! I ordered the web spokes as well.... what other options did it have? You might want to go take another look at it... your madness has just begun, believe me!! I assume they were selling for MSRP? I stopped by Crevier MINI today to get a fix. They had a Hyper Blue/Black/Black stripes like the one I want -- it looked soooo good. However, it belonged to one of the MA's...

Old 07-24-2005, 06:17 PM
teej
2nd Gear
It had the sport package, premium package, Harmon Kardon, Aero Kit, and armrest. I think thats it. I'm sure they'll sell it for MSRP. Hmm..do I really need LSD??

Originally Posted by MiniBruiser
ohh, that sounds awesome!!! I ordered the web spokes as well.... what other options did it have? You might want to go take another look at it... your madness has just begun, believe me!! I assume they were selling for MSRP? I stopped by Crevier MINI today to get a fix. They had a Hyper Blue/Black/Black stripes like the one I want -- it looked soooo good. However, it belonged to one of the MA's...

Old 07-24-2005, 06:26 PM
teej
2nd Gear
My MA is Walied. Did you order an 06? Like I said before, if you did, then the delivery timeframe Colin gave you is correct. Doesn't matter when you ordered because MINI is not going to start making the 2006's till September.

By the way, I spoke with Freddie at South Bay and he said that the MINIUSA website was supposed to be updated by 7pm yesterday (or maybe he said Friday). Thats what they were told by MINIUSA. I'm guessing that the 2006 info will be available on the website in the next day or two.

The JCW package went bye-bye for me too after finding out the price. But its still a good price (IMO) considering the components. Its basically like getting the package installed at your dealer, but with no labor cost. I just wish I could get the individual JCW components individually from the factory. Then I would considered just getting the engine upgrade.

Hey teej - thanks for your reply!

$6300? whoa, I think I'm going to pass!

I know how you feel about your neighbor getting the car you wanted... when I told my co-workers I'd put down my deposit, one of them went out and bought a MINI convertible about 3 days later. I guess I was the push he needed to do what he'd been thinking about. But now he has his and I'm waiting for 5 months!

Who is your MA at South Bay? Colin is mine. I'm wondering if I should give them another call since they gave you the same delivery time frame yet you went in 3 weeks after me -- EGADS! Good for you but makes me wonder! I guess maybe I might have just missed one month of allocations so my estimated window might be the same as people who got in line up to a month after me.... but, I ramble.

Thanks for your reply. I love Dark Silver too! Maybe our MINIs will be brothers.

Old 07-24-2005, 06:38 PM
MiniBruiser
1st Gear
My MA is Walied. Did you order an 06? Like I said before, if you did, then the delivery timeframe Colin gave you is correct. Doesn't matter when you ordered because MINI is not going to start making the 2006's till September.

By the way, I spoke with Freddie at South Bay and he said that the MINIUSA website was supposed to be updated by 7pm yesterday (or maybe he said Friday). Thats what they were told by MINIUSA. I'm guessing that the 2006 info will be available on the website in the next day or two.

The JCW package went bye-bye for me too after finding out the price. But its still a good price (IMO) considering the components. Its basically like getting the package installed at your dealer, but with no labor cost. I just wish I could get the individual JCW components individually from the factory. Then I would considered just getting the engine upgrade.
Well, Colin told me my car would be an '05.. so, as he said, I "would avoid any price increase." So you can see why I am befuddled here. Maybe he is the "new guy" at South Bay. Very nice guy though. I called him 2 weeks ago for an update and he didn't mention anything about the car now being an '06. However, I'm getting much better info by reading NAM and your posts! Thanks a bunch teej...maybe I will call Freddie if I can't get ahold of Colin...

Old 07-25-2005, 10:23 AM
teej
2nd Gear
Hmm that is strange. Did you get a hold of Colin or Freddie?

