1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SF Bay Area wait times & markups

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 12:29 PM
niraj36
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SF Bay Area wait times & markups

Hey all... I am new to this site and am going to pull the trigger on a MCS soon. I would like to hear from all those in the SF Bay Area who purchased a MINI recently what was there wait times, markup and dealer they ordered from.
Thanks!

Old 08-23-2005, 03:54 PM
emoore
2nd Gear
I almost purchased from a Bay Area dealer. Here is what I found out.

As of early July (all for MCS)
MINI of Mountain View: 3 month wait and $2500 markup
SF MINI: 3 month wait and $2000 markup
MINI in pleasanton: 10-12 month wait with no markup.

I decided to order from Classic MINI in Cleveland and drive the car back to CA. No markup and about a 6 week wait (I will be picking the MINI up in two weeks). Julie at Classic has been very helpful and I would order from them if/when I get another MINI. Charging over MSRP is outrageous and I refuse to pay the extra money so the salesmen/dealership can pocket more money.

Old 08-23-2005, 04:00 PM
SCMCS
4th Gear
Classic MINI is the way to go!

I can also attest to the best car buying experience I have ever had having Julie Saxa and all of the crew at Classic to work with. Not only did I receive the best price on the MSRP but also received a discounted price on the dealer installed options I added and there were many.

Along with the great price and expert installation the wait time from when I first ordered the car until I was motoring was 10 weeks.

I would recommend to anyone that is going to buy a new MINI don’t waist your time looking at local CA dealers just give Julie a call and you won’t be sorry. Anyone who purchases a MINI and pays the dealer markup and or suffers an extended wait is either unformed of the Classic way to buy a MINI or has to much money and time to waist.

Old 08-23-2005, 04:28 PM
eVal
6th Gear
See this thread:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=39267

I didn't try to really find a place near SF and went to Southern Cal knowing it would be simple and MSRP with South Bay and it worked out well

Good luck and see you 'round the Bay Area :smile:

PS: Many dealer installed options are pretty easy to DIY (see here and Motoringfile for instructions on alarm, ipod hookup, exterior bits, etc) and I find it works well to keep that out of the new car equation. Buy the parts at a discount from Classic and save a lot of money installing on your own