1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 36 (09-05-05) Support Group - First 06's!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 04:16 PM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Production Week 36 (09-05-05) Support Group - First 06's!!!

Ok all you freaks who ordered for the very first run of the 06's let's hear it! I just found out that Icarus is on that run and it kind of makes it even more special to me. Some folks could care less but then again they're not in this run!

I called ASK MINI and they said Week 36 is definitely the first production week for the 06 models. I also asked how long it would be until we took delivery and they said that can really vary upon a great many factors (weather, distance to your dealer, customs, etc.). I'm in the Atlanta, GA metro and the rep said I could see mine by the first one or two weeks of October. Just in time for some great convertible driving weather!

I hope everyone has a smooth process, a wonderful working car and a great experience but just in case...we're "hear" for you.

Old 08-22-2005, 08:07 PM
sagworks
running with scissors
I'll join the club

Put order in first week in July and have been waiting (not so patiently) ever since. Got my list of accessories ready - waiting to order them until Minerva gets started in production. Though just decided on her name tonight - narrowed it down from about 35 goddesses.

Looking at first week in Oct. or last week in Sept. (if I'm lucky) for delivery. I have an appt. (group install so a timeframe) for graphics install already.

:smile: Icarus is a great name!

Old 08-22-2005, 09:16 PM
Scavenger
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I cant wait!!

Just Ordered, Just Joined! Ready to Motor!

Old 08-23-2005, 06:26 AM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
What kind of accessories and other add-ons are you hooking up to Minerva? I think the AB is better looking than the Jet Black because it's metallic and is slicker looking. I saw the graphics you have in your gallery. Are those the ones you want for Minerva? Those are going to look great on that AB base!

I did a search for:

Mi·ner·va Pronunciation Key (m-nûrv)
n. Roman Mythology The goddess of wisdom, invention, the arts, and martial prowess. She came to be identified with the Greek Athena.

Pretty good one!

I figure with the ground effects & custom paint job, Icarus will be a most appropriate name for my MINI.

Old 08-23-2005, 08:44 AM
sagworks
running with scissors
Minerva's accessories

I always try to name my cars after goddesses. My honda that I have now is named Persephone. I thought Minerva will be an appropriate name for my Mini!

I was going for Jet Black when I went to the dealer, but had to go to Astro Black when I got into the que for an '06. Astro Black does look nice. Yes the checkerboard roof and stripes(bonnet and boot) in my gallery is what Minerva will look like Oct. 15 or 16. I am starting small at first and getting the parcel shelf, AUX input, Glovebox Organizer (GbT), Ian's auto-up circuit, and going to get something I can make into a mount for my roady so I can hide it under the toggles. I may also get my windows tinted. I'm getting the invisishield and I think the bonnet stripe will cover it nicely.

Ever since I submitted my paperwork for Minerva it is funny how much I got sucked in.:smile:

Old 08-23-2005, 08:51 AM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
sagworks - Can't wait to see pix when you get it! I always thought the Jet Black was so dull so I was glad to see the AB. I always find myself wanting to do more and more to Icarus when I get him but I'm going to go slow and steady.

scavenger - What're you getting? What're you going to name it? Details man! Details! Welcome aboard!

Old 08-23-2005, 03:40 PM
blitz64
2nd Gear
I am also on week 36 I think. Ordered an MCS Hyper blue/white roof. Didn't order much accessories and try to keep it below 23k. I did get xenon headlights, front/rear foglights, mfsw, and ipod adapter. I find myself checking miniusa owner's lounge couple of times a day, even though I know it'll come in Oct the earliest.

Wondering if Oct will be too late to tint my windows in Boston and I should wait until next spring. I'll wait and see.

Old 08-24-2005, 06:42 AM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
If you want the latest update on your MINI call 866-ASK-MINI (866-275-6464) and talk to a rep. The MINI website still has Icarus listed as On Order. After talking to the rep I found out that it was moved to "Scheduled for Production with no scheduled date" about a week and a half after I ordered it July 23rd. I checked the automated version everyday several times a day and it concurred that status. After about three weeks of that I was getting a little concerned that I still had no date assigned so I opted to talk to a rep and found out that I did have a date. That was two days ago. I feel better. :smile: They said to call anytime and that it's no problem. Always friendly too!

Old 08-24-2005, 12:50 PM
sagworks
running with scissors
just called 1.866.ask.mini and talked to someone

They said my Mini started production this morning and that I should get my VIN shortly! The OL has not been updated and the rep had no idea why. YEAH!!!!!

Old 08-24-2005, 12:59 PM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
I called to verify my status and it's still the same. Week 36, Sept. 5

You mean to tell me your MINI got bumped up in production? I don't see that's possible??? I wonder if this means you're getting an '05 instead of an '06?

Old 08-24-2005, 02:10 PM
teej
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sagworks
They said my Mini started production this morning and that I should get my VIN shortly! The OL has not been updated and the rep had no idea why. YEAH!!!!!
Guess I am in this group too!! I just talked to them and was told the same thing. Production started today!! OL still says "On Order" and the automated response over the phone still says "Scheduled for Production but with no production date yet" The customer rep told me 09-06 is the estimated production date....do we usually start a new thread for each day since its not 09-05?

