1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello all...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 09:28 AM
Suzannne
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all...

As a new PW/PW 05' MC owner, I felt the need to say hello! You all seem like a rather enthusiastic bunch, and I'm glad to join you. I took delivery of my MC on July 25th, from Long Beach MINI, with the following: Premium, Cold Weather, Anthracite Dash, Anthracite Headliner, Spoiler, Sport Seats, chrome line int, black leatherette.

I will be adding black bonnet stripes, armrest, chrome mirror caps in the next week or so as well.

I was heckled by some friends for not getting an MCS, however you must understand this is my first 5-speed, ever. I learned on a Nissan Frontier in all of three lessons and now driving my MINI is a joy after that! Maybe a few years down the road I'll be able to handle an MCS.

My b/f and I are taking the car for a bit of a breaking in...a 7 day roadtrip through central and northern california, 1000 miles roundtrip, taking a nice long drive down PCH on the way home. Wish us luck!

Old 07-27-2005, 09:47 AM
rollermonkey
2nd Gear
Congrats on the New Cooper! Sounds like a beautiful thing. I can't think of a better way to break in your MINI , that is a beautiful drive, take a few photos to share!

Old 07-27-2005, 10:01 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats!!! And I can't think of a better way to break the new machine in - great choice of roads.... Gotta love that PCH...

Donna
02' CR/W MCS (gone to MINI heaven - burned up)
05' Cool Blue MCSC "Ariel"
05' HB/W MCS "Gizmo"

Old 07-27-2005, 10:37 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Hi Suzannne...welcome to NAM! Yes, we are an enthusiastic bunch, but it's not our fault, you see. MINIs are quite capable of awakening the motoring enthusiast within any of us. In fact, perhaps it's not that we're so enthusiastic, it's just that most cars out there lull people into a kind of automotive slumber. Not so w/ MINIs, though...not at all. I'm sure you're finding out about this first hand.

Your Cooper sounds awesome...I'll bet PW/PW w/ anthracite is very, very nice. Sport seats also a good choice. I recommend disregarding the heckling about getting a Cooper. These cars are quite capable (surprisingly...no...shockingly so) while at the same time getting very decent fuel economy. I'd bet Coopers are a perfect match for 90% of the owners out there, but the hp thing is just so drilled into our brains over here we just can't see things straight sometimes. (...nothing against you crazy 10% though...go for it!!!) My advise? Never underestimate the motoring prowess of a Cooper!!

Following your break-in period, I really recommend exploring and experimenting with the best way to drive your Cooper...to use the power you have available in the most efficient and effective manner in various motoring situations. This can be a real eye-opener and will dramatically optimize the enjoyment you get out of your car. I think it's generally agreed upon around here...this is the best mod of all! And, when it comes to this, MINIs are so, so willing to comply. I swear each MINI has secret super powers...the owner just has to discover them and put them to use. Makes for some highly engaging motoring which is a total blast!!!

Old 07-27-2005, 10:44 AM
morknmini
6th Gear
Great color combo--mellow white on the outside and dark greys on the inside. I think love the effect of the stripes. The Coopers bonnet is more aerodynamically sloped than the MCS and the stripes really accentuate that! Have a great trip. I used to drive up and down Highway 1 a lot, but now I can only drive up but not down. Too scary for me driving on the ocean side around Big Sur. Gotta enjoy it when you're young. Have fun.

Old 07-27-2005, 10:52 AM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Hi, Suzanne! Welcome to the cult!

Love your specs! Have a great time on the break-in roadtrip. What a lovely way to get to know your new MINI! So, which gender is your new baby and have you named "it" yet?

Clover

Old 07-27-2005, 11:05 AM
teej
2nd Gear
Congrats! And good luck on your drive!! I moved to Southern California a few months ago, and really need to do some more driving up north on PCH. But I love my daily commute - PCH and Malibu Canyon Road! But alas, I dont have my MINI yet...

Old 07-27-2005, 11:09 AM
Moskito
5th Gear
Congrats on your new MC and also on the cool trip you have planned.
Remember your gallery here would be perfect for those pics you hopefully will be taking.
Happy motoring.
Herbert

Old 07-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Suzannne
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIclo
Hi, Suzanne! Welcome to the cult!

Love your specs! Have a great time on the break-in roadtrip. What a lovely way to get to know your new MINI! So, which gender is your new baby and have you named "it" yet?

Clover
Yes, his name is Alexander. I will post pictures as soon as possible, but as of right now, I consider him quite naked without his bonnet stripes!

Old 07-27-2005, 03:01 PM
chows4us
6th Gear
Congrats

... on your purchase and remember, More MCs are sold than MCSs so you are in the MAJORITY... most people here are in the MINORITY

Road Trip is Good!