1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 36 (09-05-05) Support Group - First 06's!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 08:38 PM
sagworks
running with scissors
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!!!

Congrats on Icarus' arrival. He looks great!!!!!!! Now Minerva's mythological friend is motoring! YEAH!

Old 10-11-2005, 09:14 PM
teej
2nd Gear
Looks fabulous!! I'm grinning just looking at your pics!

Originally Posted by Gr8Force
Icarus has arrived!!! Ta Da!!!

All I can say is this car is everything I was hoping it would be. I can't wait to get through the break in period and really wind it up. Dang, how long does this goofy grin last?

Old 10-12-2005, 12:03 AM
minibot
3rd Gear
Icarus looks great! Congrats, Gr8Force! Maybe when I pick up Miles, it won't be raining, and I can get more pictures in.

Though, that's never stopped us up here in Seattle before

Old 10-12-2005, 07:58 AM
superflysarah04
1st Gear
Originally Posted by minibot
So, most likely roehrigs01 will be the final person of week 36 to take delivery, eh? I guess it's up to him to come up with the best photos!
I don't know about that......
I have been patient, not checking the OL multiple times a day, not calling my MA, not calling Ask Mini (Okay, well I called a few times). But today, after seeing all these beautiful photos and smiling faces of new owners, I thought to myself, "Where the heck is my MINI!!!!" So, I called Asked MIINI. The automated recording said that my vehicle is at the port awaiting a shipping vessel. What?!?! The last that I knew, it was already enroute. I think that I read that this happened to others while waiting for their sweet MINIs to arrive. Please soothe my fears that I will have to wait that much longer for my MINI and tell me that this is a technical error and that my MINI is just around the corner.

BTW, minibot, your MINI look amazing. We too live in Seattle and will keep an eye out for you guys!!!

Old 10-12-2005, 08:40 AM
teej
2nd Gear
Yup its just a technical error, don't worry. My MINI is at the dealer getting the aero kit installed, but the automated recording says its awaiting a shipping vessel! I think once it reaches the port, the system resets to that status or something. Your MA will have the most up-to-date status at this point. They should be able to tell you when the next shipment is arriving at the lot. Keep us posted!

Originally Posted by superflysarah04
I don't know about that......
I have been patient, not checking the OL multiple times a day, not calling my MA, not calling Ask Mini (Okay, well I called a few times). But today, after seeing all these beautiful photos and smiling faces of new owners, I thought to myself, "Where the heck is my MINI!!!!" So, I called Asked MIINI. The automated recording said that my vehicle is at the port awaiting a shipping vessel. What?!?! The last that I knew, it was already enroute. I think that I read that this happened to others while waiting for their sweet MINIs to arrive. Please soothe my fears that I will have to wait that much longer for my MINI and tell me that this is a technical error and that my MINI is just around the corner.

BTW, minibot, your MINI look amazing. We too live in Seattle and will keep an eye out for you guys!!!

Old 10-12-2005, 10:22 AM
Red Ryder
Coordinator :: Tar Heel MINI Motoring Club
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Beer waiting for Icarus

Well, Icarus is finally here, Great!! Will be in Highlands, 10/28-31, and your beer is being cooled. It was Newcastle if I remember. If you decide to make a trip let me know. Mr. Magoo will be there!!

Old 10-12-2005, 10:38 AM
qweewq12
4th Gear
yep... I will prob be last...

Currently:
"Your vehicle has been loaded to vessel MV MANULANI and is in transit to HONOLULU (B51) Please check again in a few days for FINAL availability information.":smile:

Yeah! Arrive to port on 10/16!

Old 10-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
Hang in there superflysarah & roehrigs! Ain't no one goin' no where until they all come home! Rest assured your MINI's will arrive relatively soon. It's not like roehrigs is going to miss the fall season on that island. Hang in there. When you get it, all the grief and hand wringing you're going through now, will be washed away and you'll be walking around with that silly grin on your face like the rest of us.

I've already had so many people coming up and talking to me about Icarus. That's not including friends & co-workers. He's a big time chick magnet though!

Red Ryder - Well I guess that seals it then. Darn. Now I'll have to go motoring every weekend for the rest of the month. This weekend is with the AtlantaMINI's club & the Chattanooga club in the NW Georgia Mountains. The 22 is a camping trip in Lynchburg, TN for a tour at the Jack Daniels distillery and then I'm heading over the next day to the TN/NC border for a day trip through the area before heading back home through the NE Georgia Mountains. Then with you for the last weekend of the month in the Highlands. -sigh- It's a tough life but someone has to do it.