Well, Colin told me my car would be an '05.. so, as he said, I "would avoid any price increase." So you can see why I am befuddled here. Maybe he is the "new guy" at South Bay. Very nice guy though. I called him 2 weeks ago for an update and he didn't mention anything about the car now being an '06. However, I'm getting much better info by reading NAM and your posts! Thanks a bunch teej...maybe I will call Freddie if I can't get ahold of Colin...

Old 07-26-2005, 07:01 PM
MiniBruiser
1st Gear
Hmm that is strange. Did you get a hold of Colin or Freddie?
I called again and got both of their voicemails again, so I talked to Jennifer. She gave me a lot of good info. I am really on the list, after all!

They just got their allocation for Sept (2006) builds, and that includes my black-n-blue MINIBRUISER! She said it would be another week before I knew anything more, like what week in September mine would be built, but to expect a 7 week wait after that for production/delivery.

It's all good. Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to keep waiting! And not buy the Subaru STi in the meantime!! Oh, and if I want some of the new options for '06.. whether I can stand to wait until OCT production!

Old 07-27-2005, 09:02 AM
teej
2nd Gear
I just talked to Jennifer too. She said that all MINI dealers are having lots of problems with the "order bank" and that MINIUSA is trying to resolve them. Not exactly sure what that means, but she said that she is trying to get things rectified today.

She told me that there are 10 people ahead of me, along with 17 more since April (for the 2006s), so she's not sure if I will be in the September allocation. She said I will get an email from her or from MINI when its decided.

I called again and got both of their voicemails again, so I talked to Jennifer. She gave me a lot of good info. I am really on the list, after all!

They just got their allocation for Sept (2006) builds, and that includes my black-n-blue MINIBRUISER! She said it would be another week before I knew anything more, like what week in September mine would be built, but to expect a 7 week wait after that for production/delivery.

It's all good. Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to keep waiting! And not buy the Subaru STi in the meantime!! Oh, and if I want some of the new options for '06.. whether I can stand to wait until OCT production!

Old 07-27-2005, 09:48 AM
inmimini
2nd Gear
exsperiance

yea rain sensor is nice wish i had the auto dimmer too but i cut that one out. the jcw is way over rated the warrenty is the only thing they got goin to get people to get it. my car is already faster than that jcw crap. and spent half the money.
Hello hello! My first post and I must start by the well-deserved "Thank You" for all the information I have obtained from this site in my brief lurking history.

My wife and I stopped by our local SoCal dealer on the weekend of 4th of July and placed a deposit on an 06 MCS. That day our configuration looked as follows, which may change soon based partly on the feedback and suggestions I get here!

06 MCS
Dark Silver
Red/Black Interior
White roof, mirrors, stripes, and wheels (S-lites)
Anthracite dash
Premium Package
Sport Package
Convenience Package
LSD
Harmon Kardon
Aero Kit
Arm Rest
Aux Plug

Estimated delivery: End of October - Beginning of November

Now that we know more about the new colors, factory JCW, and price increases, its time to revisit the configuration. We have till the end of August to make any changes. Here are some of the issues/considerations/questions/concerns:

1. New colors: Since this is the final MY for this generation, part of me wants to get the new Royal Grey or Space Blue, but I'm still trying to figure out what the colors really look like based on the few pictures/sites out there. I think I'm leaning more towards the SB than the RG because it seems like the RG has a hint of green in it, which I don't like much. On the other hand, I do like the Dark Silver, but have also been contemplating the Chili Red lately!

2. The convenience package...hmm...do I really need an auto-dimming mirror and rain-sensing wipers, the wipers in particular since I'm in sunny Southern California?! Why not save a few dollars? I used to drive an 01 325i and liked the auto-dimming mirror, but its definitely not a necessity! And I don't even dim my mirror anymore (a manual one) in my current car.

3. Factory JCW: Way too much $, so not even considering it. Ran some numbers to see if we could get the JCW package and sacrifice some of the other options (the main one being the aero kit), but no luck. I do think personally that the JCW package price is good, but I wish I could get the JCW pieces a la carte from the factory to give us some more pricing room.

