1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New MCSC on order

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 06:33 PM
UUNetBill
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gr8 - no need to apologize - there is a lot of info to digest the first few weeks you're on NAM - the a is for automatic. Mini Cooper S Convertible automatic - I believe there's a cheat sheet on here somewhere, I'll see if I can find a link to it.

Edit: Link to cheat sheet: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=43877

Originally Posted by Gr8Force
UUNetBill - Sorry to get newbie on you but what's the a for in MCSCa?

Old 08-04-2005, 08:43 PM
creeker
4th Gear
MCS Shipping Tomorrow!!

Woo Hooo! My MSC is scheduled to be shipped out tomorrow!!! It arrived at Southampton on July 26th and I checked the WW web site today and..... surprise... I found some detailed shipping info saying that my car is booked and ready to leave tomorrow! (fingers tightly crossed)

My 11y.o. son and I are flying from Santa Cruz to Cleveland to pick up the car (saved me $3500 on markup fees). Because I bought my plane tickets a while ago, we will probably be camping out in a hotel room for a couple of days waiting for the car to be transported from Charlston to Cleveland. The dealer has to prep the car, bolt on the 2 sets of driving lights. All I have to do is sign the papers and away we go.

We are heading to Atlantic City, will check out the ocean, turn the car west and have fun driving and camping all the way home. Now the hard part begins, waiting for the next 2 weks to pass.

26 July - The MCS' birthday
27 July - Arrived at Southampton
5 August - Scheduled shipping date <<<<< we are here
16 August - Arrival in Charleston
17 August - Fly to Cleveland
19 August - Motoring!

I wish all of you the best at getting your cars as quick as possible.

Old 08-05-2005, 12:51 PM
droptopmini
2nd Gear
Update on my MINI order

Okay. So I ordered on July 18th and dealer said about 6 weeks. Have been getting nothing but "on order, scheduled for production" for 2+ weeks. Contacted my MA and he said 2 days ago that it would go into production this week. Called ASK MINI today and they said I still have no production date but it looks to be scheduled for week 33?! Does it sound normal that my MINI is on order for 28+ days before going into production? There is no doubt that my MINI will be one of the last 2005's to roll out. I've heard elsewhere that the first 2006 MINI is scheduled to roll out Sept 5th? I guess I'm just too impatient but when I hear guys who ordered July14-17th and getting production started dates of this week and next week it makes me wonder why my car is delayed. Maybe it is the options I selected?

Old 08-05-2005, 12:57 PM
rdelar01
3rd Gear
It could be an issue with you dealer's allocation for convertables for that month...

Old 08-05-2005, 01:03 PM
droptopmini
2nd Gear
Nope. Still had two for the month including mine. In fact they modified a Blue MCSC that was already in the pipeline and was supposed to bump me up in line.

Old 08-05-2005, 01:15 PM
rdelar01
3rd Gear
That sucks . Hopefully when you call on Monday, they'll tell you that it is in production (that happened to me this week). Today, I received my VIN.

Old 08-05-2005, 03:27 PM
droptopmini
2nd Gear
Well, I won't be counting on it. I have seen about 3 cars already in different forums which orders were placed on July 18th-20th and they have their production dates and have started production already this week. I think I'm going to just take a step back and forget about looking at anything for a week or so and try again. I'm just getting depressed seeing everyone pass me up on the production line. So about the time that you guys are being loaded on the ship I'll be checking again.

Old 08-05-2005, 04:23 PM
MINI Steve
4th Gear
Originally Posted by droptopmini
...I'm just getting depressed seeing everyone pass me up on the production line. So about the time that you guys are being loaded on the ship I'll be checking again.
I waited nearly two weeks in port for a ship to load me. Maybe they'll all get built first and you'll just cruise out of the factory and straight on to the same ship with all these upstarts

Old 08-05-2005, 05:39 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
It all has to do with dealer allocations. Each production number they have has a week # assigned to them, so in essence, all MINIs are "in the pipeline" waiting to be modified before they are sold. That week number can be changed by one week forward/backward, or perhaps even more if there's a supply problem. It sounds like yours got pushed back a week . If a dealer doesn't sell one of their allocated MINIs before it goes into production, it'll still be built and shipped to be sold on their lot, or to be test-driven.

In any case, most dealers sell all cars in their allocation quick, so as soon as they have a new allocation set (new production numbers to give out), they'll put people on them. I believe they get those numbers about 2 months before they actually go into production, so it's perfectly normal to wait over a month, or even up to two months before your MINI goes into production. The people who are "passing you up" are probably bennifiting from the majority of buyers in their area wanting to wait a little longer for the '06's, hence freeing up some of the dealer's immediate allocations.

Anyway... I'm sorry you're getting pushed back a week... that sucks . But hey! Look on the bright side! At least there wasn't a waiting list at your dealership to order! In Colorado if you want a MINI, you have to sit on a waiting list for 3 months, then order, then wait annother 3 to get your car! That's why I ordered out of a neighboring state .

Fear not! Your MINI will come! And you'll see how worth it this whole painfull process is! :smile:

Old 08-05-2005, 06:14 PM
Bad S
2nd Gear
Picking up my CR/W MCS tomorrow!!!!

That's right folks after what seemed several years of waiting ( Only a couple of months really) I will be picking mine up tomorrow at Baron Mini in KC. This is of course a four hour drive due in part that I live in a state that at present doesn't have a Mini dealership at all! I will be sure to post some pics as soon as I can stop driving it long enough to turn the computer back on.

BTW WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :smile: :smile:

Old 08-05-2005, 07:00 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Bad S
That's right folks after what seemed several years of waiting ( Only a couple of months really) I will be picking mine up tomorrow at Baron Mini in KC. This is of course a four hour drive due in part that I live in a state that at present doesn't have a Mini dealership at all! I will be sure to post some pics as soon as I can stop driving it long enough to turn the computer back on.

Awesome!!! Let us know how your delivery experience is! Laurie and I will be taking delivery from Baron sometime soon as we're both waiting in Southhampton now.

Bring your camera and take lots of pics!

Old 08-05-2005, 07:17 PM
Laurie
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Bad S

I am glad to see that Gabe took care of your problem and you are finally picking your MINI up. Gabe is also my MA. I plan on going by and seeing him tomorrow.

Just curious, where do you live that you don't have a dealership in your state?

Happy Motoring!