1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts of Checkered Flag MINI, VA Beach

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 02:21 PM
G8RMNI
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thoughts of Checkered Flag MINI, VA Beach

I want to learn your thoughts/experiences/opinions on Checkered Flag MINI in Virginia Beach, VA.

Which sales person do you recommend? Did you get a fair price? Would you buy there again?

Old 07-27-2005, 02:44 PM
Nvadrs
1st Gear
My Mini Motoring Advisor was October Kolby. She was very knowledgeable and extremely pleasant to work with! She took care of all my questions immediately before and after purchase.
Since I had to special order my car, I paid the same price as everyone else, retail.
One of my employees worked with a gentleman named Brian. I also spoke with him when October was on vacation. He was also extremely nice and helpful.

Frank the Mini Service Manager is very easy to work with concerning JCW or Dinan mods. He'll return your call directly with any information on any question you have.

I'm very comfortable with my dealership's ability to service my car!

And I'm very picky since my company does communications and emergency vehicle services!

Old 07-27-2005, 08:42 PM
BartMack
6th Gear
I would rate the sales dept as good, and the service dept as excellent.

I've bought 3 MINIs from them over the last 3 years, 2 MCs and finally an 05 MCS. My favorite salesman was Graham, but he's not there any longer.
He was definitely the standard to judge by.

I did have some coordination difficulties with dealer-installed options on my 05, most notably the aero kit, which went very badly, but eventually got solved to my liking. Apart from that experience, all the sales have gone smoothly, and I would recommend them.

Frank, the MINI service advisor, won best in the entire US based on customer ratings. He's a great guy. The head MINI tech is very good too (I've forgotten his name, but he's always taken time to answer all my questions in detail) I have confidence in them as doing quality work, which is good because at first you date the sales staff, but it's the service dept you end up marrying (that's speaking figuratively, of course )

thumbs up

Old 07-28-2005, 05:52 AM
LeeL
5th Gear
I also bought from Checkered Flag. Too bad to see that Graham is gone as he was my sales guy.

The experience was great and they we excellent to dela with over the phone (I'm about 3 hours away) and they seem to have a good allotment. I was able to get a car almost exactly 2 months after order and this was in November of 03.

Old 08-01-2005, 05:18 PM
AprilWhine
3rd Gear
I've bought two MINIs from Checkered Flag, an 02 MC and an 05 MCSC.

Sales was great on both purchases. But both of the sales members are gone now. Service used to be second to the sales team, but Frank has turned that around. He's a great guy to work with and seems to genuinely care.

I have to say I would recommend CF.