1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 36 (09-05-05) Support Group - First 06's!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 03:40 PM
vaper
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't had any luck tracking the Otello either. I've been going to oceanweather.com. does anyone know of another site?

Old 09-12-2005, 06:05 PM
sagworks
running with scissors
Same thing from classic

I got the same price quote. My dealer could not even find the part in the catalog. I'll be ordering the shelf and AUX input tomorrow or Wed.

-- UPDATED -- I ordered the parts from Classic. Should be here by the end of the week. $105 for the shelf (and its many parts), AUX input, and shipping.

I am curious about if anyone knows where otello is. I am really hoping for an on-time time to port.

Old 09-13-2005, 05:09 AM
schulzmc
3rd Gear
Now I'm Confused...

After a number of days (since my MINI missed the Otello) the WW tracking site has said my MINI was received at the dock and booked on the Jingu Maru that was to pick her up on Thursday this week. Now this morning the WW site says it has no information on my VIN #. I double checked to make sure it was entered correctly.

What's up with that? Could my MINI have been loaded on another ship with a different company? (She's coming though the East coast, I assume, being in the Chicago area.)

Old 09-13-2005, 12:20 PM
qweewq12
4th Gear
ask mini said today mine is now in transit!

Old 09-13-2005, 01:46 PM
teej
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by roehrigs01
I called ASK MINI immediately after reading your post and mine says "In Transit" too!! Talked to a customer rep and she confirmed that its in transit but didn't have the shipping details. Left a message with my MA...

My Cooper S finished production on 9/5 and I'm in LA.

I wonder if our cars are on one of the non-WW lines because I still can't track it on the WW site with my VIN.

Old 09-13-2005, 03:15 PM
qweewq12
4th Gear
bet your right Teej... as I am in the exact same boat... :

Old 09-13-2005, 04:44 PM
qweewq12
4th Gear
alright... here is what i found... on this site..

Mini uses WW and NYK to ship to the west coast...

According to the NYKline.com site....today (12Sep05), the "OOCL Faith (callsign VRWG6)" left Southampton, GBR to arrive at Houston, TX on 29 Sep and to arrive at LA on Oct 06, 2005.

Ask Mini said my car is now in transit.. the last ww left on 8th and next on 18th, so I figure I must be on this ship...

sailwx shows them last reporting in on the 10th... prob right before they pulled into port... http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...tml?call=VRWG6

I am still waiting on an email from the mini dealer for some info on my order...

Old 09-13-2005, 04:52 PM
Dolmangar
4th Gear
Mine currently says "Awaiting Transport". Not sure when it switched, sometime over the weekend. Any idea where that puts me in the que?

I haven't called Ask Mini yet to find out for sure but now I'm starting to get excited!

Old 09-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Paragon
1st Gear
Automated ASKMINI can be quite a few days back from what is actually happening. Took like 4 days for it to state that mine was in transit. OL is even slower.

The most accurate is to talk to a person on ASKMINI.

Just bought an AutoUp circuit

Need to decide if I really want to pay the $$ for the Invisishield. Will probably have the headlights done at minimal

Old 09-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Red Ryder
Coordinator :: Tar Heel MINI Motoring Club
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Otello is running ahead of schedule according to the WW website. Scheduled for Charleston on 9/21. All the MINI's must have gotten together and installed a different pulley on the engines.

Old 09-13-2005, 07:20 PM
minibot
3rd Gear
Darnit. I should've called today like a properly obsessive MINI owner.

I'll call tomorrow morning and post my results. Since Miles finished on Sept 1st, I should be on a boat as well!

Old 09-13-2005, 08:21 PM
MightyMouse51
1st Gear
Jingu Maru

F.Red wanted a window seat. Guess what no Windows. Jingu Maru arrives Southampton 7:30 am and leaves 11:59 pm on Thursday 9/15

Attached Thumbnails Production Week 36 (09-05-05) Support Group - First 06's!!!-jingumaru-copy.jpg  
Old 09-13-2005, 08:39 PM
schulzmc
3rd Gear
Still Booked???

MightyMouse51 - does the WW website still show F.Red as "booked" on the Jingu Maru? As I said above, it said that about mine until yesterday, and now a search on my VIN says "no information available." I'm trying to figure out what happened!

Old 09-13-2005, 10:19 PM
teej
2nd Gear
Good job! I was also looking on the K-line site and found the following:
http://www.kline.com/PCC-RoRo/pccschedule.asp

If you scroll down to the 'Car Carrier/RoRo Sailing Schedule - Import from Europe & Mediterranean to Mexico and U.S.' , the 'Shenandoah Highway' set sail from Southampton on Sep 8, but I have no idea which port the MINIs would get off at, if this ship does carry MINIs!
Here are the Discharge Port dates:

Port Canaveral - Sep 19
Altamira - Sep 22
Veracruz - Sep 23-36
Galveston - Sep 28
Jacksonville - Oct 02
Newark - Oct 04
Baltimore - Oct 5-6

alright... here is what i found... on this site..

