1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aloha from Honolulu, Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 01:32 AM
pyratio
Coordinator :: Hawaii MINI Motoring Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aloha from Honolulu, Hawaii

--Hello everyone pyratio here from Honolulu, Hawaii. I'm waiting for my Jet Black Mini cooper S to arrive here in Honolulu sometime between mid November and early December. I've been in love with the Mini Cooper since the first time I test drove an automatic in April of this year. I was holding out to see what the light weight edition was going to offer but when I heard they would be only running 2000 of them and they would have plexi-glass windows I decided to forget about it.

It was kind of funny how I ordered my car. It was either in this forum or in the MINI2 forum that I learned that Jet Black was about to be discontinued for 2006. I immediately E-mailed my salesman and asked him about it. He wrote back and said that they actually would be stopping orders for 2005 Minis that very week. He then called me the next morning and asked me to stop by and have a look at the alternate color Astro black. I did and I was not impressed with Astro Black in the sunlight when compared to Jet Black. I gave my salesman my exact specs for my car (had them since April) and went off to the banks to get my financing. I figured if I didn't qualify then at least the bankers would have a good laugh by looking at my credit rating. Surprisingly both banks I went to approved the loan. Even more surprisingly my bank came in with a lower interest rate.

So I called my Salesman on thursday and left a message for him that I got the approval and I'd love to put down the deposit and order the car. I knew he was leaving on a trip for a family funeral so I decided I'd talk to his manager or any salesperson to place the order on Friday.

When I call on Friday the manager is out for the week and I talked to a saleswoman. She had the lovely pleasure of telling me that as of today they could not order anymore 2005 Minis. I just about had a heart attack. I told her what was going on for the past week and that Astro Black was a deal breaker.

While she put me on hold I called my salesman on his cellular. Poor guy, I caught him at the airport and explained to him that the deal was falling apart. He then told me actually.... he had already ordered the car exactly to my specs for me. He knew I'd buy the car.

WHAT OUTSTANDING SERVICE!!! This is another reason why I love this car and this car company. So thanks to Justin I've got the very last Jet Black Mini Cooper S coming to Honolulu. I dropped off my deposit check and confirmed the order Tuesday and I've got my order number to watch as my baby goes through manufacturing and shipping across 2 ponds.

That's my story thanks for listening.

--pyratio

Old 09-04-2005, 01:18 AM
pyratio
Coordinator :: Hawaii MINI Motoring Club
Ships ahoy!

--Yeah she set sail today for Kali-for-nia today! Woohoo!

--pyratio

Old 09-04-2005, 01:34 AM
VRBeauty
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pyratio:

Congratulations on your new MINI, & especially on getting the last of the JB's! Your MA sounds like a real winner.

This is insomniac time for me, but I guess it's just getting to be time to think about bed over there in Hawaii. Either way, when you wake up tomorrow, you'll be one day closer to being able to drive your own MINI...

Sweet dreams!

Old 09-05-2005, 07:04 PM
azuul
3rd Gear
Hey, I was just on vacation in Honolulu. I was incognito in a rented white Malibu (yuck). We saw several MINIs, including a Dark Grey/black MCS with a MINI Motoring Society of Hawaii sitcker on the rear window on Ala Moana Blvd. We followed it for a few miles, but we stopped at Hilo Hatties to buy some gifts for friends.

We were also on Hawaii for a day or so and saw 2 MINIs there (or maybe it was the same MINI twice). Now that's hardcore; the dealer is on Oahu.

Old 09-05-2005, 07:08 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Howdy Pad-huh.....from Texas!!! Welcome to MINIdom!!!