1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

goodbye friends.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 08:58 AM
thefuturequeenofnebraska
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
goodbye friends.

well friends... its time for me to go.
Samantha became too unreliable and I had to get rid of her.
my heart is broken because I lost the great community that came with owning a MINI.
Thanks for the friendship, laughs and fun.
I wish for you all happy motoring in the days to come and less car problems than I had.
Tori
The Future Queen of Nebraska (and Queen of the Dragon)

thefuturequeenofnebraska@gmail.com

Old 08-25-2005, 09:01 AM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmm, what kind of problems did you have in those 4 months????

Originally Posted by thefuturequeenofnebraska
my heart is broken because I lost the great community that came with owning a MINI.
I wish for you all happy motoring in the days to come and less car problems than I had.
Tori

Old 08-25-2005, 09:21 AM
ogrady
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, I'm really surprised after 4 months you had such a miserable experience that you got rid of her. What happened?

Old 08-25-2005, 09:30 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Awwww Shucks!!! I'm sorry to hear you've had so many issues. Mind sharing them with us?? You can still pop in to say hello - What did you replace Samantha with?

Donna

Old 08-25-2005, 09:44 AM
british kompressor
3rd Gear
Too bad.

I've had my 05 MCS since beginning of May, and I cant imagine having so many problems that it would push me to sell it.

the only problems so far is the 3 second stumble on cold starts, which I really dont mind and the weird grinding sound when I take a shark turn under power. The second one is a bit more serious but will get it fixed ant the next oil change.

I am also curious to know what you are changing for...

Old 08-25-2005, 09:46 AM
Detroit Tuned
Vendor - 15 Years
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
oh my!! what happened??

Old 08-25-2005, 09:48 AM
xsmini
6th Gear
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
TFQON, What kind of problems???? Did you get a lemon? Fill us in on whats up. Mine hase been very reliable for almost 80k now. You may have just gotten a bad one. Don't give up on em yet.

Nik

Old 08-25-2005, 09:55 AM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
Sorry to hear this Tori. You just dropped off the radar scope and many of us were wondering what happened to you.

Old 08-25-2005, 11:14 AM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Tori

Say it isn't so You are one of the most creative, original thinkers here and your loss will be felt. How about posting as a "friend of the Mini"...you don't have to own one to like them and contribute. IMO

Whatever you do my best wishes go with you,

Bob

Old 08-25-2005, 08:18 PM
thefuturequeenofnebraska
6th Gear
lets see...
three trips with roadside in about 3 months
my drivers side door (interior handle) stopped working and locking
windows would squeak or not open with the remote
alarm wouldnt set
my underglow kept falling off
died while driving (luckily i was in a residental neighborhood)
dead batteries (and we dont know why- last idea- could be that my alternator wouldnt charge enough)
ems reader wouldnt read the key (meaning the car wouldnt start)
transmission problems (when in park she would read reverse, and my reverse lights would stay on sometimes, taken in 3 times and still not fixed)
needed a new tire- $500
and more that i cant think of. she would go into the shop, stay a few days and id get about 100 miles with her before id have to return her (and ive got a 60 mile commute to school)
became really good friends with my service advisor tho...haha and always got nice loaner MINIs to drive. basically in the last 2 months or so i spent more time in different rentals than i did my own car... and that became REALLY frustrating for me, bryan (my service guy- ps hes GREAT) and the tech that worked on her... even the valet guys knew me by sight and name... (oh and on a funny note- Bryan was one of the first people i called once i got it... and we celebrated that we wont have to have our weekly meetings anymore... haha)
so while driving home one day (with the trans problem and the non working door being the worst of the problems) i stopped at a few dealerships and came home with a new 350z... fun, but not a MINI... i actually thought about getting a new one and started talking with Julie @ Classic and one of the local MAs but didnt want to risk getting another lemon... (oh and because i had aftermarket, i couldnt use the lemon law. lame)
oh and since im so much closer now, is it okay if i stop by at dragon events even tho i wont be in a MINI???
well thats the short version... happy to have something that i have driven 400 problem free miles in, but sad to see Sam go...

Old 08-25-2005, 08:23 PM
not-so-rednwhitecooper
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
HA! thats nothing, if i had given in that soon, id have an EVO by now!!!

last month i had my car for 5 days. even for the simplest problem it stay in for about a week.

i fixed the door by myself, it would have been in the shop for over 3 hours to have one of the incompetent BMW mechanics at classic fix it, it took me 20 minutes.

i wouldnt have given in too easily, altho every time the car goes in for service, the yellow EVO on the chevy lot nevt door starts looking nicer and nicer

Old 08-25-2005, 08:31 PM
british kompressor
3rd Gear
wow.

