1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just back from the first roadtrip!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Suzannne
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just back from the first roadtrip!

We covered 1350 miles in 8 days...starting here in Huntington Beach, heading to Yosemite, Sonoma, San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Cambria and then finally through Santa Barbara and back home....ahh. Split driving duties (heh) with Alex (the boyfriend) and we conquered the steep hills of SF and the curves leading into Yosemite as well as ocean-lined PCH all the way down from SF home. Alexander (the MINI) was quite dirty upon arriving home, however only minimal buggage occurred. He received his first wash tonight (just the preliminary) to recover.

On our final day of the trip, upon coming home from our last stop in Cambria, Alex and I made a bet: I bet him I would see at least 10 MINIs before arriving home. Needless to say #13 passed me on our way exiting the 405 in Orange County (an EB MCS w/black bonnet stripes), so I was the triumphant winner of the bet. The stakes were such that the loser had to provide a very comprehensive detail of the other's vehicle, while the winner watched in relaxation. I won , but since I love my car I think I'll help out, besides I need to make sure he does it right, of course.

Attached Thumbnails Just back from the first roadtrip!-img_0115.jpg  
Old 08-08-2005, 10:40 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Alexander is beautiful! Good idea to be involved in the detailing process...LOL!! Minimal buggage is excellent! Hope you have many more fun roadtrips!

Clover

Old 08-11-2005, 07:06 PM
2Miniacs
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome road trip in a great looking car. Yosemite is one of my favorite places. Just got back from a 5,100 mile 11 day trip out to Rocky Mountain National Park, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, and Mt. Rushmore. We had maximum buggage and had to wash the car almost every day.

Nice to see folks enjoying their MINI's. Let's Motor!

Old 08-11-2005, 07:24 PM
moreorless
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Roadtrips

are a blast. My wife and I are getting ready to go with MINI on a trip from Avon, Ohio to Howey-in-the-Hills, Florida in a MCS with no cruise! My MINI is a plain jane go fast machine. No frills, just lots of thrills!

...Les

Old 08-12-2005, 09:31 AM
Mineon
4th Gear
Sounds like a fun road trip. I picked up my MC on Tuesday of this week, and my first road trip will start on Sunday. I'm driving to St Louis to meet a friend, then we're driving to Memphis, will tour Graceland, then head to Bowling Green, Kentucky to spend some time at the Corvette Museum and Plant, and then return home to cnetral Ohio. All told it should be around 1300-1400 miles in 4 days, as much of it as possible on back roads.

The last leg of the trip from Kentucky to home should all be after the 1250 mile break-in period, so we should really have fun on the way back.:smile:

-Keith

Old 08-12-2005, 09:38 AM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I just love to read about people's roadtrips! Everyone, remember to take your digicams so you can post lots of pix! And everyone, HAVE FUN!!!!! I rarely use my cruise.....it makes me sleepy on long roadtrips!

Clover

Old 08-12-2005, 09:56 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for sharing your fantastic trip with us.....love those roadtrips!! Your MINI looks gorgeous...

Donna
02' CR/W MCS (gone to MINI heaven - burned up)
05' Cool Blue MCSC "Ariel"
05' HB/W MCS "Gizmo"

Old 08-12-2005, 10:04 AM
Suzannne
4th Gear
Originally Posted by 2Miniacs
Awesome road trip in a great looking car. Yosemite is one of my favorite places. Just got back from a 5,100 mile 11 day trip out to Rocky Mountain National Park, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, and Mt. Rushmore. We had maximum buggage and had to wash the car almost every day.

Nice to see folks enjoying their MINI's. Let's Motor!
My boyfriend rolled his eyes when I insisted that we find a place to wash the car and a auto shop with microfiber drying towels after we left dusty Yosemite...I finally conceded to the fact that washing the car mid-trip for a little dust was probably crazy, and plus the fact that we couldn't manage to find an auto supply shop that was bigger than 50 sq.ft. or carried something other than oil and Armor All. So he got a good wash the day after we got back.