1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newb to the site!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 10:26 PM
1FSTMINI
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newb to the site!

Well id like to start off by sayin , hi....my name is Barry....Ive been a Miniholic for the past few months after buying my first in june after working for BMW/Mini for the past 5yrs......

Im currently the top salesman for Dinan Performance parts on the east coast and im n avid gear nut......Ill be honest to say theres alot of things out there im not up to par on and still always learning this new field i just got into ( MINI performance ) im just like everyone else on here about always trying to be right ( when sometimes im not ) so just tell me to STFU and ill go away ( for alil ) . Im always willing to give people the low down on anything i can to help them with there problems.....i have alot of access for technical questions and bulletins. Just dont overwhelm me with crazy questions that need the car to be looked at that asking about the problem. ill do my best. Thanx

www.dinancars.com

Old 08-13-2005, 06:13 AM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
Welcome aboard Barri! Saw that no one had welcomed you yet. What kind of MINI did you get?

My MINI is on order right now with a status of Scheduled for Production with no scheduled date. -sigh-

Old 08-13-2005, 08:04 AM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Welcome 1FSTMINI! It's always good to have someone on with an ear on the "inside" .

My MINI is on the boat right now. I've already waited about 2 months so I'm going a little crazy with this wait! Thank god it'll soon be over .

Anyway, Since you do have access to privy info, I was curious if you know weather or not BMW / MINI is aware of (and working on a fix for) the vast amount of people with ECU / stuttering problems? It seems that there are tonns of people on this site reporting it and that they're rather upset about how long it's been allowed to continue. I don't have my MINI yet, but I'm hoping that mine won't be affected... but if it is, I'd like to know weather or not a fix is in the mix...

Old 08-13-2005, 08:08 AM
rataha
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome indeed Hope you enjoy the ride. Can't wait to enjoy the benefits of the knowledge base you seem to have available.
Welcome

Old 08-13-2005, 08:32 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome 1FSTMINI! Be sure to stop by OT now and again...that's where the really crazy questions come up!!

Old 08-13-2005, 09:45 AM
1FSTMINI
6th Gear
Well in that case then..........I was lying.....im really the janitor at the dealership and i dont know anything about cars....please dont ask me any technical Q's as idk a damn thing....

Ill do my best ay helping everyone Q's......i am new to Mini's and im still learning about there problems as i see them. I can only do so much and i do have access to info about issues that everyone is having.....The thing is , not every problem is on a bulletin which is in a data base i can look on.
Ty Barry

Old 08-13-2005, 10:09 AM
chows4us
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1FSTMINI
Ill do my best ay helping everyone Q's......i am new to Mini's and im still learning about there problems as i see them. I can only do so much and i do have access to info about issues that everyone is having.....The thing is , not every problem is on a bulletin which is in a data base i can look on.
Ty Barry
Welcome, Im seriously considering the Dinan swaybar (because it uses the stock bushing ... had terrible time in the past with squeeking of poly) and the camber plates. So welcome

Old 08-13-2005, 10:25 AM
1FSTMINI
6th Gear
I think i can say you'll never hear any noises from our suspension kit. In the 6yrs i been selling Dinan.....I never had a warranty issue to deal with. The bushing for the rear sway bar is lined with a cloth like material so you wont get the groan or squeek associated with other types of bushing out there.

As for the other Q about what type of metal is used tomake the bar....You got me and thats the first time ive been asked.

Old 08-14-2005, 08:43 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
Welcome on board, good color choice