The only thing that I am worried about is whether my last-minute changes (which I didn't think were last minute before this call!) made it in or not. My MA called me day before yesterday to confirm all changes and I faxed back a signed spec sheet. Hopefully the updated specs made it to the factory!

Freakin excited now!!

Old 08-24-2005, 02:19 PM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
teej - Welcome to the Week 36 thread!

I'm confused. You said production started today but then they said your production date is 9-06. Is there a difference?

Old 08-24-2005, 02:22 PM
teej
2nd Gear
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the "Production Date" is when production will COMPLETE, not start. :smile:

Originally Posted by Gr8Force
teej - Welcome to the Week 36 thread!

I'm confused. You said production started today but then they said your production date is 9-06. Is there a difference?

Old 08-24-2005, 02:26 PM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
I asked the ASK MINI rep that exact question and they said the scheduled production date is when production on the car starts and that it takes about a week for the vehicle to make it completely through the line. Hmmmm...

Old 08-24-2005, 02:38 PM
teej
2nd Gear
I asked the ASK MINI rep that exact question and they said the scheduled production date is when production on the car starts and that it takes about a week for the vehicle to make it completely through the line. Hmmmm...
Weird... is there a difference in "Build Date" vs. "Production Date" then? I'm almost sure I read somewhere that the "Build Date" is estimated time of completion. So maybe Production Date is start of production, and build date is the end? If they are different, then that messes up my understanding of when 2005s end and 2006s begin, because I'm supposed to be getting a 2006! Wish the OL would show the details. It doesn't even show my specs! Just the color and "On Order" status with a Production Number.

Old 08-24-2005, 02:56 PM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
Ok, I just got off the phone with ASK MINI and now they're giving me a different definition of Production Date. I asked them to confirm it with an "authority (teamleader)" and they said that it means when the car completes its production. So in my case they are saying that Icarus is finished all the way through the production on 9-05. I'm trying not to get too excited by that since things change and there's no certainty in how long it takes to go from there to taking delivery. Estimated time...four weeks for me. That's still a whole month away. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we th....

Old 08-24-2005, 07:26 PM
sagworks
running with scissors
Not sure of the terminolgy

I don't know what the production date means, the rep just said it started today. He was suprised why the OL had not updated (I also dont have my options showing up) he said I should get my vin via email in a day or two. He said my mini should be done in around a week. If I have no update to my OL, I'm calling back on Friday. I'll update when I hear anything.

A bunch of people are saying the last batch of '05's were done and waiting at the dock for a full ship. It would make sense to make '06 minis that have no new options while they complete the retool. I thought it would be weird they would shut the plant down for 2 weeks before starting the '06's. I'm keeping my fingers crossed Icarus and all our Mini's are done and started their travels before Labor Day!

The phone message finally updated, completed date estimated at 9/5/05 that is about 2 weeks in production. Seems like a long time, maybe they are closing the plant.

Old 08-25-2005, 08:12 AM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
Confusion abounds for all us first time owners.

I understood that they always close down the plant for two weeks before working on the next model year so they can refit for the changes in the model year and perform a top to bottom maintenance of the plant. Makes sense to me if they truly care about quality and I think they do. Granted nothing's perfect but I sense they really do care about their product.

Now why ain't the dang OL site up to date?!!! Just gives me a reason to call into the reps at ASK MINI.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:11 AM
teej
2nd Gear
Called again this morning. Automated response has indeed been updated. It now says In Production with estimated date of completion 9/6. I talked to a rep and confirmed that my last-minute changes made it in.

I also asked about the OL and the rep apologized and said that its been slow for some reason. According to her, the OL is around 3 days behind. So hopefully next week it will display specs and production date.

Old 08-25-2005, 12:06 PM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
I just called in and realized something...ASK MINI is just as confused as we are. I'm wondering if it's a matter of knowing too much is a dangerous thing or not knowing enough. -sigh- The ultimate date remains the delivery date. Whenever that is.

Old 08-25-2005, 12:56 PM
Red Ryder
Coordinator :: Tar Heel MINI Motoring Club
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks like I'm in the 9/06 club also. Talked with Ask-MINI Monday and the girl on the other line said I should be getting something, via email, next week giving me more detail.

Need to get Red Ryder broken in so I can get to those NC mountains.

Old 08-25-2005, 01:21 PM
Red Ryder
Coordinator :: Tar Heel MINI Motoring Club
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
It's in production!! Great news, just talked with MINI and I found out that mine began down the "birth canal" at 6:08 this morning. The automated phone message however indicates that no production date is scheduled. Looks like once again, "humans prevail over machines".

Old 08-25-2005, 05:13 PM
teej
2nd Gear
Time to look at the factory video again!

Sheesh waiting sucks! I've been through this once before back in 2000, but the wait wasn't this long (for an 01 325i). And I was on the East coast so shipping was quicker.

Need to find a good name for my MINI now.... must have a name before birth!

Old 08-25-2005, 05:23 PM
Gr8Force
5th Gear
Originally Posted by teej
Time to look at the factory video again!
What'chu talkin'bout Willis?

Old 08-25-2005, 07:31 PM
teej
2nd Gear
This is what I'm talkin'bout Arnold!

http://www.mini.com/com/en/manufacturing/index.jsp

What'chu talkin'bout Willis?

Quick Reply: Production Week 36 (09-05-05) Support Group - First 06's!!!