1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What am I missing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 07:25 AM
iwantonetoo
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What am I missing?

Hi all! Wonderful site here.

I'm a little bummed though because I keep reading about how people ordered their Minis this month or last month and are expecting them in Oct/Nov. I, on the other hand, ordered my MCSC on 08/22 (my birthday ) and was told not to expect it until APRIL! Well, I thought I could wait that long but it sounds like I don't have to. Anyone know which dealers in the West I can order from so I don't have to wait 7 or 8 months? Any tips much appreciated.

-J

Old 08-25-2005, 08:00 AM
xsmini
6th Gear
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
I've herd that Washington is very slow. Not sure why though. Try calling around to some of the other dealers in the west. I got mine from MINI of Murray in the Salt Lake area of Utah. Back then (02) it was about a 4-5 month wait, but it should be faster now. Also try Calssic in Ohio ( I think), I know not the west coast, but a good excuse for a road trip. Make sure wherever you go to make sure there is no dealer mark up. I saw one in San Diego area the other day with a $4500 mark up .

Oh, Happy Birthday

Nik

Old 08-25-2005, 08:18 AM
mtbscott
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Two dealers here in Houston. Both have cars on the lot, and if you order, you pretty much get in immediately with delivery around 6-8 weeks. Both are MSRP too.

schooner2
4th Gear
I live in Utah and that is where I bought JCWORKS, they are great, no mark up, Call 801-262-2479, ask for Karen Johnson, she is awesome!! Tell her Nate sent you!

10851CS
Former Vendor
iwantonetoo,

Welcome to NAM and congrats on your order.

Check out the sponsors on here (Classid and D&R) some are offering free shipping or low shipping and if you are not dead set on each and every option you want someone might have it on the lot waiting for your call. Also, it seems like someone else had mentioned MINI of Murray in UT earlier so get on the phone and fax all the dealers your wish list and wait a couple of hours for a good deal.

You can also go to each dealers web site and check out their inventory on line. .

If you want to come to San Diego area (Escondido) I believe Brecht will sell at MSRP -- give them a call also.

Earl

p.s.

oops forgot to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Old 08-25-2005, 08:34 AM
xsmini
6th Gear
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by schooner2
I live in Utah and that is where I bought JCWORKS, they are great, no mark up, Call 801-262-2479, ask for Karen Johnson, she is awesome!! Tell her Nate sent you!

Karen is who I worked with too. Yes, she is Awesome no problem working with out of state orders either.

Brecht MINI is where I saw that nasty mark up, but still may be worth a call, they had a few MCSC's on the lot.

Nik

Old 08-25-2005, 08:36 AM
iwantonetoo
1st Gear
Wow, thanks guys. I guess I've got a few phone calls to make. I'll let you know what happens.

BTW, I've never cared about cars at all, but on the way home from the dealership I was already thinking of names for my car which, as far as I knew, I wouldn't even set eyes on for 8 months. Is this normal?

Old 08-25-2005, 08:40 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome aboard!! As you are finding out, you have MANY options of where to get a new MINI and not have to wait so long. It does pay off to spend some time on the phone calling around.

Like others have posted above, there are a couple of dealers that are NAM sponsors and MANY MINI peeps have ordered from them - with a faily quick delivery date....good luck.... ...and let us know how it all turns out...

Donna

Old 08-25-2005, 08:43 AM
chrisneal
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are plenty of places that you can buy from at MSRP, get the car in two months or less, and either pay $500 for shipping, or less for a plane ticket and an unforgettable road trip!

Old 08-25-2005, 12:02 PM
iwantonetoo
1st Gear
On pins and needles here

Ok, thanks a ton for the info. I notice that Mini of Pittsburgh sells at MSRP with free shipping. Anyone have any dealings with them? Positive or negative? I can't believe I'm saying this but, I have no objection to paying MSRP (we bought our other vehicle for $500 less than invoice). The free shipping seems like a great deal, and I can have the car in 6 - 8 weeks, so what's the catch? I talked to the sales manager and everything seems kosher... Might I still be missing something or should I just take the plunge?