Old 08-25-2005, 08:39 PM
Skiploder
Banned
Originally Posted by rednwhitecooper

last month i had my car for 5 days. even for the simplest problem it stay in for about a week.

i fixed the door by myself, it would have been in the shop for over 3 hours to have one of the incompetent BMW mechanics at classic fix it, it took me 20 minutes.

i wouldnt have given in too easily, altho every time the car goes in for service, the yellow EVO on the chevy lot nevt door starts looking nicer and nicer
Before you buy an Evo I have a neighbor you should talk to - that car makes the Queen's look downright reliable.......

Geez, and I thought they had worked out all the kinks in the 05s . Welcome to the world of BMW - my 03 MCS will be my last.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Hyper Blue
2nd Gear
Wow...don't know what to say except...I haven't had a SINGLE problem with my 2005 MCS. Of course, it's still stock. I guess we'll see.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Rick-Anderson
6th Gear
Originally Posted by rednwhitecooper
My friend just returned his EVO under the Lemon Law. He is a HUGE EVO fan (moderates an EVO forum) but he told me that EVOs are the biggest pieces of crap on the road in terms or reliability.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:08 PM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Terrible horrible news! So sad to hear! Been wondering where you were!

Keep in touch, dear and do come to the Dragon!

Old 08-25-2005, 09:14 PM
Detroit Tuned
Vendor - 15 Years
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
totally come to the dragon! i am sure there is a lot of us that will take you for a ride.:smile:

Old 08-25-2005, 09:33 PM
not-so-rednwhitecooper
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
well, i would have traded the cooper, got an evo, traded the evo and gotten either a v6 stang, cobalt SS or a TT...hmm....decisions decisions.....

Old 08-25-2005, 09:53 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Hey, Tori.....remember you are only the Princess of the Dragon.....I am the Queen, tee hee, having gone to each May Dragon Event (as well as other impromptu seasonal ones) since the original...LOLOLOL!!

Honey, I am so sorry about all your issues. And I am especially sorry that you didn't come here and discuss things with us before now. You are always welcome to party with the MINI folk at the Dragon!

350Z? Oh well.....good luck with it! Have fun with it and you can always get another MINI in the future!

Clover

Old 08-26-2005, 12:05 PM
JCW Driver
6th Gear
I wouldn't wish that many problems on a car in 20 years. Much less 4 months.

Sounds like a lemon to me.

If I had that many issues, that quickly, I'd sell our car too.

Old 08-26-2005, 12:09 PM
eVal
6th Gear
Sorry you had so many issues, that really stinks

Its too bad you couldn't/did't lemon it tho, now some poor soul is going to inherit the problems - guess that's the way it goes

Old 08-29-2005, 07:30 PM
thefuturequeenofnebraska
6th Gear
An EVO? What is that anyways??? And they make my car look reliable? Ack.

Hyper Blue- enjoy it while it lasts

Andrew- didn’t have a computer and moved to texas… that’s part of where ive been…how are things in Alabama? With all the hurricane and nonsence ive been worried about you! (and Elizabeth)

Chad- Ill be there… just tell me when… isn’t there one in the fall? Hey you don’t work on z’s do you? Haha youre the only reliable mechanic ive had!

Rednwhite- thought about a TT… but the wait here in texas is 3 months… or preowned. Lame!

Clo- Forgive me… you are right… and I apologize for attempting to steal your title… and don’t forget that you help to plan all those events!!! I wish I had been able to talk through them all… with school, being sick, having surgery and being computerless it was hard tho. How is Wanda doing?? And ill enjoy my z for now… as for another MINI… I'm thinking not… unless they radically alter the plans for the 07’s to look more like the current ones…

JCW- too bad I couldn’t claim her a lemon… that’s what happens when you put in aftermarket bits… they are ALWAYS to blame… (did you know that your stereo can cause problems with your door, windows and transmission?)

eVal- The worst part is that whoever ends up with her doesn’t get the warranties that come with her.. shes going to be/is sold as is.

Got to drive her again on Friday… made me REALLY homesick for her. But… I was reminded WHY I got rid of her… first off she wouldn’t start- and I just replaced the battery less than 2 weeks ago and didn’t drive her for one of those two… so I am at the dealership to get her and her battery is dead. (non use?) so we jump her.. and her alarm starts going off. It goes off for 5 minutes or so, then stops for a while and repeats the process a few more times. Why? We don’t know. Oh and the best thing about the MINI alarm- you CANT turn it OFF!!!! Super lame. Had to call 3 different MINI dealerships to find this out. Arg. Finally got her to the stereo place and got that all taken out… goodbye amazing stereo! And oh look- all the problems are still there. And my check engine light became permanently on. Did I mention that? Oh well.. shes gone now.. and I'm going to look back and only remember the good times… like the dragon. Hope to see you all there soon! xoxo Tori

Old 08-30-2005, 12:16 AM
Hyper Blue
2nd Gear
An EVO? What is that anyways??? And they make my car look reliable? Ack.
EVO = Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution...turbocharged, all-wheel drive sedan. Super fast...super fun...and apparently unreliable. It's too bad...I kind of like them.