1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering 2006 MCS ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 06:16 PM
brgmaxmini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordering 2006 MCS ASAP!

I have finally got the ball rolling on ordering my MCS. Where I was previously looking for a 2005 BRG MCS w/ JCW engine & suspension, I am now looking at changing to Space Blue and going with the Checkmate Package, the Factory JCW, and the JCW suspension if still available for the 2006 models. My specs will be as follows:

2006 MCS Space Blue/Black Roof
Checkmate Package (w/ black decals)
Premium Package
Convenience Package
JCW Package (engine, brakes, LSD)
JCW Suspension
Harman Kardon/Sirrius
Chrome Line Interior (if avail. w/ Checkmate)
Rear Fog lamp
Factory Arm Rest
Cup holder, Glove Box Organizer, Euro Parcel Shelf, Floor Mats, etc.
Swap 17" Flame spokes for 16" SSR comps w/ Goodyear F1's

I like the darker look of the black with the dark blue. I was looking at the anthracite headliner with the 2005, but it was to have a darker overall interior, so I think I may go with the lighter standard headliner for the Checkmate interior (anthracite may not even be an option...).

I am awaiting responses from several dealers at the moment (I know this is a confusing time of newly released 2006 information), but hopefully will be able to lock down my order within the next week or so...

The exitement (and very long wait) begins!

Old 07-25-2005, 08:27 PM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 123 Likes on 108 Posts
My wife and I are also anxiously awaiting to put in our 2006 order. Our 2005 MCSC was already built and awaiting shipment when we decided to cancel and wait for a 2006 convertible in Pepper White (the dealer had no problem with us doing this). The 2005 is now due to arrive this week, and we will have to go through the entire waiting process again!

You've picked out a very nice package, but sorry to break the news that your selections will cause you to wait an extra month. Some items do not start production until October, including JCW, and the new packages and colors. By the way, I believe that JCW suspension will remain a dealer-installed option.

Old 07-25-2005, 09:11 PM
morknmini
6th Gear
Perhaps you should delay changing your NAM handle. You wouldn't be the only one to change your mind about color at the last moment. Congratulations though on the fine specifications list.

Old 07-25-2005, 10:04 PM
brgmaxmini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by rkw
You've picked out a very nice package, but sorry to break the news that your selections will cause you to wait an extra month. Some items do not start production until October, including JCW, and the new packages and colors. By the way, I believe that JCW suspension will remain a dealer-installed option.
Yeah, I've been on Motoringfile.com at least twice a day lately looking for 2006 updates, so I am aware of the October thing. My hope at this point is that October is accurate, and I can secure as early as possible a build date for my options selections. Thanks for the replies!

Old 07-27-2005, 10:13 PM
brgmaxmini
2nd Gear
I got ahold of a '2006 Mini Cooper S Order Form' today from one of the dealers I am in contact with, and I now have more issues...

Per the form, as I read it, Space Blue is only listed as available with either body color or silver roof/mirror caps. No space blue/black . Now I may be back to BRG/B with sport package and no Checkmate package. Sport package was only for the 17" wheels neccessary for the factory JCW (because of brake clearance).

Checkmate package is listed on the form I have without the Xenon's (motoringfile listed them as part of the package). It comes wth DSC, Checkmate seats, dash and steering wheel, 17" flame spokes, front fogs, and roof/mirror caps/logos in either silver or black. Price is $2200, available 10/05. I don't know if the xenon's are included or not, I am just posting some preliminary info here from a dealer for those who are interested...

On a side note, there is a nice closeup of the flame-spoke wheels on the UK website (there is a link on Motoringfile.com to the site), and they look much better closeup than in all the small pics of them I have seen.

JCW is not listed was not on the form, but was quoted by the dealer as being tentatively available 10/05 at a cost of $6340 for engine, brakes and LSD.
I will be trying to get my order in in the next few days to at least secure an early build date for my '06.

Old 07-29-2005, 02:40 PM
brgmaxmini
2nd Gear
My 2006 has morphed back into a BRG 2005, but it is coming soon! See:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=47927