1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is your MINI on AIDA?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 08:56 PM
STLMINI
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AIDA HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!... uh, i mean, new york.

Old 08-14-2005, 07:08 AM
creeker
4th Gear
I've been searching through the postings and I don't see any way to track AIDA into Baltimore....

Old 08-14-2005, 07:19 AM
creeker
4th Gear
AIDA Delayed

The AIDA has been delayed by a day and is now sceheduled to arrive in Charleston on the 17th of August.

Boy o boy, my road trip schedule is soooo tight and this delay might begin to cause me some problems......

Here's the latest AIDA info from the WW site this morning

Old 08-14-2005, 07:48 AM
STLMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by creeker
I've been searching through the postings and I don't see any way to track AIDA into Baltimore....
i dont think as a non-paying viewer of the site you can actually track the ship. so once it left new york, unless you want to pay for the site (£995), the site is no longer useful for us.

Old 08-14-2005, 09:50 AM
classpro
2nd Gear
This means MY car should be in dry land in New Jersey. Wonder how long it will take to load it on a truck and drive it to Buffalo? MiniUSA still says "in route" not "at distribution center," but now lists an estimated delivery date of 8/20/05. MiniUSA has always been behind (by two to four days). Do they work weekends at the vehicle distribution centers?

Old 08-14-2005, 02:55 PM
creeker
4th Gear
Originally Posted by classpro
This means MY car should be in dry land in New Jersey. Wonder how long it will take to load it on a truck and drive it to Buffalo? MiniUSA still says "in route" not "at distribution center," but now lists an estimated delivery date of 8/20/05. MiniUSA has always been behind (by two to four days). Do they work weekends at the vehicle distribution centers?
Let me know what you find out about the distribution center being open on weekends because my car is about to be processed by the distribution center in 3 days!!!

Also upload some pictures. We want to see what an ADIA alum looks like!!!!

Old 08-14-2005, 03:21 PM
mdreuben
2nd Gear
You can check the info at the Port of Charleston here:

http://www.port-of-charleston.com/vessel_schedule.asp

I'm assuming that our cars are still going to Charleston? Is there a chance they are being processed in NY?

Old 08-14-2005, 03:32 PM
STLMINI
6th Gear
the charleston site shows our arrival still the 16th. what are we gonna do when we finally get our cars? we'll have nothing to do but.... MOTOR! WOO HOO!

Old 08-14-2005, 05:06 PM
classpro
2nd Gear
Creeker: I went to college in Santa Cruz. I have very fond memories of the place. This was 1979-82, which is why I'm not in a hurry to post any pictures . . .

The hours of operation do not list sunday, but I have no idea what actually happens. I suspect I'll be able to get more information early next week about the status of my car.

Old 08-14-2005, 06:15 PM
creeker
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mdreuben
You can check the info at the Port of Charleston here:

I'm assuming that our cars are still going to Charleston? Is there a chance they are being processed in NY?
I know my car is getting off at Charleston even though it would make more sense to get off in Baltimore (as least from a distance perspective). My car will be processed at the MINI VPC in Charleston then trucked to Cleveland.

When you look at the WW web site, is your car still listed on the AIDA? If not then you got off in NY and are being processed there. That would mean you have 3 or 4 days till you are motoring!!

Old 08-15-2005, 07:41 AM
classpro
2nd Gear
"When you look at the WW web site, is your car still listed on the AIDA? If not then you got off in NY and are being processed there. That would mean you have 3 or 4 days till you are motoring!!"

I wish that were true. I'm still showing up on theWW site with a NY destination on the AIDA. It does not show anything after "Loaded on Vessel" on August 5. Looks like theWW website is also behind. Miniusa also shows "in route." This is as of monday, 8/15. 866askmini had no information. Guess I'll have to call the dealer tomorrow.

Old 08-15-2005, 08:04 AM
mdreuben
2nd Gear
The AIDA left NY yesterday morning and is supposed to dock in Baltimore today. The WW schedule shows it arriving in Charleston on the 17th.

Old 08-15-2005, 03:32 PM
STLMINI
6th Gear
AIDA has left baltimore.

Old 08-15-2005, 03:58 PM
mdreuben
2nd Gear
We have GOT to get lives....

