1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 36 (09-05-05) Support Group - First 06's!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 06:49 PM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems like MINI takes the first available ship out of South Hampton! (not including the last round of 05's) The important thing is we're all getting our MINI's as fast as those ships can get them here. The downside for all you West coast & Hawaii folk is you're so far away from England so you naturally take longer to take receipt. Still, everyday that goes by is another day closer to getting our MINI's!!!

I think it would be cool if everyone on this thread would post some pics on this thread when you get yours. Cool stuff!

Old 09-15-2005, 07:00 PM
minibot
3rd Gear
The irony here is that I might not be in Seattle when my MINI arrives--work has me going on a business trip and the date keeps getting pushed further and further back till early Oct.

Old 09-15-2005, 07:24 PM
murphy
1st Gear
Seijin information

The Seijin is a NYK ship. Call sign is 3ELS6. I have not been able to track the Seijin's movement. Left Southampton 9/9 then goes to Newark, Baltimore, Charleston, Jacksonville, Brunswick, San Diego, Los Angeles, Port Hueneme and Yokohama. The San Diego Port expects it on 10/2. I could not locate the date for Port Hueneme. I figure about one day from San Diego to Port Hueneme.

Old 09-16-2005, 06:12 AM
havnap
Coordinator :: Metroplex MINI
Well, aparently no name was a bad girl. This morning it looks like she was pulled from the Jingu Maru and now she's on the MAERSK TEAL which sets sail on the 22nd.

Old 09-16-2005, 11:42 AM
qweewq12
4th Gear
Originally Posted by minibot
Well. Apparently Miles is on the Seijin as well. Looks like we're in the same boat, roehrigs01.

Just got an e-mail back from my MA.
did you get the same bill of lading number?

Old 09-16-2005, 11:58 AM
minibot
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by roehrigs01
did you get the same bill of lading number?
Dunno. I just e-mailed my MA and asked. I'll let you know.

Old 09-16-2005, 01:59 PM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
Bunn-of-a-sitch! I got bumped to the MAERSK TEAL too. It won't get into Charleston until Wednesday, Oct. 5th which means I won't see Icarus until that Saturday at the earliest. Oh well, that's still within the original promised date from my MA of Oct. 15. I'm just impatient to get Icarus!

I think I'm losing it.

Old 09-16-2005, 04:59 PM
minibot
3rd Gear
Yes, yes I did get the same bill of lading number: NYKSNYKS620988774

What does that mean, though?

Old 09-16-2005, 05:36 PM
qweewq12
4th Gear
that is the tracking number of the ship... you should beable to contact NYK with that and find out where it is at....

Old 09-16-2005, 05:40 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by minibot
Yes, yes I did get the same bill of lading number: NYKSNYKS620988774

What does that mean, though?
The bill of lading number is the number for all of the MINIs on that particular ship. Other shipments would have other bill of lading numbers, but in this case all of the MINIs should have the same number.

Old 09-16-2005, 07:58 PM
havnap
Coordinator :: Metroplex MINI
Originally Posted by Gr8Force
Bunn-of-a-sitch! I got bumped to the MAERSK TEAL too. It won't get into Charleston until Wednesday, Oct. 5th which means I won't see Icarus until that Saturday at the earliest. Oh well, that's still within the original promised date from my MA of Oct. 15. I'm just impatient to get Icarus!

I think I'm losing it.
OK, so obviously our cars got into some sort of trouble on the boat and had to be removed. It looks like yours has been having a problem staying on a boat, so what kind of jezzebel car did mine get hooked up with?

Hopefully they will both show up on the Maersk Teal!

Old 09-17-2005, 04:58 AM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
C'mon! His name is Icarus. The dude loves playing with fire.

Old 09-17-2005, 07:00 AM
minibot
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by havnap142
OK, so obviously our cars got into some sort of trouble on the boat and had to be removed. It looks like yours has been having a problem staying on a boat, so what kind of jezzebel car did mine get hooked up with?

Hopefully they will both show up on the Maersk Teal!
It was probably proximity to Icarus that did it.

Old 09-17-2005, 09:35 PM
SmallIsBeautiful
Neutral
On Board!

Boudicea (MCS, chilired, white roof with checkered flag, white stripes, sport package, chrome in & out) was completed on 9/9 and her ship, NYK EIJIN, left Southampton on 9/15. I'll go to Los Angeles from the SF Bay Area to pick her up. I've become rather obsessed about tracking and collected the following information for tracking NYK ships:

NYK does not have a tracking system, so information has to be gleaned in a roundabout way. The NYK website estimates an arrival at Port Hueneme on 10/9 (24 days).

(1) I got the ship name and line from my MA, then looked it up on the NYK website:
www2.nykline.com
Click on the PCC/RORO link, then PCC/RORO Fleet List for some more info. about the ship

I found out the service route, including ports of call, from the PCC/RORO Service Network link. By the way, “RORO” means roll on/roll off in shipping jargon.

The route from Southampton to Port Hueneme in California on NYK Line is: Southampton, Port Newark, Baltimore, Charleston, Brunswick, Jacksonville, Panama Canal, San Diego, Los Angeles, Port Hueneme.

There are two ways that I can think of to track the ship. One is through vessel schedules on port websites. Some sites provide this and some don’t. I’ll list the helpful ones below. The other way is through vessel location websites. The Coast Guard has one at http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/index.html, but I can’t seem to get it to work today. Lloyd’s of London has a service at www.ships-register.com that has a free trial. I’ve requested access, but don’t know if they’ll grant it.