4. Based on our current options, the price for our 06 MCS will be $330 more than an 05, which is less than expected. Our salesperson mentioned that there is usually a 400-500 increase. We actually didn't know that the price already went up in the beginning of the year. That first hike is a mute point because we weren't ready to get our MINI then. But I must also add that I was expecting some of the options to become standard items for the 06 MY. Oh well...

5. Definitely thinking about cancelling the arm rest and aux plug options, because I should be able to install them myself. I am a bit concerned about the drilling part for the arm rest....do have to make some holes right? (Think I saw something about drilling in one of the online instruction manuals) For some reason, making holes in my MINI with my own inexperienced hands just doesn't sit right.

Phew! Feels good to let it all out! Must stop now, my first post is getting way too long!!

Old 07-27-2005, 09:50 AM
inmimini
2nd Gear
the arm rest

armrest look like it would be good but not nessasary i had it and i returned it dont miss having it at all
Thanks for the welcome! The armrest is not part of the premium package, at least it wasn't for the 05s, and I don't think thats changing for the 06s.

Old 07-27-2005, 11:00 AM
teej
2nd Gear
I saw the armrest at the dealer a couple of days and what I did not like about it was:
1. Hard to get to the seat adjustment on the right side (for the inclining adjustment I think...)
2. Hard to get to the cupholder in the back

The seat adjustment lever and the cupholder are in awkward positions to begin with. The armest just makes it harder. Its really narrow too. The only reason why I'm even thinking about getting it is because my wife wants it!

Originally Posted by inmimini
armrest look like it would be good but not nessasary i had it and i returned it dont miss having it at all

Old 07-27-2005, 11:01 AM
teej
2nd Gear
Yes, I think the warranty is a big factor. As of today I think I will leave the Convenience Package in. Thanks for your input!

Originally Posted by inmimini
yea rain sensor is nice wish i had the auto dimmer too but i cut that one out. the jcw is way over rated the warrenty is the only thing they got goin to get people to get it. my car is already faster than that jcw crap. and spent half the money.

Old 07-27-2005, 12:26 PM
MiniBruiser
1st Gear
I just talked to Jennifer too. She said that all MINI dealers are having lots of problems with the "order bank" and that MINIUSA is trying to resolve them. Not exactly sure what that means, but she said that she is trying to get things rectified today.

She told me that there are 10 people ahead of me, along with 17 more since April (for the 2006s), so she's not sure if I will be in the September allocation. She said I will get an email from her or from MINI when its decided.
Yeah, it is all a bit confusing. But I will just cling to the "September allocation" to keep me going another few weeks.... I should have asked how many MCS's they are typically allocated each month.

Hope I get an email next week or so....

Hang in there and I will too!

Old 07-27-2005, 12:38 PM
docross47
2nd Gear
Verts only

Originally Posted by goaljnky
First of all, the armrest is part of the premium package. Or did that change? Two, get the diming mirrors and the rain sensing wipers. I was just like you, didn' think I need them. But I found the car I wanted at the dealer and those were already installed. Love them. Great options. Very convinient. And I don't think I've heard anyone say anything negative about them yet.

And by the way. Welcome to NAM.
This is part of the package on Verts only

Old 07-27-2005, 10:38 PM
brgmaxmini
2nd Gear
... By the way, I spoke with Freddie at South Bay and he said that the MINIUSA website was supposed to be updated by 7pm yesterday (or maybe he said Friday). Thats what they were told by MINIUSA. I'm guessing that the 2006 info will be available on the website in the next day or two...
Has anyone seen 2006 info on the MiniUSA site yet? I'm still getting '05 info as of this evening.

Old 07-27-2005, 11:24 PM
teej
2nd Gear
Nope. I guess Freddie was wrong... I check every half an hour or so when I'm at work!

Originally Posted by brgmaxmini
Has anyone seen 2006 info on the MiniUSA site yet? I'm still getting '05 info as of this evening.