Old 08-16-2005, 08:39 AM
classpro
2nd Gear
Still no delivery information on the W&W website. Also no updata on miniusa site. I'll have to call the dealer today.
UPDATE: Dealer says that the car has not been transported from the dock to the distribution center. It's been at the dock since sunday at the latest, because the AIDA left New York on Sunday. He says it will likely be another week. According to the dealer, it takes a lot longer to get through the distribution center than the majority of people here seem to think.

Old 08-16-2005, 01:10 PM
DCjeff
1st Gear
According to the dealer, it takes a lot longer to get through the distribution center than the majority of people here seem to think.
That is my experience. My car was unloaded in New Jersey on Aug. 10th and still hasn't left the VDC. A few more days and it will have taken longer to get from NJ to DC then it did to cross the Atlantic.

Old 08-17-2005, 06:32 AM
mdreuben
2nd Gear
The AIDA has landed!

Any experience out there as to how long it will take to be processed and wind it's way to Cleveland?

Old 08-17-2005, 11:38 AM
classpro
2nd Gear
DCJEFF: I'm really sorry to hear that. People here seemed to think it would only take a day or two to get from the port to the trucks for delivery. I guess I have at least another week to wait. Too bad.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:46 AM
STLMINI
6th Gear
i've got a friend who's on his second MINI and both of them spent less than 2 days at the VPC, but i've read about a few that have taken longer. the lesson i've learned is that different stages take different amounts of time and there's really no guaranteed time frames for any stage of the process.

that doesn't mean that this whole waiting game isn't frustrating, though. one thing we do know 100% is that it won't be as long as it has been.

Old 08-17-2005, 12:23 PM
classpro
2nd Gear
Apparently, my car has not left the dock after 4 days. It has not even gone to the VPC (or else they have not logged it in). What is frustrating is not knowing what's going on.

Also, I'm not happy with my dealer. The salesperson quit, so I first was dealing with the sales manager and then a new salesperson. The salesperson tells me they charge extra to have the daylight running lights turned on (even though it says in MINI's broshure that it's a standard feature). I told him that they should not charge for that, and I won't pay for it, so he's going to "check" to see if they can turn them on for free. I'll make a fuss about it if I have to, but I'm not going to be nickeled and dimed when I'm already paying sticker and waiting some time for a car (and having to drive 3.5 hours to the dealer). It rubs me the wrong way.

Old 08-17-2005, 01:14 PM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
Now all they have to do is figure out how to unload it.

Just kidding.

Old 08-17-2005, 02:02 PM
DCjeff
1st Gear
Arrived at the dealer today

DCJEFF: I'm really sorry to hear that. People here seemed to think it would only take a day or two to get from the port to the trucks for delivery. I guess I have at least another week to wait. Too bad.
I just got a call from my MA and the car just arrived at the dealer. I'll be picking it up on Friday. It was exactly 7 days from the ship docking in NJ to the truck off-loading the car in DC (well, VA to be exact).

During this entire week, I couldn't get any information about the status of the Car. The OL said it was at the VDC with an estimated delivery date of Aug. 14 (said that as late as yesterday afternoon which was Aug. 16). ASKMINI said it was at the dock waiting transport and the humans said they had no information. My MA could only say it has been offloaded and had expected it on the 14th. Last night, the OL changed and my estimated delivery date was switched to Aug. 19, which will end up being my delivery date.

Old 08-17-2005, 05:51 PM
classpro
2nd Gear
Congrats dcjeff. That's good news. I hope my car is in process too, and the info is just behind.

Old 08-17-2005, 06:55 PM
creeker
4th Gear
Congrats dcjeff. That's good news. I hope my car is in process too, and the info is just behind.
classpro, let us know how long it takes from when your car was dropped off till you hear that it arrived at the dealer.

I'm camped out at the Holiday Inn in Cleveland right now waiting for my MCS to show up and any bits of data are greatly appreciated!

Old 08-18-2005, 02:46 AM
mdreuben
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by creeker
classpro, let us know how long it takes from when your car was dropped off till you hear that it arrived at the dealer.

I'm camped out at the Holiday Inn in Cleveland right now waiting for my MCS to show up and any bits of data are greatly appreciated!
Well, we know that the cars have been unloaded, as the AIDA is now on her way to Germany (according to the WW site). Could you post when you know any more information?

Quick Reply: Is your MINI on AIDA?