1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is your MINI on the CARMEN?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 09:49 AM
JohnnyConvoluted
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
866-ASK-MINI is now telling me mt car is at port, awaiting a vessel. Awaiting a vessel? And my sales rep is still on vacation. I dunno.

Old 08-20-2005, 11:31 AM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by JohnnyConvoluted
866-ASK-MINI is now telling me mt car is at port, awaiting a vessel. Awaiting a vessel? And my sales rep is still on vacation. I dunno.
My MA told me the same thing for a long time, yet I could see my VIN on the CARMEN. If your VIN has shown "Loaded on Vessel" on the CARMEN for the past week, I'd go with W&W's data over ASK-MINI's.

Old 08-20-2005, 03:18 PM
DCjeff
1st Gear
That's what ASK MINI told me right up until the day my car arrived at the dealer. I think the "vessel" in question is a truck.

Old 08-20-2005, 03:26 PM
JohnnyConvoluted
1st Gear
Agreed on W&W being more accurate. I just thought it was kinda funny that now it's on US soil they don't know where it is. Here's to hoping it didn't get lost. Those minis are kinda small ya know.

Old 08-20-2005, 11:17 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
The MINIUSA OL just updated showing my delivery date as 8/27 (This Saturday)!!!

I'm less than a week away from having my baby!!!

Old 08-22-2005, 07:22 AM
BBoy
3rd Gear
The CARMEN has arived in Charleston! May all the loaded MINIs pass their inspections without any delays.

http://www.port-of-charleston.com/vessel_schedule.asp

Old 08-22-2005, 11:41 AM
BBoy
3rd Gear
The Carmen has left Charleston! All our MINIs have now been happily aquainted with American Soil. They're hangin out with their brothers waiting for a final wash before they hop on a truck to go meet their new parents.

Here's a satalite view of the port. I don't know if the VDC is right here, or if they have to be trucked over to it. Looks like the VDC could be the bigh white building right there...

Old 08-22-2005, 05:47 PM
rigidjunkie
6th Gear
Mine is estimated for Friday delivery. Does anybody know if the delivery date takes into account instalation of dealer installed options? I am going to be pissed if I get the call Friday evening after I have gone away for the weekend. My fantasy football draft is Saturday morning and I have plans for all day Saturday. My poor poor Mini will be waiting for me :(

Old 08-22-2005, 06:53 PM
JohnnyConvoluted
1st Gear
Originally Posted by BBoy
The CARMEN has arived in Charleston! May all the loaded MINIs pass their inspections without any delays.

http://www.port-of-charleston.com/vessel_schedule.asp
BBoy, I'm sorry, but that can't be correct. My sales rep plainly stated this morning that Carmen still has yet to reach port in New York. (I know. There is not a rolleyes big enough.)

I wish I had an MA like the rest of you. According to my rep: "Maybe it will be ready to pick up sometime next week." Hope you guys come back here to tell me about your new rides while I'm still waiting for mine.

Old 08-22-2005, 07:16 PM
Marla
Neutral
My Mini Comes in Monday August 29

Yippy!!! An Awsome Pepper White with a Black Top and of course with the Sun Roof will set foot on Monday August 29, 2005 and its Mineeeeeee. hehe

Old 08-22-2005, 07:55 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
That's Awesome Marla! I'm hoping for a Saturday delivery, and if not, then Monday.

Johnny, don't sweat it. Even after I showed my MA the port schedule and tracking that showed my VIN on the Carmen this morning, she still said that it isn't scheduled to come in to Charleston until the 24th. I don't bame them. I just think their tracking site is a little off. Funny thing though, I talked with the dealership's financing lady later (this afternoon) and she said they were scheduled to recieve my baby on the 25th! That gives them 2 days to prepare everything for a Saturday delivery. Still no confirmed date yet, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up...

