1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now waiting for JCW spot

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 05:31 AM
mtbscott
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Now waiting for JCW spot

I've been interested in a Mini since they came out and it looks like the planets are aligning now. I am on "the list" at my local dealer to order a factory JCW equipped S as soon as they become available. They are telling me I should be able to place the order in September for October build, then late November/December delivery. Anyone else heard anything different? I've decided on a pretty basic car, solid Royal Grey, with spacecloth interior, Sport, and JCW. Only "luxury" items will be auto AC, HK, and multi-function steering wheel. I plan on putting in a Dension Icelink Plus for my Ipod, I think it is better integrated than the BMW/Mini factory hookup. MSRP will be right around $30K. It will be a second car, commuter, to share garage space with my 2003 M3 coupe. Reading on this board, I'm still amazed by the waits people put in for their cars. Here in Houston, both dealers have cars on the lot, and custom orders are pretty much immediate with delivery 8 weeks later at MSRP. The only glitch in mine is a delay in the JCW offering. See ya'll on the road soon!

Old 08-18-2005, 11:32 AM
kaelaria
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congratz and welcome - you'll love it! Nice garage pairing too btw!

Old 08-19-2005, 03:46 PM
mtbscott
6th Gear
Moving up fast! The sales manager called today and said my car would built in Week 37. If I heard him right and am counting right, that would be the week of September 11, at least a month earlier than he originally quoted me. I am guessing that would have it here mid-October?

Old 08-19-2005, 07:22 PM
mataku
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very nice... factory built JCW... :drool:

Old 08-20-2005, 09:11 PM
ZenAudio
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the cost for a factory JCW?

Mike

Old 08-20-2005, 09:17 PM
mtbscott
6th Gear
The factory JCW package is $6300 MSRP. For that, you get the engine/exhaust mods, the brake kit, and the LSD, all factory installed. Pricy but a bargain compared to the dealer installed kits of previous years. With the mandatory sport package and a handful of "luxury" items, the MSRP for my build is right at $30K. I'm going with no sunroof, cloth interior, etc., I'd rather spend the money on the performance and keep the car lighter. I am hoping to have a lighter set of non-runflat tires and wheels waiting to throw on the car at delivery.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:39 PM
mtbscott
6th Gear
I finalized my order today and got a production number. Had to be moved back to Week 40, the first week that would accept the JCW package. Me and the father of one of the dealer's salesmen will be getting one in that first order. I'm excited but since it won't get here until mid November at the earliest, I'm trying not to be overzealous. Also a little concerned about ordering a new color based only on the dealer color chip and internet photos, but I think I'm going to like the stealth look of the Royal Grey. I was hoping maybe they would get one in to look at before the cutoff for making changes but they told me not likely.