1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Timer...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 06:59 PM
Maderasams
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st Timer from Central CA

Hey, MINI World.

On Jan 13, 05 I took posession of my MCSC BRG/B and ever since have enjoyed the Cabrio S life. I have driven, so far, 25,650 miles in its 7 months of life and have abided (?) by the 90/10 law (if you drive a cab you understand...). I drive 42 miles one-way to work daily through about 17 miles of 2-lane highway through the hills with decent passing spots, followed by 25 invigorating miles of great MINI road, including 3 miles of recently-paved, banked tight-twisties that provide the necessary adrenaline rush to start the day. No Starbucks drink will ever come close to competing with accellerating through 30 mph turns at 80, rushing toward the next -- at 6:00 every morning)

Built it at miniusa.com with sport package plus GPS, computer, H/K sound, chrome (roll bars = much better look than black ), driving lights, black bonnet stripes. Have since added front-end stabilizer bar (oh, yeah...), racing open-air filter (about +5 hp with the significantly quicker throttle response required challenge the lighter non-cabrios -- trust me, it works...), Valentine radar detector (more expensive, but worth it!!! No tickets on daily flight to work, have only been stopped once -- by a Sheriff who wasn't using radar...), Sirius sat radio (only wish they had MLB). Glove box organizer is useful, but it's still too small for much -- just neater.

Only wish I had purchased the seat-heaters. Does get a bit chilly on the winter mornings with the top down, even with ski jacket, scarf, hat and gloves .

I have had virtually no problems with the car (knock on wood...), just a little issue with the back-up sensor buzzer -- and that's it. I drive about 120 miles a day and couldn't possibly be more please with my purchase. I belong to the newly-formed Mid-Cal MINI club. What a car!!!!!

Thx for listening! :smile:

Last edited by Maderasams; 08-14-2005 at 07:07 PM. Reason: title, spelling, grammar
Old 08-14-2005, 09:28 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Welcome to NAM!

I don't drive a cab, but I'll bite... what's the 90/10 law?

Old 08-14-2005, 09:35 PM
ururk
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe it refers to leaving the top open 90% of the time - go to MINIUSA's site, configure a Convertible, and click on "close the top" : )

Last edited by ururk; 08-14-2005 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Fixed confusing sentence.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:53 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Gotta hand it to MINI's marketing dept. .

Anyone remember the phone number to call to report a MINI Cabrio with it's top up? I called it once and busted up laughing, but I've since lost it...

Old 08-14-2005, 10:16 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome to NAM, maderasams! Sounds like you're having a ton o' fun in your MCSC! Did you go to AMVIV-2? (A MINI Vacation In Vegas) Hope to meet you at AMVIV-3 in Spring 2006.

Clover

Old 08-15-2005, 01:13 PM
Maderasams
1st Gear
Thx for the welcome... Am definitely planning on being in Vegas next spring, but missed this past one. Heard it was great.

Old 08-15-2005, 02:35 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BBoy
Gotta hand it to MINI's marketing dept. .

Anyone remember the phone number to call to report a MINI Cabrio with it's top up? I called it once and busted up laughing, but I've since lost it...
1-888 Do Not Close

Donna

Old 08-15-2005, 02:36 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maderasams - Welcome Aboard - from Cabrio owner to another...Wooo Hooo

Donna