Old 08-25-2005, 12:07 PM
chrisneal
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Believe it or not, MSRP is about as good as you're going to do on a MINI. That Pittsburgh deal sounds slightly too good to be true, but if that's all there is to the deal, why not do it? I'd suggest posting in a PA forum to get some feedback about that dealer. The PA forum here doesn't look like it has too much activity, but you might try mini2.com, or maybe get in touch with someone at http://www.pittstopmini.org/

Old 08-25-2005, 12:15 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
here in san antonio tx it takes app. 5-6 weeks nowadays.

Old 08-26-2005, 03:43 PM
iwantonetoo
1st Gear
I love this site. Contacted 5 dealers who got good mentions here; all could get me my MCSC within 8 weeks. I'm leaning toward Mini of Murray just because it's the closest which means less time on the back of a truck.

Mini of the Hamptons were friendly and great to talk to and charge next to nothing for temp. plates, fees, etc. and have no dealer prep charge. Ditto Classic Mini. Murray charges a $375 dealer prep fee but the shipping should be much less the $1500 that I would pay if I went with one of the other dealers so it ends up being a smidge cheaper overall.

As of now I haven't heard back from Dreyer & Reinbold or Mini of Pittsburgh. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow a.m. then I'm going with M of M.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Bridget50
1st Gear
Originally Posted by iwantonetoo
Ok, thanks a ton for the info. I notice that Mini of Pittsburgh sells at MSRP with free shipping. Anyone have any dealings with them? Positive or negative? I can't believe I'm saying this but, I have no objection to paying MSRP (we bought our other vehicle for $500 less than invoice). The free shipping seems like a great deal, and I can have the car in 6 - 8 weeks, so what's the catch? I talked to the sales manager and everything seems kosher... Might I still be missing something or should I just take the plunge?
Read my Sep 1 post "2005 MCS LY/LY/LY is here..thanks MINI of Pittsburgh
I live in WA, and I didn't want to wait............

Old 09-02-2005, 11:38 PM
minibot
3rd Gear
Not to defend NW MINI or anything, but my experience has been pretty good in terms of their build production queue. I ordered my MINI in late June and was told initially that for MCSs, there would be an seven month wait. Some people cancelled, and somehow the Oxford plant was producing more MCSs so I got bumped from January to a September build slot.

The pros/cons of ordering from NW MINI is that there might still be a markup from MSRP (it's not as bad as California's) and you get service loaners if you take your MINI in for service. If ordering from somewhere else, then probably not. I wanted the extra time for a larger down payment, so it worked out in my end (though with the September build slot, I definitely didn't save as much as I could've!).

Old 09-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Bridget50
1st Gear
I have had no problems at all with NW MINI. They have been super helpful and patient. For many sentimental reasons, I wanted an 05 model and I wanted LY. I didn't have a chance of getting an 05 back in early June through NW MINI, and I wanted to be sure I got an LY. Lo and behold, LY is indeed gone. And, going through MINI of Pittsburgh back in June, Graham got me a production number for the 05 about an hour after I talked to him.
NW MINI did tell me that the 06 Cooper (not S) waits were much shorter this year. When you get your MINI, post pics!

Old 09-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Jenn B
6th Gear
Woo! Same b-day as me!

And yes, do call around. There is NO reason for you to wait that long when so many dealers will sell and ship to you. They do this a lot and it should be quite painless.

Old 09-20-2005, 08:53 PM
iwantonetoo
1st Gear
Thanks everyone for the feedback. minibot and Bridget50 it's reassuring to hear good things about NW Mini as I was a wee bit worried about the reception I'd get there for service (being extremely mechanically inept and all.)

minibot, it's so cool to have had your wait time shortened like that. Congrats to you both on your MINIs.

And happy belated birthday Jenn B! :smile:

Old 09-20-2005, 09:19 PM
pitpass
2nd Gear
Ordered mine from Schomp in Denver, 4 months to get
the car, MSRP and only a $500 deposit. My local dealer
in Vegas claims they can have a car to me in two
months but they want a $2000 deposit and a $1500
markup.

Old 09-20-2005, 09:28 PM
SRTech