1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini Wave

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 11:46 AM
iwantonetoo
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini Wave

Woo hoo, I re-ordered my MCSCa from Mini of Murray on 08/26/05. Cool blue, white bonnet stripes, chrome line, black top, black leather, #'s 1, 2, & 3, chrono. Feel much better about waiting 8 weeks instead of the 8 months with Rasmussen in Portland or 12 months in Tacoma, WA. Thanks to everyone who offered dealership advice. Feel kinda wussy not getting the manual, but with 3 kids to haul around and doing mostly city driving I just don't want the hassle.

I have a question about the Mini wave. How is it done? My spouse's every day ride is a Harley and he has described the Harley wave, which has it's own special etiquette. Apparently there's a Jeep wave too. Is there a special Mini wave, 'cause I want to be ready?

Old 08-28-2005, 11:51 AM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
Iwantonetoo there is no official MINI wave I know of, but you will find many MINI owners will wave, honk or flash you in any fashion to get your attention.

Old 08-28-2005, 03:51 PM
VRBeauty
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It used to be the (literally, NOT sndwave's interpretation!), usually out an open window. I indulge when I can, and sometimes I still get it from other MINI drivers.

When I first got my MINI I was so excited about it, and MINIs generally, that I'd other MINI drivers even when I wasn't in my car. Like if I spotted a MINI when I was walking down the street (some of us still do that!) or in my carpool buddy's Ford Taurus. I've pretty much squelched that impulse. Got too many strange looks from strangers...

Old 08-28-2005, 03:56 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Originally Posted by sndwave
Iwantonetoo there is no official MINI wave I know of, but you will find many MINI owners will wave, honk or flash you in any fashion to get your attention.
And those of us who want a MINI but don't quite have the down payment yet!

Old 08-28-2005, 05:05 PM
chows4us
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My wife said two young ladies greeted her in a convert by standing up and .... doing the wave!

Old 08-28-2005, 10:40 PM
Deuce Coupe Effect
4th Gear
Location: From New Lenox, IL., but living in West Lafayette, IN.
It seems like it can be done in any way that you want to acknoledge to co-love of the car. I going to try doing it while walking and seeing a MINI, and that coupled with my non-mini ownership (yet) will prove that the Mini wave can be done anywhere by any Mini Enthusiast.

Old 08-28-2005, 11:49 PM
Krassanova
4th Gear
Originally Posted by chows4us
My wife said two young ladies greeted her in a convert by standing up and .... doing the wave!
Did annyone else think that was going to end differently?

Anyhow...if I see a MINI on the freeway, I wait till I'm next to the other MINI to wave. For opposing traffic MINI spottings, I'll do the lights on/lights off routing, or a quick "beep beep" of the horn. If someone is behind me, and I'm getting off the road, or turning I like to do a reverse sunroof wave.

Edit: forgot to quote