Old 10-12-2005, 12:33 PM
minibot
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by superflysarah04
A lot of people have had those shipping issues, where the status will say 'awaiting transport' when in reality, it's already en route.

As to Seattle, that's awesome! I'm always happy to see more people around here drive MINIs . There's sort of a club for people around here with MINIs. Their website is: http://www.psmini.org

Old 10-13-2005, 08:21 AM
superflysarah04
1st Gear
Sittin' by the dock....

I ws told by my MA yesterday via email that Phinneus is patiently waiting by on the dock waiting to be processed and that they are a little behind processing b/c "they had so many MINIs arrive at once." Lot's of happy MINI owners to be had!!!

I just want mine!

Old 10-13-2005, 08:36 AM
smcfamily
2nd Gear
You're not alone in the wait. Mine arrived at the dealer Sunday night, and I'm still waiting too!

I've gone by twice just to look at it sitting in the parking lot, waiting to be prepped. I'm told that they will get to it today, but they too had a lot delivered and are working them through as fast as they can.

S

Old 10-13-2005, 06:31 PM
minibot
3rd Gear
I've got it! I've got it!

Pictures forthcoming (when it gets brighter outside)

Old 10-13-2005, 06:37 PM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
Alright! Now it's time for the west coast onslaught of MINI's to be delivered. Bring it on guys. Y'know, pics & stuff.

Congrats minibot! I bet you can't sleep very well and even sneak a look in the middle of the night....not that I'd know anything about that.

Old 10-13-2005, 08:02 PM
MightyMouse51
1st Gear
Racing Shoes

Gr8Force

Looks like you were wearing West Coast Racing Shoes in your picture.:smile:

minibot thought the glow of happiness would have made it bright enough to take pictures.

Gr8Force we need to take the list on page 3? and see who doesn't have their best new friend.

Old 10-14-2005, 05:41 PM
minibot
3rd Gear
Congrats minibot! I bet you can't sleep very well and even sneak a look in the middle of the night....not that I'd know anything about that.
You have no idea how guilty of that I am. I even walked outside in my PJs to take one last look before going to sleep.

Obsessed? Yes.

Old 10-15-2005, 12:50 PM
teej
2nd Gear
Finally picked up Monique last night!!! Haven't driven much yet, its been a busy Saturday unfortunately. But she looks freakin awesome with the aero kit, and the red/black interior! Will take pics later today...

Old 10-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
Congrats teej! Can't wait to see it. Pleasant dreams.

Old 10-15-2005, 07:43 PM
teej
2nd Gear
Congrats teej! Can't wait to see it. Pleasant dreams.
Thanks! I've been trying to upload some pics but it keeps timing out or something, not sure what the problem is. Will try little bit later...

Old 10-15-2005, 07:54 PM
minibot
3rd Gear
Congrats, teej!

Old 10-15-2005, 11:56 PM
qweewq12
4th Gear
woo..hoo... the ship with my MCS arrives Sunday, Oct 16th at 4pm Honolulu Harbor!

Old 10-16-2005, 12:17 AM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
roehrigs - So that means you'll most likely get your MINI ... when? Tues, Wed?

Old 10-16-2005, 09:59 AM
qweewq12
4th Gear
Gr8ForceWell... Arrival today 4pm, offload on Monday, delivered by thurs, programmed/final inspection on friday and hopefully for my pickup on Sat.

Old 10-16-2005, 10:23 AM
teej
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by minibot
Congrats, teej!
Thanks! Finally managed to upload some pics (there are a couple more in my gallery):

Finally, I love how the dash looks at night!!! I was particularly surprised to see tiny LEDs on the toggle switches for the front and rear fogs, VERY COOL!!

Quick question - if you look at my speedo, you can tell that there seems to be a distinct difference in the lighting "intensity". you can see a line running between the 30mph mark to the 120mph (approx). Above this line, the back doesn't seem to be as lit as the bottom part of the speedo. Normal??

I have officially joined the "silly grin club"! Love my car!!! :smile:

Old 10-16-2005, 11:18 AM
qweewq12
4th Gear
Those seats are sharp! Great colors!

Old 10-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Red Ryder
Coordinator :: Tar Heel MINI Motoring Club
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
How to upload photos?

OK, I finally added stripes to Mr Magoo and took some pictures...but I can't seem to be able to upload them. How about a quick primer on including photos in the message. I know how to put them in the signature, but how do you include them in the message?

Quick Reply: Production Week 36 (09-05-05) Support Group - First 06's!!!