1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm back!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 08:09 PM
DustinDallas
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm back!

I'm not sure if anyone will remember me, but that's cool. I've been off doing other things for the last six months or so.

I hounded everyone for months about MINIs, then I ended up getting a Saab 9-3 instead (with pressure from my parents).

Well, I like my Saab, but it's no MINI (and I still want one after all this time).

I tried to get into the Saab forums, but they're kinda lame. I think I'm gonna spend some time surfing this forum instead. I need to read up on the new '07 MINI since that's what I'll probably be getting.

I'm not going to jump to conclusions about which MINI combo I'll get. I did that last time and we all know what happened. I'm still a year away, so I'll wait it out and see.

I look foward to catching up on all the MINI info I've missed out on.

Should be fun

Old 08-21-2005, 08:36 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome back, Kyle! Just a word of warning, the '07 MINI will be a whole new (unknown) platform. You may want to get an '06.......

Clover

Old 08-21-2005, 08:43 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
no I do not remember you, you were here before I signed up, I guess. Anyways, drop the Saab, and get yourself a Mini, dude, what are you doing to yourself? Don't get me wrong, Saabs are good, but not cool. Cool factor is pretty important nowadays, not to mention about being utmost cool when it is a Mini

Old 08-21-2005, 09:01 PM
DustinDallas
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIclo
Welcome back, Kyle! Just a word of warning, the '07 MINI will be a whole new (unknown) platform. You may want to get an '06.......

Clover
Yeah, I am kinda nervous about that, however, I'm typically the type that likes to be the first to have something new. I don't mind having a first year car.....as long as they don't mess with the MINI design too much. I hated the "unofficial" new interior when I first saw the pictures, now it's growing on me. I think the final production version will win me over. I like the exterior changes...from what I've seen.

I doubt I'd be able to get an '06, my parents wouldn't go for that. I'm moving out to the west coast next fall (I want to go to school out there, and eventually live there permanently). That would be a good time to buy a new car because I wouldn't have to ship my current car across the country, I'll just buy the MINI out there. My dad already said he wants to buy my Saab to have as a spare car when I'm done with it, so I should have no problems trying to get rid of it.

I wish I bought the MINI Convertible last spring like I had planned. I've bought two brand new cars in the two years i've had my license, and both times I was unhappy with my decision. It sucks not having a car that you look foward to driving everyday. Don't get me wrong, I think the Saab is a great car, and being 18 I can't complain...but it's no where near as fun as a MINI would've been.

Oh well.....hopefully I'll get my MINI this time and not make another mistake.

Old 08-21-2005, 09:17 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Well, if you are planning to move to SoCal, Kyle, may as well get on a waitlist at Long Beach MINI! They have a long list because they sell at MSRP. Good luck with whatever you do. Keep us posted.

Clover

Old 08-21-2005, 09:26 PM
DustinDallas
6th Gear
Well, if you are planning to move to SoCal, Kyle, may as well get on a waitlist at Long Beach MINI! They have a long list because they sell at MSRP. Good luck with whatever you do. Keep us posted.

Clover
Actually, that's good to know. Right now It's a toss-up. I'm either going to end up somewhere in Orange County, CA, or about 5-6 hours away over in Arizona. I love SoCal, but I know a bunch of people in AZ so right now I'm still in the debating phase. This year I'm just going to The University of NH, I'll transfer out next year.

I'll keep Long Beach MINI in mind. There's a good chance I'll end up in SoCal, so I may be working with them in a year or so.

Old 08-21-2005, 09:28 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Originally Posted by KRGMini05
Actually, that's good to know. Right now It's a toss-up. I'm either going to end up somewhere in Orange County, CA, or about 5-6 hours away over in Arizona. I love SoCal, but I know a bunch of people in AZ so right now I'm still in the debating phase. This year I'm just going to The University of NH, I'll transfer out next year.

I'll keep Long Beach MINI in mind. There's a good chance I'll end up in SoCal, so I may be working with them in a year or so.
Either place is great. Arizona is beautiful but HOT!!! If you do deal with Long Beach MINI, they have a great sales team. You will like them.