Mini uses WW and NYK to ship to the west coast...

According to the NYKline.com site....today (12Sep05), the "OOCL Faith (callsign VRWG6)" left Southampton, GBR to arrive at Houston, TX on 29 Sep and to arrive at LA on Oct 06, 2005.

Ask Mini said my car is now in transit.. the last ww left on 8th and next on 18th, so I figure I must be on this ship...

sailwx shows them last reporting in on the 10th... prob right before they pulled into port... http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...tml?call=VRWG6

I am still waiting on an email from the mini dealer for some info on my order...

Old 09-13-2005, 10:24 PM
minibot
3rd Gear
Huh

Apparently the OL updated for me. It's En Route.

I'm not sure it's a K-Line, though when I searched on NYK for a list of their ships leaving from Southampton to Port Hueneme, they didn't find anything either. It's a mytery.

The K-Line's listing didn't have anything west of Galveston, TX which makes me doubt that we'll be riding with that boat.

I'm guessing NYK OOCL Faith as well. The interesting thing is that if you look at the schedule for the shipment, when we hit Houston, the carrier switches from OOCL Faith to BNSF which, last I checked, is Burlington Northern Santa Fe. I wonder if this means we stop in Houston and get shipped overland via railway. If this is the case, better be closed containers!

That, or I can change my annual Houston Christmas trip and make it early by three months.

Old 09-13-2005, 10:41 PM
blitz64
2nd Gear
cool, it's enroute for me too. I checked it earlier today and it was Waiting for Transportaion. Maybe they only update the OL database once a week.

Old 09-13-2005, 11:38 PM
qweewq12
4th Gear
[QUOTE=minibot]

I'm guessing NYK OOCL Faith as well. The interesting thing is that if you look at the schedule for the shipment, when we hit Houston, the carrier switches from OOCL Faith to BNSF which, last I checked, is Burlington Northern Santa Fe. I wonder if this means we stop in Houston and get shipped overland via railway. If this is the case, better be closed containers!
QUOTE]

oh yah...good eyes! well, prob short time to go by train and prob close containers too I would think, unless they remove them from the closed containers when they hit port...

i hope not... i want mine close all the way to LA PVC...

it arrive to houston on a thursday (29th Sep)... according to the bnsf site, the cut off for loading on bnsf is sunday (oct 2nd), arrive LA on thursday (92hr trip)... oct 6th is a thursday.... shipped via container.

Old 09-14-2005, 04:34 AM
MightyMouse51
1st Gear
Not Booked Yet

schulzmc
F.Red's not showing booked he just wants a ride on Jingu Maru with some of his best new friends:impatient . Party for 13 day's then come home to PaPa

Old 09-14-2005, 05:34 AM
sagworks
running with scissors
Owners Lounge - EDD

My Estimated Delivery Date is listed in the OL: 9/23/05. That is the day I want to pick Minerva up, but if that day holds up there's probably no time to have the invisishield installed. My MA said the 23 MAY be possible if everything goes exact. One stall due to the hurricane or a hiccup at the VPC and no way.

Moral of this ramble - check the OL see if your EDD is there.

Old 09-14-2005, 07:59 AM
schulzmc
3rd Gear
Where is the EDD?

Where did you find the estimated delivery date in the OL?

Old 09-14-2005, 08:47 AM
jdmarino
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm seriously confused

My dealer ordered my car on 9/5 and claims it is currently being painted. Nowhere near the stage of being shipped. This sounds right to me. Am I in the right support group?

Old 09-14-2005, 08:48 AM
teej
2nd Gear
Yup mine said "En Route" as of last night too.

Damn I was kinda hoping "Monique" would get offloaded at Port Hueneme because I work in Agoura Hills and maybe would have driven to the Port just to see if I could see her coming off the ship.
Oh well ship it...train it..truck it... whatever... just get it to me fast!!

Old 09-14-2005, 10:14 AM
sagworks
running with scissors
Estimated Delivery Date

The EDD is in the OL > Track Order > Review your details.

It is under your dealer name and before your specs. Though other than color and model, no specs are listed in the OL.

Old 09-14-2005, 10:20 AM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
jdmarino - It sounds like you're production week is week 37 or 38. If you call ASK MINI they'll be able to tell you the exacts on that.

Icarus has been turned over to the carrier! I hope that means he'll get on the Jin-jin Maru tomorrow before it leaves port. He doesn't show up, yet, on the cargo list.

I changed the name of the boat because it sounds a little like a clip out of the song from Mary Poppins called Chim Chim Cheree that says Chim Chim Cheroo. Never mind.

Old 09-14-2005, 10:22 AM
minibot
3rd Gear
For the West Coasters (and beyond!) those of us who were finished around early September and weren't on the WW ship are almost definitely on the OOCL Faith. I chatted with ASK-MINI and they confirmed that I shipped out on the 12th of September. The only vessel that matched with was the OOCL Faith.

Just FYI!
Dang, the only mode of transportation Miles won't have taken is air.

Quick Reply: Production Week 36 (09-05-05) Support Group - First 06's!!!