1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New '05 MCS is ordered!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 02:35 PM
brgmaxmini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New '05 MCS is ordered!

I've ordered and have a production number for my 2005 MCS. I'd been looking at a 2006, but the color combo I wanted was not available. Also, JCW production dates are not locked in, and I did not want to get stuck waiting until January for my car. The 2006 would have been a bit better deal, although slightly more expensive, as it would have included the JCW brakes, DSC & 17" wheels for only $800 more. As I was not interested in the DSC or 17's (I think the 16" v-spokes will have a better re-sale value than the S-lites when it comes to my future wheel upgrade.), I went with the '05.

Specs for the '05 are as follows

2005 MCS
BRG/B
JCW Engine & Susp.
LSD
Prem. & Conv. Pkgs
Chrome Line Interior
Anthracite dash & HL
Space Gray Cloth Seats
Arm Rest
Xenons
F & R fogs
Aux Gauges (below toggles)
Euro Parcel Shelf
HK/Sirrius
Misc. Odds & Ends (floormats, cupholder, etc.)

I'll be changing out the stock V-spoke wheels for SSR comps sometime after getting the vehicle. I ordered from Julie at Classic Mini, and will be doing a road trip for pickup in late september/early october. Julie's service was second to none, with a good price for my configuration, and pretty fast turn around on the car as well. Prices from local dealers were somewhat higher, e-mail response was much slower, and turn around was not even close from most of the dealers I communicated with.

Now the wait begins...

Old 07-29-2005, 06:48 PM
morknmini
6th Gear
Congratulations. Julie of Classic was very responsive when I ordered mine, but I have never met her. That should be a fun road trip. So are you sure you have settled on BRG?

Old 07-29-2005, 07:50 PM
emoore
2nd Gear
Congrats! I also ordered from Julie at Classic. PW/B. I will be picking it up first week in September and driving it back to Silicon Valley.

Old 07-29-2005, 08:06 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Love the spec! Sounds like quite the badass MINI! Welcome to the longest wait of your life... until it's over .

Old 07-30-2005, 12:30 AM
brgmaxmini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by morknmini
Congratulations. Julie of Classic was very responsive when I ordered mine, but I have never met her. That should be a fun road trip. So are you sure you have settled on BRG?
Yes, Julie has been great, and yes I have settled on BRG for my color. I was looking at this color all along until the '06s came along, and I thought I might go with the new blue. However, as stated previously, its not available with a black roof, and also, the more pictures I saw of it, the less I liked it. A bit too greyish or even towards a blue-grey-green tint (I can't describe my dislikes other than to say that they are there for Space Blue...) I know I have not seen it in person, but the nearest dealer is an hour and a half away with traffic.

On a side note, I did like the look of the Royal Grey and silver roof of the Park Lane model. This looks sharp, but I want a little more color.

BRG I have seen a lot of, but fortunately most are with white roofs . Something about mini ownership that makes you want to stand out from the rest...

Old 07-30-2005, 08:31 AM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
Good options, I would take the aero package, because eventually you will put it on, trust me

Old 07-30-2005, 09:56 AM
brgmaxmini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ariercetinberk
Good options, I would take the aero package, because eventually you will put it on, trust me
Actually I prefer the look without the full aero package, though I am considering modifying just the upper and lower grills to the ones included with the aero package.

Old 07-30-2005, 11:51 AM
morknmini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by brgmaxmini
Something about mini ownership that makes you want to stand out from the rest...
I'm impressed you were able to figure that our prior to purchase. I thought I would be very pleased to have bought mine and not have to consider anything about cars for a few years. But every time I approach my MINI (not when I am inside it or walking away) I wonder what I could do to "personalize" it just a bit. I wonder if this is similar to having a pet?

PS: I also agree with your choice of modifying the front grills with aero inserts instead of having the full kit.