Clover

Old 08-21-2005, 09:30 PM
DustinDallas
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ariercetinberk
no I do not remember you, you were here before I signed up, I guess. Anyways, drop the Saab, and get yourself a Mini, dude, what are you doing to yourself? Don't get me wrong, Saabs are good, but not cool. Cool factor is pretty important nowadays, not to mention about being utmost cool when it is a Mini

Very true

Old 08-21-2005, 09:36 PM
DustinDallas
6th Gear
Either place is great. Arizona is beautiful but HOT!!! If you do deal with Long Beach MINI, they have a great sales team. You will like them.

Clover
Haha...thanks. I'm actually out here right now. I spent most of last week in SoCal (loved it, but is it always that cold?...It was kinda dreary and in the low 70s most of the time, while it was sunny and in the 90s back home in NH...I'm assuming it was just unseasonably cool.)

I'm in Phoenix, AZ right now visiting friends. It's been averaging 105 so far. I love heat so I'm loving it here.

I'd still ultimately like to end up at The University of California: Irvine. I like the area a lot...Laguna Beach rocked, even though I was freezing.

Old 08-21-2005, 10:42 PM
BBoy
3rd Gear
Hey KRG, welcome back! Good to hear you still haven't lost your passion for a MINI! It's like they say, once a Miniac, always a Miniac.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get yours before you know it .

Old 08-21-2005, 10:57 PM
DustinDallas
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BBoy
Hey KRG, welcome back! Good to hear you still haven't lost your passion for a MINI! It's like they say, once a Miniac, always a Miniac.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get yours before you know it .
Thanks. I'm hoping that the craziness that goes along with being a freshman in college will make the time fly by. I'm just nervous that I'll get side-tracked and end up with something else again.

Old 08-21-2005, 11:02 PM
VRBeauty
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome back Kyle and thanks for the update. I see you've found ChaoZ's thread -- I thought of you when he first posted it, and I'm sure a lot of other NAM regulars did too. Maybe our collective brain waves brought you back??

I hope school is going well for you!

Old 08-21-2005, 11:05 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Kyle, the weather has been odd everywhere this year. I don't think you would have enjoyed the 120-degree days in Phoenix! LOL! But, of course it is much cooler along the coast!

Clover

Old 08-21-2005, 11:39 PM
DustinDallas
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minims
Welcome back Kyle and thanks for the update. I see you've found ChaoZ's thread -- I thought of you when he first posted it, and I'm sure a lot of other NAM regulars did too. Maybe our collective brain waves brought you back??

I hope school is going well for you!
Haha...maybe that's what it was.

School is ok. I hate New England, so I'm kinda bummed that I'm not getting out of here. I really wanted to, but I decided that I wasn't mature enough to move across the country on my own. I think by next year I'll be ready. I have a ton of friends that go to The University of Arizona, so I'd feel very comfortable going there on my own. I wish I had a few friends to hook up with in SoCal, but I don't know anyone who goes there. I'm a year away.....We'll see what happens.

Either place would be an ideal climate for a MINI Convertible though

Old 08-21-2005, 11:41 PM
DustinDallas
6th Gear
Kyle, the weather has been odd everywhere this year. I don't think you would have enjoyed the 120-degree days in Phoenix! LOL! But, of course it is much cooler along the coast!
120!...ouch!...no, that would be just a bit too hot.

I guess it couldn't be any worse than the occasional -20 degree winter mornings in NH though.

Old 08-22-2005, 08:50 AM
ChiliCooperS
6th Gear
I saw a pretty cool Saab the other day... It was red and it had some sort of like aero kit on it... couple that with some wheels and that car would look freakin awesome, but it is no MINI.

Mikey

Old 08-22-2005, 10:14 AM
DustinDallas
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ChiliCooperS
I saw a pretty cool Saab the other day... It was red and it had some sort of like aero kit on it... couple that with some wheels and that car would look freakin awesome, but it is no MINI.

Mikey
Yeah...my plan was to add the aero kit and aero wheels, but at this point I'm just going to keep it "as is" and count down the days 'till I get my MINI.

Old 08-22-2005, 11:21 AM
ChiliCooperS
6th Gear
good thinkin.

Mikey