1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delivery day Horor story.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 04:24 PM
rigidjunkie
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delivery day Horor story.

So I didn't sleep very well last night (you know the whole Christmas thing was kicking in) but what a great day it would be it was finally delivery day! By 7:30 I would be rolling around in my new Mini and all would be right with the world.

I got to work early so I caould call the bank and the dealer to get them talking and working things out. Then it started. The dealer needed some time to get their numbers together. This was WTF moment number 1 as I ordered the car amonth and a half ago and from that date to today one thing changed and that one thing changed three weeks ago. So I was mipped that I had to wait for the final numbers to get together.

So I finally get the Sales order that I had to get to the bank so they could draw up the paperwork. Right as I get ready to fax it on I get a call that the info I have is not right. So I wait again. WTF moment 2 why didn't they check this stuff till after they sent it to me?

No big deal I just wait a bit longer then get a revised sheet. I fax it over and the bank calls back. The sales order has my trade in amount, but not what I owe. The bank says "didn't you say you had a downpayment and you owed on your car?" I say yes and call the dealer back.

I have to leave a message and when I hear back the dealer says "We are sorry we are very busy today, but will get you the info corrected." WTF moment 3 it is MONDAY why is the dealer busy? Saturday I understand is busy, but MONDAY? I used to work at a bank and Mondays were busy there because the dealer sold all their cars on Saturday so we got the paperwork Monday, but to be busy on Monday makes no sence.

Not to worry it is still arouns 1:00 plenty of time to get things done. I fax the revised sheet showing my trade in amount owed and my downpayment, then fax it to the bank. Then the bank calls back and tells me that they don't want the downpayment on the sheet because I am making my downpayment to them. I say grrrrrr. Get back on the phone with the dealer and ask for another sales sheet. They fax it over at 2:00 I call the bank and say I am faxing it. My bank rep says I am going to lunch will be back in an hour. So I figure back at 3:00 that gives two hours. Well I don't get a call back and I leave a couple messages. At 4:30 I figure I will just stop by the bank and see the person. I arrive at the bank at 4:35 and find out they close at 4:30. WTF moment #4 if you close at 4:30 why are you taking lunch at 2:00?

So I end up calling the dealer and saying see you tomorrow. So now I am forced to spend another sad night knowing my Mini is at the dealer just waiting for me :(

Old 08-29-2005, 04:31 PM
mikem53
5th Gear
Hang in there... it won't be long now... Amazing the crap they put you thru...
Your day is almost here...

Old 08-29-2005, 04:33 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
YUCK! How frustrated you must feel!!! I know the week leading up to taking delivery of my first MINI had me totally sleepless and hyper-excited! Hang in there, RJ......it won't be long, now!

Clover

Old 08-29-2005, 04:35 PM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
I went through something like this for almost two weeks...trust me...it's all going to be fine...and then you'll wake up and it will be yrs and miles later...and you will smile some more

Old 08-29-2005, 07:01 PM
TheOldMan
4th Gear
A very general, stereotypical statement, “ ALL car dealers are idiots”. That said, it’s worth the wait. :smile:

ps. Are you Drew's (Shem) friend?

Good luck tomorrow.

Old 08-30-2005, 01:32 PM
rigidjunkie
6th Gear
Thanks everybody today was a great success Maximus is mine!!!!

Old Man I do indeed know Shem we went to high school together and share the same birthday. If I had a month I could fill it with stories from our past he and I got into some good times back in our youth. Ask him about his first car that thing was a grade A POS, but it never slowed us down

Old 08-30-2005, 04:48 PM
TheOldMan
4th Gear
Congrats on the new MINI. If you make it up to RO, we sould get a coffee or....

I really want to hear those stories.

Nice looking MINI, very clean.

Old 08-31-2005, 01:40 PM
rigidjunkie
6th Gear
I will be in town on the 9th. Shem and I will be drunk someplace (not driving that way of course thank goodness for Leigh!)