I don’t know if it helps, but you can use the U.S. Coast Guard vessel search page to find the ship’s call sign:
http://cgmix.uscg.mil/PSIX/PSIX2/VesselSearch.asp

(2) To track via ports I’ve found the following information:

SOUTHAMPTON: Information about times that ships arrive & leave port:
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/viewarti...ticleid=718729

PORT NEWARK: Haven’t found a thing useful by the port. There is an email address and phone number on the page related to automobile shipping services, but I don’t think that it’s very nice to pester them about my single car. AIS has a service that provides hourly snapshots of harbors. I believe you have to register for the free section. Try http://aisfree.aislive.com/Influx.as...0York%20Harbor

PORT OF BALTIMORE “real time” vessel info:
http://www.mpa.state.md.us/

PORT OF CHARLESTON vessel schedule:
http://www.port-of-charleston.com/Vessel_schedule.asp

PORT OF BRUNSWICK (no info)

PORT OF JACKSONVILLE ship arrival information:
http://www.jaxport.com/sea/vessels.cfm

There’s no website with schedule information for NYK ships going through the Panama Canel, but AIS has the following snapshots available:

AIS Panama Canal approach:
http://aisfree.aislive.com/Influx.as...ic%20Anchorage

AIS Panama Canal Gatun Locks
http://aisfree.aislive.com/Influx.as...=Gatun%20Locks

If I’m diligent (read “obsessed”), I might be able to figure out when the ship is going through the locks and see it on the web cam at the Panama Canal (!):
http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

PORT OF SAN DIEGO
http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/

PORT OF LOS ANGELES (no good info)

PORT HUENEME (ditto)

There are some photos of Port Hueneme on it’s web site:
http://www.portofhueneme.org/

Old 09-18-2005, 04:40 AM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
If small is beautiful then you're large on information and research and that's awesome!!! I know this stuff is going to help alot of people. Just incredible. Thanks!

Old 09-19-2005, 08:56 AM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
I went to the 3rd birthday party for AtlantaMINI's yesterday. It was an event of mixed feelings. It was great in getting to see so many different MINI's. It stunk because I don't have mine!!! Check out the picks folks.

http://imageevent.com/tl4x40/atlantaminis918?n=0

It was good time, good food, good folk. Just can't wait to add Icarus to the mix.

Old 09-19-2005, 09:42 AM
qweewq12
4th Gear
I must say... those black Coopers are looking sharp... maybe I should of gotten all Astro Black instead of the Astro Black with Silver roof.

Silver roof is new for 06..and gives a little contrast... so it was a very tuff choice...

Old 09-19-2005, 09:59 AM
minibot
3rd Gear
Very nice. I'm continually drawn to the blue + white stripes (or red + white stripes), but having a silver contrast roof meant either having no stripes, or the new silver 'V' stripe.

I went with the V stripe.

Old 09-19-2005, 12:31 PM
MightyMouse51
1st Gear
Had a Wedding

Gr8Force

Would have ridden my Honda Goldwing 110,000 miles to show the MINI's that two wheels can be bigger than 4, But had to go to niece's wedding in North Carolina. Would have liked to met you. I'm sure we will meet at future event's.

Looks like F.Red will be here before the end of the month.

Old 09-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Red Ryder
Coordinator :: Tar Heel MINI Motoring Club
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Otello on her way!!

Looks, like Otello has left Baltimore heading down south. Next stop Charleston!!! Come on down !!

Old 09-19-2005, 01:47 PM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
I understand the allure of the black car but it's just been so over done that it has absolutely no appeal to me anymore. At all. Zip. Nadda... However the BRG's are gorgeous. I was going to get one that color until I was just blown away by Hot Orange! I saw one this weekend but it was only a Cooper. Still it was pretty hot!

MightyMouse51 - I'm not worried about it. We'll hook up here soon. As a matter of fact the AtlantaMINI's have a fall driving event Oct. 16 in NC. I'll let you know more about it.

Remember everyone, post a pic of your MINI when you get it. I plan on having video taken of the delivery. I'll try to be discreet with the angle.

Old 09-19-2005, 02:00 PM
qweewq12
4th Gear
Hello...

I want my damn car!

Thank you... I'll be here all week....

Old 09-19-2005, 02:31 PM
RedDaisy
1st Gear
Hey everyone! Just found out from my MA that Daisy has finished production and is on her way to the docks. I am sooooo happy and can not wait to get her like everyone else. My family will be happy too when I get her cause then I will stop talking about her. I can just go and sit in the car and bask in happiness. Anyways Daisy's specs are:
Red Chili
White top and mirrors
white bonnet and boot pinstripes
sport seats, with space grey cloth
Chrome int.
HK system
MFSW
Manual trans.
shift **** in red chili
auto a/c
anthracite dash
center armrest
iPod adapter
floor mats and boot mat
sun shade.

Soooo excited. Can't wait, and today I finally got approval to start posting in NAM so I can finally talk to you guys.

Old 09-19-2005, 06:39 PM
Red Ryder
Coordinator :: Tar Heel MINI Motoring Club
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey GR8Force,

What is going on in NC on the 16th of Oct? Where in NC?

Old 09-19-2005, 06:55 PM
superflysarah04
1st Gear
I spoke to my MA today and found out that my MCS is enroute on the NYK line. I got he bill of laden number but I can't seem to find out what boat she is on. The NYK website is not recegnizing my BL.
Any ideas??

Quick Reply: Production Week 36 (09-05-05) Support Group - First 06's!!!