Old 08-23-2005, 01:38 PM
rigidjunkie
6th Gear
I was told that my Mini should be at the dealer on Thursday or Friday, but it will take a couple days to get it preped for pickup. So I am looking at next Monday or Tuesday. Can't wait to post pics and more importantly drive my Mini!

Old 08-23-2005, 06:49 PM
JohnnyConvoluted
1st Gear
Minis and Productivity?

So, for all the weekday deliveries, who will be taking a day off work? I just started in a new position, so if my auto is not ready by Saturday, then I am not getting it until next Sat. (maybe I could pull a late arrival off, but... nahh)

So who's gonna work on their personal productivity on delivery day?

Old 08-23-2005, 07:00 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
So, for all the weekday deliveries, who will be taking a day off work? I just started in a new position, so if my auto is not ready by Saturday, then I am not getting it until next Sat. (maybe I could pull a late arrival off, but... nahh)

So who's gonna work on their personal productivity on delivery day?
I already told my boss:
"look... I don't know when it's getting here, but when it does, you won't see me for a couple of days. We cool?"

I've got a cool boss. He was like "Sweet! Just give me a ride once you're back with it!"

Old 08-23-2005, 09:08 PM
JohnnyConvoluted
1st Gear
I already told my boss:
"look... I don't know when it's getting here, but when it does, you won't see me for a couple of days. We cool?"

I've got a cool boss. He was like "Sweet! Just give me a ride once you're back with it!"
Hey, you gotta break it in!

Old 08-24-2005, 01:45 PM
rigidjunkie
6th Gear
I also have two vacation days scheduled for delivery. I think some of my co-workers are almost as excited as I am...almost! They are probably more tired of hearing me talking about the car and the whole order process. One even said "Why is you car on a ship, don't they have any at the dealer?" I answered "They are interesting cars, not Corollas you have to get it just the way you want it." They didn't get it and I stoped trying to explain.

Old 08-24-2005, 09:10 PM
JohnnyConvoluted
1st Gear
Originally Posted by rigidjunkie
I also have two vacation days scheduled for delivery. I think some of my co-workers are almost as excited as I am...almost! They are probably more tired of hearing me talking about the car and the whole order process. One even said "Why is you car on a ship, don't they have any at the dealer?" I answered "They are interesting cars, not Corollas you have to get it just the way you want it." They didn't get it and I stoped trying to explain.
Jealous++

I've gotten a few different reactions when coworkers learned of my choice. Everything from "You like small cars?" and "It's.... so small
' to "I like it." But mostly I get "A what who?" when I say mini cooper.

Old 08-25-2005, 01:21 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Just talked to my MA. She said they have a truck coming in tomorow, but her system is telling her my car is still at the VPC. She said that might be outdated and it could come in tomorrow. Either way, my hopes for a Saturday delivery have been destroyed. Oh well... My fingers are now crossed for Monday!

Old 08-25-2005, 06:41 PM
JohnnyConvoluted
1st Gear
Just talked to my MA. She said they have a truck coming in tomorow, but her system is telling her my car is still at the VPC. She said that might be outdated and it could come in tomorrow. Either way, my hopes for a Saturday delivery have been destroyed. Oh well... My fingers are now crossed for Monday!
VPC for me too.Sorry for the blown Saturday. Four days off and a new sports car is all anyone could ask for.

My new mantra is: "September delivery. When? When it gets here. In September." Anything sooner will be nothing but pure, unadulterated, 100+, uhhh... really fast gravy.

Old 08-27-2005, 10:50 AM
JohnnyConvoluted
1st Gear
Haw haw haw haw..

Well, I just got back fron the dealer. Had my trade inspected, and provided my title and insurance info for the new tags. And I saw my mini! Even sat in it! Felt the clutch and pushed the gearshift around a bit.

But best of all, got the appt. for pickup. By tuesday night, I'll be an owner. Now that "when" is answered, patience can take over and I can get ready for the new arrival. Hope to post some pix then.